Description from the website:
Return with us to the days when men were sprites (and so were women and dragons and kings). When 256 colors seemed like a luxury and games were known more for their gameplay than their flashy graphics. Inaria is a game created in that style, but with modern interface conveniences that make it easier to play, giving the best of both worlds.
Inaria is a land divided. The above-dwelling Humans and the subterranean Slorn had long been at peace…until a new Slorn King pushed his people into war with the surface. Many cities fell to the Slorn onslaught, but one held – Emerald, the last free city of Inaria.
As a citizen of Emerald, you’ve decided that it’s time for you to join the fight. While the main forces prepare their defenses, King Gianfranco sends you on a seemingly impossible mission…to destroy the Slorn King himself.
- Classically inspired graphics
- Huge dungeons to exlore
- Tons of different enemies to fight
- RPG mechanics that reward you no matter how you choose to create your character
- A plot of intrigue and deception, where things aren’t as simple as they seem
- Superb retro-styled music courtesy of (and available for purchase from) H. Arnold Jones
- Small and fast – Inaria runs on any Windows computer, including netbooks!