Lords of Xulima - Beta News Update
Numantian Games has posted the next update for Lords of Xulima with news the Beta will be released soon for backers, and shares some impressions of the Beta.
The Steam Beta version for BackersGreetings to our backers!
First of all, we would like to apologize for the delays. Some aspects of the development such as the Steam integration and things like the localization and voice creation has delayed us much more that we expected.
That said, we would like to announce that the Lords of Xulima private beta for backers will be available at the end of the next week through Steam.
We are going to set three different phases:
PHASE 1 - SPECIAL BETA EDITION
All the backers who purchased the Special Beta access and above (the ones who have the Silver Medal in credits) will be the first to receive their Steam Keys. And also, they can join our Private Development Forum to help us to improve LoX with their feedback (improvements, bugs, balancing, new ideas, etc.)
PHASE 2 - BETA PLAYER EDITION
All the backers who purchased the Beta Player edition or above (>=45$) will have their key one to two weeks later, unless we find some very awful bugs or problems that we have to fix urgently (an installation problem, configuration issues with some PCs... things like that). These beta players will have access to the Private Beta Forum in which they can write their thoughts, opinion, bug reports, improvements, etc.
PHASE 3 - PUBLIC STEAM EARLY ACCESS
Some weeks later, we will activate Steam Early Access for the general public and of course, for the rest of our backers and pre-orders. We will keep it in that state for as long as we need, so that LoX can be as perfect as possible.
We recommend you to wait to the final release which will be 100% polished. If not, we recommend to wait to later versions which will be more polished, but if you are eager to try Lords of Xulima, you are of course welcome and your feedback will be very helpful for us. We will send you an email to ask you if you are interested in participating in the beta process.
WHAT DOES THE BETA INCLUDE?
- About 50% of the full game, which can be about 50+ hours of gameplay.
- It is the real game, all the save games will be always compatible between the beta and the final release.
WHAT DOES THE BETA NOT INCLUDE?
- The MAC and Linux versions are not available.
- 50% the game's content (which includes the endgame). It is actually done and will be unlocked very soon, but we have to finish and polish the translations.
- The Talisman of Golot is not yet available. This special reward will be added towards the end of the beta process.
- The new class, Divine Summoner, is not yet available. It will be very soon!
- Some voices for certain NPCs are not yet available.
- Some sound effects, especially the ones from certain monsters, are missing or will be improved.
- Some Statue descriptions in the Hall of Heroes have not yet been implemented. They will be available very soon.
- Some graphic improvements, like item icons, will be improved.
Information aboutLords of Xulima