Starpoint Gemini 2 - Early Access Update
Iceberg Interactive has a new press release with information on a major update on Steam Early Access for Starpoint Gemini 2.
Two brand new Starpoint Gemini 2 trailers released
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 20 December 2013 – Space sim/RPG fans’ current favorite title, Starpoint Gemini 2 (PC), presently in alpha on the Steam’s Early Access program, is receiving its final update of the year later today, accompanied by two new trailers for the increasingly popular game. Developer Little Green Men Games is releasing a new gameplay trailer, showing what players can expect in today’s new update. Revealed a few days ago on social media, they have also released a second trailer, showcasing the new features that made it into the game, thanks to community input – including the hugely popular ‘STARSHIP GARAGE’.
Both trailers are streaming on the Iceberg Youtube channel here and here.
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says: “We’re already seeing strong sales for Starpoint Gemini 2 during the Steam Early Access program, and there is definitely a very positive and involved atmosphere on the community hub. The guys at Little Green Men Games have to be commended for managing to constantly staying tuned to the community vibe while simultaneously improving Starpoint Gemini 2, using the tremendous community feedback as well as executing their own development roadmap. Thanks to the Steam Early Access Program, the game is really expanding well beyond what was originally planned and is looking more and more like a polished, immersive and high quality space sim, as the weeks go by. And there is much more to come!”
Highlighted additions and changes from today’s update are:
- Fire at will command in its basic form uses a smart algorithm to switch between targets. This feature is a work in progress and feedback is most welcome.
- Licenses are now available for purchase on stations (planets will receive them in the next update). Licenses can only be acquired when you're allied to a faction
- New station model
- Energy redistribution panel (transfer power between engines/shields/weapons)
- AI received first update (NPC ships fly and fight in formations, use power to engines…)
- Structures can now be guarded. Damaging them can trigger security forces to arrive in its defence
- Several new bonus modifiers are now functional (Heavy weapon reload, Weapon battery recharge...)
The full change list v0.6005 can be found in the Steam Community Hub here.
To keep track of all latest news about Starpoint Gemini 2, please visit the official Steam page http://store.steampowered.com/app/236150 or www.starpointgemini.com
Information aboutStarpoint Gemini 2
SP/MP: Single + MP
Release: In development