Age of Wonders 3 - New Patch & Editor Info
Triumph Studios has released two more updateson the Age of Wonders 3 website. The first update has information on the games reception, and update plans.
The dust is settling after launch; so it’s time for an update! The team is very happy and humbled with the overall reception so far: reviews, sales, but most importantly we’re happy with overall fan reaction. But of course we can always do better. We’ve spent 39 months developing Age of Wonders III, and we’re planning on supporting the game for a long period of time. We’ll release patches, free new features and dlc/expansion packs and we’re looking forward to implementing lots of feedback from the community. For the first update/patch, which will go live in the coming days we are looking at the following items:
- WQHD / QHD (up to 2560 x 1440 / 2560 *1600) native resolution display support (the Black & White boxes and blurry text should disappear)
- Frame Drops, particularly when having an army selected removed.
- AI Difficulty lowered for “Squire” – people dying in the first Elven Court mission is not good.
- AI Global Spell Disjunction Spamming is limited
- AI Leaving their walls less quickly in combat
- Disabling of controller / joystick input to avoid camera drift
- Saving profile – e.g. graphics settings – fixed for the ‘Guest’ account.
- Previous/Next Button for Cities (added to the city header)
- Quick Save Option.
This update should drop in the next couple of days. Steam versions will update automatically, and a patch will be downloadable from GoG. This is just a start! We have many other updates and fixes in the works, including an option to disable observing multiplayer tactical combat between other players.
The next update has more information the games editor with a new video.
While most of you have probably just begun delving into the depths of AoW3; we’re already getting questions about the editing tools. Designer Narvek has prepared this tutorial video, showing the core features. The Editor allows you to create your own worlds and paint terrain features with ease. Place armies, cities, and resource structures with the click of a button. Create your own heroes, and set default diplomatic states between sides. Tech savvy editors can script interactive events such as quests and create entire campaigns, including story scenes with custom art and voice tracks – just like the campaigns shipped with the game!
Information aboutAge of Wonders 3
SP/MP: Single + MP