Project Zomboid - Aiming to Please Update
Deloveler Indie Stone has posted another development update for Project Zomboid with infomation on what has been updated in the game this month.
The ranged weapon have receive a bunch of fixes/changes, I tried to stick to the reality, even if I’ve never fired a gun.. Meh.
First thing, bullets don’t really pierce zombies now, it mean if you shoot a zombie, and there’s a zombie behind him, he won’t die, but he could take slight damage from rest of bullets (even being knocked back/down and turn as a crawler, yay for crawlers!).
So by knowing this, you already know the shotgun has been really nerfed!
The range of weapon has been slightly nerfed, as well as their angle too (mostly for the pistol), that means you will need to be at the right place to aim for a shot. No more 45° kill with a pistol.
Guns have now a critical chance (modified by aiming skill, but more on that below), understand it as a “head shot”.
For example a pistol can have a great chance of critical, while the shotgun will just blow up zombie chest (in a bloody glory moment !).
Weapon also have a recoil delay, meaning you can’t fire like an assault rifle with the shotgun.
It will mean no more taking a 300 strong zombies horde with 3 shotgun shells.
So by now, I’m sure you understood that the shotgun is a good weapon to start, and the pistol will be more deadly at end level, because it has a larger capacity, less recoil, makes less noise and way better range/critical chance than the shotgun.
The glorious aiming skill
While making my changes to weapons, I saw that the aiming skill barely modify the hit chance, damage and stuff, well, that’s the past.
Aiming skill will now influence a LOT of things! Here’s a list :
- Hit chance! Like really? It require skill to aim correctly? Jeeze Devs nowaday…
- Critical chance! Yup, it’s not a FPS : “aim for head = head shot”, we’re in isometric world, so I can add a skill modifier to this (remind you of Fallout?)
- Range ! Range is now also influenced by aiming skill, at least for the pistol.
- Angle! Well ok, that may sound weird, but because we’re in an isometric world, aiming can be hard, so now, with a better aiming skill, you won’t have to be at the perfect angle for a straight shot (again, specially for the pistol).
- Rate of fire! Well, I’m still trying to know how the great shooter can shoot faster than others (maybe it’s a combination of aiming + strength ?)
It’ll mean that you can avoid being violently murdered by a guy with a pistol if he can’t really aim with it, you could try to run toward him with an axe and take him down before he gets you, and with a bit of luck you may get an axe to his head!
Information aboutProject Zomboid
Release: In development