Witcher 3 - Status and The Witcher Mobile Game
GameBanshee brings the news that a NeoGaf forum member translated CD Project Red's 2014 financial report, in which they mention the current status of The Witcher 3, work on a mobile adventure game of The Witcher.
About their plans for 2014 with respect to new developments:
- Witcher comics - digital and paper
- Continuous intensive marketing action for TW3
- Witcher 3 preorders
- Release of The Witcher Adventure Game (board game) - Q3 2014
- 2 mobile titles: The Witcher Adventure Game and a new multiplatform project.
- Together with an external development studio we are working on the multiplatform mobile game, which uses advanced features of tablets and smartphones
- We are entering a completely new territory, both in terms of gameplay and business model
- Work on the project began over a year ago, independently from TW3 and Cyberpunk 2077.
- The game will be announced together with beta sign-up.
- Commercial release this year.
And about The status of The Witcher 3:
- Dialogue lines are closed & implemented
- They are currently recording voice overs for each language version of the game
- The world of the game is completed - locations are finished, all important gameplay mechanics are already implemented
- Graphic assets and animations are nearing completion
- The game can already be played in full
- REDengine 3 supports all 3 platforms
- The physical elements of the collector's edition are in production
- Implementation of the remaining side quests
- Importing voice overs and testing their quality/changing them
- Gameplay testing and balancing
- Continuous work on improving the quality of graphic assets, animations, effects and sounds - this will last until just before going gold
- REDengine3 optimization
The reasoning behind the 2015 release:
- Less competition
- Improved effectiveness of marketing campaign targeted at aware gamers and not random gift-buyers.
- Better polished game: the last 20% of time stands for 80% of the game's attractiveness.
- More new-gen consoles on the market = more customers
Information aboutWitcher 3
Release: In development