General News - Grid Cartographer 2
You may remember me mentioning a small program that allows gamers to make maps for RPG games called Grid Cartographer. The developer David Walters sent news that version 2 is now available.
Here are the changes from version one.
Grid Cartographer 2 is an RPG map making tool
It's the perfect companion for table-top roleplaying dungeon design or for mapping classic games like Wizardry, Might & Magic, Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master. Why not download the free edition using the links above and give it a try?
The main new features in v2 are:
* Completely rewritten user interface with tabbed toolbars and a scrolling palette of brush types. The interface was built with touch screen in mind so the Android version will be practically identical.
* Improved custom tiles support. I've replaced the old tileset system with one that uses individual images. This is much more user friendly and also convenient in that it allows for individual tiles graphics to be updated and removed more easily.
* You can also make use of a simple two layer system to draw custom tiles as both ground and feature items.
* Added support for diagonal walls which will aid mapping games like System Shock.
* Finally I've added an option to automatically add matching pairs of stairs or ladders on the floor above or below where you place one. This makes it much easier to track the entry points into a new floor.
A new license costs $12 with an upgrade of $5 for existing customers and a special offer (until the end of April) where owners of both the Android and desktop versions can get a v2 key for free.
Information aboutGeneral News
Release: In development