Monster's Den: Godfall
Monster's Den : Godfall Review
Forgottenlor crawls through the dungeons of Godfall to find out that there are some downsides to them
» Continue reading the article...
Maylander dived into ELEX to see if it is a game worthy of Piranha Bytes
» Read the article
No, keep it as it is
Oh yes, I'll show you...
I want Little Ponies
I don't care
Thursday - November 16, 2017
Kingmaker - Cleric Companion
Tristian is a cleric who embodies the virtues of his divine lady, the ever radiant Sarenrae. He is a gentle and kind person, always willing to help someone in distress. If things like this appeal to you:
According to the dogma of the Everlight, no being, no matter what heinous acts it committed, should be denied a chance of redemption. It is the way Tristian follows determinedly – even given the unpleasant experiences and disappointments he found during his travels across Golarion, Tristian still believes in redemption for all.
Tristian never preaches, and shares the teachings of Sarenrae only with those who ask to hear them. His faithfulness mixes well with his good-natured curiosity, inexhaustible kindness, and unfailing belief in the inherent good inside every living person - although you cannot help but notice a trace of sorrow in the young cleric's words.
Tristian always seeks to help those in need, but his most recent expedition to the Stolen Lands is one of the greatest tests of his spirit. Something wicked has taken root in the swamps and plains of this region – something that makes curses of all kinds much more potent and deadly. In search of answers Tristian unites with a bold adventurer who seeks to bring peace and order to the Stolen Lands. Should you rely on the cleric and invite him into your party, Tristian will look for the most practical way to help – he never preaches his beliefs if not asked to enlighten others about the teachings of Sarenrae.
Then he might be a good fit for your party.
As the video shows, Tristian also can put up a fight when needed. Don't forget to also check out the additional information in the Kickstarter update.
Release: In development
BattleTech - Campaign Gameplay
DSOGaming reports that Harebrained Schemes have released a gameplay video showing off the single player campaign for Battletech.
Harebrained Schemes has released a new video, showing 25 minutes of gameplay footage from BATTLETECH’s single player campaign. The game currently targets a 2018 release and this video will give you an idea of what you can expect from it.
The Sinking City - City Generation Demonstration
DSOGaming report on Frogwares demonstration of city generation which will feature in The Sinking City which is a lovecraftian open world detective game.
Frogwares has shared a video showing the City Generator tech demo for its upcoming Lovecraftian game, The Sinking City. With this tool, Frogwares is able to generate a rich, visually varied, open-world city in merely a few moments. What’s really cool here is that when The Sinking City releases, Frogwares is planning on sharing this tool with everyone.
As such, theoretically, players will be able to create their own cities with this tool. And if the game is open to more mods, it will provide an experience that extends beyond the game. Hear that EA? No need for microtransactions or anything like that.
General NewsSP/MP: Unknown
Release: In development
Wednesday - November 15, 2017
BattleTech - Preview
Game Watcher checked out BattleTech:
Firefly meets XCOM, with Mechs
Battletech is one of our most eagerly anticipated games. Developer Harebrained Schemes have already done stellar work with the Shadowrun series of RPGs, now they’re turning their attention to making a proper XCOM-like Battletech strategy game, something more in tune with the original tabletop game rather than a simulator/action game like MechWarrior. We’ve already tried out the Skirmish mode, and now HBS and publisher Paradox invited us to take a look and play a mission of the Single-Player Campaign. And boy, does it look great. We were excited before – now it’s a potential Game of the Year 2018 contender.
Non-RPG General News - Numantia Reviews
Farflame spotted two reviews for the strategy game Numantia:
PC Aficionado: Numantia Review - Score 6.4/10
Pixel Opinions: Numantia
Numantia is a solid game with a strong historical narrative and deep strategic gameplay. The battle graphics are somewhat above average for an indie game and the hand-drawn style of the story cinematics makes you want to keep playing just to see the art. At $21.99 CAD, I would suggest this for strategy lovers but would wait for a sale for the average gamer.
Non-RPG General NewsSP/MP: Unknown
Release: In development
Forged of Blood - About the Fog of War
Creative Director Igor explains the fog of war mechanics in Forged of Blood:
Fog of War. What is it good for?
