Proven Lands - Kickstarter Updates# 1 & 2
It seems Proven Lands is the next kickstarter to get two more updates today, but first lets talk about the games funding. It has earned £10,548 of £299,000 goal in two days.
Now the first update talks about the games first day, and how the developer is thrilled.
We are thrilled
Exciting times! We did great so far, for a start. £6.5k ($10.8k) in 2 days! Thank you all! We do what we can to feed the press, first journalists posted very positive news, but we are still waiting for the major magazines and channels. We will know better until Thursday. Slowly but surely.
We are thrilled to be #1 by "magic" and #6 by popularity under "Kickstarter Discover"! (19:00 CET) What does "magic" mean? We do not know, but we do know that Gandalf is a great wizard. Two top projects end in 2-3 days, which means: we might jump to the top by the time.
We add an FAQ called "Is your goal too high? Is it too low?" to the FAQs. We are reconsidering the game genre. We'd like to call it: "3D science-fiction sandbox survival" -- because it is easier this way for most people, it seems. We hate genres. But this is how it works. Also, we are on Steam Greenlight now. Vote for us! And, Proven Lands ships DRM free (thanks again!). A Humble Store contact just wrote us. So, we might have our PayPal store online soon!!
The second update shares more good news about the game.
- Good news. We’ve made +150 backers in 12h, thanks to RPS which is… woo!
- I’m setting up a Humble Store right now. Great guys over there!! PayPal/Google soon.
- We’re making progress on Steam. But our Steam Greenlight needs you!
- We just created a Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/surviveprovenlands
- I didn’t find time for debugging due to the press/media, but I hope it was worth it (1k emails).
- A friend of a friend joins us on Friday to help with the press. We totally underestimated the PR/press.
- A few experienced backers emailed me and started to help with Kickstarter campaign analysis and PR which is an absolute surprise. Awesome, really. I hope we meet once.
- I’ve got some bug reports and try to priorize that list soon. Thank you all! I read everything.
- Soon more about those alpha/beta release dates, the PS Vita support, those OSX/Linux demos and our plans for a mobile demo.
I also forgot to mention yesterday you can download, and try the free Pre-Alpha build of the game. It's a perfect way to see if you might want to back the game.
Information aboutProven Lands
Release: In development