I’ve been super lax with these updates – the schedule is getting tighter and the pressure is definitely on to get Forged of Blood over the last few months here. However, we do have a cool new update to share so here we go:
Over the last couple years, we’ve had some hazy discussions internally over the implementation of a Fog of War system in Forged of Blood. Should we? Would we? Could we? It was one of those things that we unanimously agreed that we “would” with the “should” and “could” of all up in the air until we’ve developed the rest of our mechanics.
Early on in the development process, we had designed the basic tactical mechanics around the idea of being able to survey the battlefield and the enemies in it right away (this goes back to the “meaningful choice” design pillar we chose). Over innumerable playtests in the last couple years, the tactical game loop had largely revolved around two steps:
- Scrolling around the map to find the enemy spawn.
- Reacting and moving units accordingly.
Forged of BloodSP/MP: Single-player
Genre: Tactical RPG
Release: In development
Mount & Blade IISP/MP: Single + MP
Release: In development
Pillars of Eternity II - Backer Beta Live
Greetings, everyone. In this latest update, we are very happy to announce that the Backer Beta is now live! If you pledged at a tier that included the Backer Beta, or purchased it as an add-on during the Fig campaign, you can get your key for either Steam or GOG in the Products Page of your Account Profile. Then head on over to our forums for instructions on how to get the beta set up. We know you're excited to play, so go ahead and get to it! It's okay. We'll continue on when you're installing the Backer Beta.Installing? Great!Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Producer Katrina Garsten, sat down with Design Director Josh Sawyer, to ask him about the Backer Beta and what players can expect, so let's check out what they have for us!loading...Excited about the Backer Beta? So are we! We're looking forward to getting all of your feedback to help make Deadfire the premier RPG. If you didn't get the Backer Beta during the campaign, you are still able to add it to your existing pledge now!But Wait, There's More!Today also marks the release of Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition. This complete collection of Pillars of Eternity comes with everything from the Royal Edition as well as both of the White March expansions. Not only that, but we're also releasing a new free DLC for Pillars of Eternity called the "Deadfire Pack" that will get you some new Deadfire inspired items! You can get the Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition now on Steam or GOG.[...]
BattleTech - Campaign is a Dark Age
RockPaperShotgun wrote an interesting article on what to expect from Battletechs campaign mode.
It’s odd to think of Mickey Mouse while ordering a giant robot to rip another robot’s arms off, but in the words of its creator Jordan Weisman, Battletech is kind of like Walt Disney’s Tomorrowland. Opened in 1955, the park was an homage to the march of science that inevitably struggled to keep up. Its present-day incarnations are a bizarre mishmash of the vintage, the cutting edge and the merely obsolete, Flash Gordon-brand retro colliding with touchscreens and VR. Similarly, Battletech is a vision of human history up to the 31st century that began life as a table-top strategy game in 1984, made up of once-outlandish concepts such as artificial muscles that now seem positively quaint.
The series wears its age more gracefully than Tomorrowland, however, because its campaign is as much about obsolescence and forgetfulness as the far future – a re-imagining of the fall of the Roman Empire and ensuing “dark age” that rebuts the concept of history as a steady, linear advance. It’s a solid footing for a strategy sim in the vein of Total War, comparable to Warhammer 40K’s Imperium but less, well, preposterous, though I still think the turn-based battle system Adam sampled in June is Battletech’s strongest asset.
Stardew Valley - More Singleplayer
Eurogamer reports that Stardew Valley will get more single player content.
The game has a big multiplayer update on the horizon which will add co-operative play within the same town. But, beyond that? Sadly, it felt like Barone was finally finished tinkering with his masterpiece.
Well, that's no longer the case. In a post to Twitter last night, Barone revealed he was once more back working on single-player Stardew stuff, and teased what it might be:
I'm working on some new Stardew Valley content, to be released with the upcoming free multiplayer update. This will affect single-player, too! I'll share more when the release gets closer. Though I'll keep some things secret (more fun) pic.twitter.com/rgWCt8IIRi— ConcernedApe (@ConcernedApe) November 14, 2017
Stardew ValleySP/MP: Single-player
RPGWatch Feature - Monster's Den: Godfall Review
In 2015 Monster's Den: Godfall was Kickstarted by 761 people. Now the results of the labor of a single man is available and Forgottenlor crawled through its dungeons to see how good a dungeon crawler it is and surfaced again with some reservations.
Excellent combat, varied loot, and interesting character building are essential parts of a successful dungeon crawler. But those factors alone don't make a great dungeon crawler. The dungeon itself is an important part of the equation. Great dungeon crawlers take players to mysterious and unusual places, where its never clear what is around the next corner. They also offer the player a break now and again from combat. Whether its clever puzzles, enviormental hazards, scrolls full of lore, strange fountains to drink from, a story of sorts (though this is never central to a dungeon crawler), or varied locations, it is essential that a dungeon crawler mixes things up to keep combat from becoming too repetitive. Monster's Den: Godfall is an impressive one man project. Its also a fairly low priced indie dungeon crawler, and while it does many things well, in the end it forgets the “dungeon” in “dungeon crawler.”
Monster's Den: GodfallSP/MP: Single-player
Hero-U - Gameplay Trailer
Hero-U now has a gameplay trailer.
Game play examples from the upcoming Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Designed by Lori Ann Cole and Corey Cole, creators of Quest for Glory, Castle of Dr. Brain, and Shannara. The Hero-U games continue their tradition of combining role-playing and adventure game techniques to bring players into immersive interactive stories.
Music for the game and trailer was composed and performed by the award-winning Australian composer Ryan Grogan. Video created and edited from in-game footage by Al Eufrasio.
Currently in Alpha Testing as of November 2017, the expected release date is February or March 2018.
Release: In development
Tuesday - November 14, 2017
Witcher 3 - Particle Effects Mod
Modder ‘MrMan01’ has released a new mod that improves the particles effects system of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This mod is based on another mod that was created to make the firestream form of Igni influenced by the wind. Impressed by it, MrMan01 decided to create a new one that would overhaul the game’s particles system.
The Witcher 3’s Improved Particles System mod allows numerous particles to be affected by the wind. For example, fog, dust, sparks, smoke, blood and explosions are now influenced by the wind. In addition, this mod makes all effects look “flashier” by increasing their particle count. As such, Igni, Aard, Quen and Yrden look more powerful than before. Furthermore, this mod also increases the particle count of other effects such as blood, snow, smoke, explosions and PhysX APEX destruction.
Pillars of Eternity II - Gameplay Trailer
DSOGaming reports that Pillars of Eternity II has a new gameplay trailer
Obsidian has released a new trailer for Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, showcasing some new gameplay footage from its early build. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire promises to improve upon the rich narrative, beautiful environments, and intricate, tactical combat that made the original a fan and critical sensation.
Raven's Cry - Update 1.10 released
Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry got a major update and is on a weeklong sale right now:
Update V1.10 released!
Version 1.10 Release notes:
- optimization and correction of cutscenes
- optimization of multi CPU support
- Audio fixes and dialogue corrections
- Audio enhancements and additions across the islands
- Multiple fixes in accordance with playthrough reports
- Multiple main and side quest corrections and expansions:
- Sully's books added to his "death hut".
- Shaka's reactions enhanced during Sully's demise.
- The Maroons' hiding spots moved for better concealment.
- The cave battle of the Maroons versus the soldiers expanded.
- Extra loot in the docks near the clerk in St. John
- While assassinating the clerk, you can choose to kill a random colonist accidentally (or on purpose).
- More characters populate Avery's port (you can also interact with some)
- Small addons to Avery's colony (captive and domesticated animals, guards, servants, etc.)
- Ray's and the Colonist's paths in the Patriarch assassination missions optimized.
- Corrections in scripting for the Avery's and Arko sidequests.
- Corrections in the Patriarch ship hunt sea battle mission.
- Expansions and additional plot and gameplay added in Avery's storyline: additional assassination missions, hunt for buccaneers, and more.
- Spoiler: Ray (as your ally) will actively help you out in fights when completing Avery's missions (e.g. during the infiltration of Buccaneer Island)
- Ray's attacks include melee / armed combat and tossing explosives
- Spoiler: additional ways of eliminating the clerk in the port assassination mission for Avery
- Interactions with Ray expanded, with new extended gameplay sections, fights and dialogues
- Avery's port office overhauled and expanded
- Avery's plantation and mansion overhauled and expanded
- More characters and interactions in Avery's plantation
- Overhaul and expansion of Avery's port
- Musician to steal money from added in Avery's port
- Hayes, his Hunting Stall, and his sidequest line added to Avery's port (quest opens after the Maroons' line, when Tutuola goes missing)
- Arko's line expanded with the tasks of recovering his relics (sound-orientated mission), and tracking down and defeating Modok the evil shaman
- Tutuola's voodoo houngan cave added as a new location (with extra loot and interactions)
- Tutuola's storyline expanded, with extra missions and a new conclusion added for the Maroons' houngan
- Extra rewards from Tutuola, including loot, experience, and Erzulie's portrait
- The hut and the killing fields of Ray's brother Sully added as a new location (with loot and extra items around)
- More tasks and encounters with the girls at the brothel
- Goat dressed up at the brothel (find out the details from Maria's sidequest)
- Spoiler: Ray's brother storyline expanded with a new conclusion (human sacrifice)
- Spoiler: moral choice expanded in Ray's brother storyline (possibility to spare the brother, or to deliver him to the Maroons to be sacrificed)
- Spoiler: moral choice expanded in Avery's island assassination / Patriarch sabotage mission (possibility to spare the wife, murder her, or let Ray kill her)
- Spoiler: gravesites and a shrine to Christopher's murdered parents added as a new location (XP for visiting)
- Spoiler: fight against Ray and hunting down Avery in his mansion expanded and lengthened
Additional interactions with the Maroons (extended spying/tracking down sequence, introductory fight, extended scenes)
- Additional enemies and fight encounters added (humans, e.g. Hayes the Hunter, and animals, e.g. the Giant Sabertooth cryptid)
- Fixes and multiple enhancements in the Ancient Temple trap labyrinth
- Fixes in console messages and logs.
- New sidequests and extra characters added (extra XP points for finding 'Crocodile Gena')
- Additional ship encounters
- Additional sea mission / treasure search
- Additional and expanded logs
- Multiple additions and expansions across all islands (new ruins, new sacrificial altar with extra loot, new cannibal rituals and sacrifices, and much more)
Raven's CrySP/MP: Single + MP
Outcast: Second Contact - Released
The open world action adventure Outcast: Second Contact has been released:
Outcast - Second Contact released!
We're happy to announce that Outcast is now available!
Until the 29th November you can benefit from a 15% early bird discount if you buy the game via Steam.
In addition if you already own Outcast 1.1 via Steam you can benefit from an additional 30% discount if you buy the game via Steam before 14th December (This discount is set to activate today at 8am PDT / 6pm CET)
To celebrate the release, we also have the brand new lauch trailer for you, to get you in the mood.loading...
The Ulukai is back! Outcast - Second Contact is now available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One! Set off on a wondrous journey and discover the marvellous planet Adelpha, but don't forget, this trip is for...
We hope you're going to enjoy the return to Adelpha as much as us!
We will be here for all your feedback and please don't hesitate to let us know if you're having any issues playing the game!
May the Yods be silent!
Outcast: Second ContactSP/MP: Single-player
Dead Cells - The Brutal Update
The 'Brutal Update' has arrived for Dead Cells which sees its debut on GOGs in-development program at a 25% discount until November 20th.
Ghost in the cell.
Dead Cells is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% discount until November 20, 2PM UTC.Roguelite? Metroidvania? This is RogueVania: progressive exploration, replayability, and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath; but it's YOUR own ability that matters the most!Freeze, zap, pierce or fireball your enemies as you expertly swerve around them to reach the next impossible boss.Akin to its protagonist, the game is constantly evolving and has just received its biggest update yet, exclusive to GOG for the next 24 hours.Make sure to grab its atmospheric Soundtrack separately.Note: This game is currently in development. See the FAQ to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.loading...
Dead CellsSP/MP: Single-player
Genre: Metroidvania RPG
Release: In development
Pillars of Eternity II - GOG & Steam Pages up
Reigniting that old flame.
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.The sequel to Obsidian's seminal RPG, which brought back all the immersion and attention to detail we remember from the genre's classics, is finally around the corner. Introducing naval battle mechanics, a new vast open world, a relationship system that now also affects interactions between your companions, and an epic story involving the re-emergence of an old god, it's shaping up to be the one RPG you'll be replaying for all eternity.
Monday - November 13, 2017
The Iron Oath - November Update
The latest update for The Iron Lore explains animation changes and other stuff.
Hey, Chris here. I have been tackling a lot of small tasks since the Kickstarter, focusing on polishing things that got left to the wayside in the wake of getting the Kickstarter up and running. Much of that dealing with the flow of combat and bugs. The biggest task I delved into was the start of implementing the logic that governs how the world plays out as time advances forward. I prototyped how the different Houses in game will have children, choose heirs, vie for the throne, manage their resources, etc. There is still much work left to do on that front but it is coming along nicely.
As Nik mentioned, the focus now is getting a build ready (primarily combat focused) for Otronicon in January. Otronicon isn't really a purely gaming focused event but it's a local show I wanted to participate in along with the rest of the indie game scene in Orlando, FL. We have a couple phases of builds we're working towards with each one getting us closer to our beta build that will be sent to backers late next year.
Some other tasks I worked on included:
- implementing keys for locked doors/chests
- updated internal tools for creating dynamic events and dialogue
- updated character abilities to be more inline with their designs
- tweaking general pace of combat (an ongoing process)
- worked on equipping gear and looting from chests
- added consumable items (e.g. health potions)
- implemented stores to purchase items from various vendors
- skinned/implemented some pre-mission UI screen
- various bug fixing
The Iron OathSP/MP: Single-player
Genre: Tactical RPG
Release: In development
Kenshi - Worldbuilding
Kenshi dialog writer Natalie Mikkelson explains how to build a sandbox gameworld:
Worldbuilding With NPC Dialogue: A Beginner's Guide
Three years ago, I became Lo-Fi Games’ dialogue writer for our huge 355 square mile open world RPG, Kenshi. Being a sandbox, there exists no linear narrative to tell Kenshi’s story, which poses a problem: how do you breathe life into a world that has no preset path to take the player’s hand through it? Without narration or cutscene visuals, we’re left with little context for the world and it’s dialogue. Contextless writing in videogames is a subject I’ve found rarely discussed, but fortunately I learned a few things along the way of Kenshi’s development from good old research and simple trial and error... and this guide is the result. So, whether you’re writing for a sandbox or any other role playing game in need of dialogue, I hope this guide helps add energy and meaning to your setting.
Release: In development
Enderal - Patch 22.214.171.124 is out
The Enderal patch 126.96.36.199 has been released:
- The in-game Paper Worldmap is now included! Many thanks to duncanlarsen1 and urst! If you have questions or problems regarding the map, make sure to check out this post in our forum.
- Delayed the levelup menu pop-up until combat is finished.
- "Elfriede" (NQ10): Eshra does no longer walk away while talking to the player after setting Elfriede free.
- "The Sole Place" (NQ11): Fixed a dialogue duplicate.
- "Divide and Conquer" (NQ12): Fixed typos, vocals and topics.
- "Trails of the Past" (NQ19): The note now works as intended: It doesn't start the quest a second time if the player has already talked to Tiwon about the quest and starts the quests properly if you read about the quest the first time.
- "Put Off the Evil Hour" (NQ21): An objective will be displayed properly after talking with Kabar about the Rhalâta.
- "Like Newly Born" (NQ22): Added an objective so that the player knows what to do after finding all pages of the journal, however it doesn't point to the Apothekari.
- "Hidden in the Puzzle" (NQ40): Objectives will work as intended.
- "It Starts with the Dreams" (MQP03): The helpmessage of the puzzle won't be displayed after inserting the key.
- "The First Steps" (MQ03): Fixed an issue where the player would have a broken arrow after reequipping a bow.
- "The Word of the Dead" (MQ07a): Fixed an issue in which Jespar wouldn't be present at the Myrad Tower at the Western Cliff.
- "Deus Ex Machina" (MQ07b): Fixed an issue in which Lishari wouldn't show up after entering Old Dothûlgrad.
- "All the Dead Souls" (MQ11b): Fixed a rare case of Jespar not being disabled in the first scene in the Dancing Nomad and therefore causing confusion.
- "A Song in the Silence" (MQ11c): The stealth minigame in Dal'Geyss house does not reset multiple times when the player is caught by multiple guards at the same time.
- "A Song in the Silence" (MQ11c): The butterfly minigame now works as intended and the objectives won't be displayed multiple times.
- "A Song in the Silence" (MQ11c): Removed misleading objective at the end of the quest.
- "Black Light, Part II" (MQ12b): The game does no longer request multiple autosaves upon entering the gate house. This might prevent a crash.
- Moved the bucket away from the secure chest at the Marketplace of Ark, so the player won't accidentally pick it up. This only works for new saves.
- Fixed passage to the blind miner.
- Fixed three worldspace offsets.
- Fixed various leaks in the Heartlands and in the Old Watermill.
- Fixed various floats in the Stranger Area of Ark, at the Suncoast, in the Heartlands, in the Goldenforst and in the Botanicum of the Star City.
- Fixed an unmineable ore vein.
- Fixed navmesh at the Suncoast and in the Heartlands.
- Fixed more issues with the affinty not properly unlocking.
- The perk "Skaragg Stance" now works as intended. Thanks to reltilie / Ixion XVII!
- Pieces left behind by an exploding "Starling dummy" will be visible in the inventory upon picking them up.
- "Fine leather gauntlets" have now the proper model in first person.
- "Veil of the Ashwarrior" does not clip anymore.
- Added the Silver Sword and Silver Greatsword blueprints back in.
- Fixed lots of keywords on armors and weapons. Thanks to gavrant!
- Fixed object bounds on all books.
- Adjusted various book models.
- The books "Account of an unknown traveller, Volume I" and "The life of Torgan Whispertongue, Volume II" no lomger teach pickpocket for no apparent reason.
- Adjusted keywords and types on multiple books/notes.
- Fixed multiple persistence and location errors.
- Removed tree nodes in AVBlock.
- Removed unused things (worldspaces, items etc).
- Cleaned up original Skyrim locations.
- Extended RemoveAllItemsSafeVersion.
- Merrol Booksnopper is now always in the Museum.
- Elumund Nobleyarn sells stuff again.
- Prince Mith's groupies won't worship him after the siege.
- Prisoner at the Sawmill attacks properly upon entering combat.
- All houses in Silvergrove are owned.
- Iron Ingot takes now two iron ores to make.
- Light Iron Shields require iron instead of steel ingots in terms of crafting and tempering.
- Starling armor and weapons can only be crafted with 35 points in handicraft.
- Unified the weight of all books to 1 and of all notes to 0.
- Torches will burn 15 minutes (they were bugged before).
- Various items won't respawn after robbing the safes of the bank.
- "Dragonfruit" renamed to "Vatyr's Tongue".
- Various typos fixed.
- Fireplace in the Frostcliff Tavern is quieter.
- Fixed book and note Pick Up and Put Down sounds.
- Fixed sound errors, for example sound output model, broken music types and such
- Improved the write protection removement.
Beamdog - Next Level Doco
@Gamebanshee Next Level profiled Beamdog saying they have the potential to be Bioware 2.0.
Beamdog was started in 2009 by former Bioware employees, including an original founder. They adapted games to mobile platforms and some say Beamdog even has the makings of a BioWare 2.0.
Let's explore why that might be.
TELUS STORYHIVE supports compelling, original stories told by filmmakers from BC and Alberta by providing production funding, training and exposure to new audiences.
Find out more - http://www.storyhive.com/
Connect with us: STORYHIVE Twitter -https://twitter.com/storyhive
STORYHIVE Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/storyhive
STORYHIVE Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/storyhive/
Witcher 3 - Witcher Prologue Remastered
Modder ‘Eero’ has informed us about this new mod for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. As its title suggests, this mod recreates the intro from the first The Witcher game in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It looks pretty cool and PC gamers can go ahead, download, and play this recreation right now.
As Eero noted, all scenes were made entirely by using the w2scene encoder and the Storyboard UI. Naturally, there was some extra editing by hand for every single scene. Additionally, some scenes required mod editor editing.
Spire of Sorcery - Coming to early access 2018
Spire of Sorcery is described as an original mix of strategy and RPG. It is being designed by Alexey Bokulev who authored turn-based strategy Eador. Genesis and digital board game Gremlins, Inc. The game is due to release on Steam early access 2018.
About This Game
In this original mix of strategy and RPG designed by Alexey Bokulev (author of turn-based strategy Eador. Genesis and digital board game Gremlins, Inc.), you will:
- expand and upgrade your magic spire, balancing the needs to research, craft and defend;
- choose and teach your disciples, discovering their personal traits and collaboration capacities when matched in parties and sent on quests;
- explore the vast open world stretching from the Empire to the Distorted Lands, seeking new knowledge, resources and sources of power - as well as establishing relations with the locals.
But above all else, you will try to survive: the troops of the Inquisition are roaming the land, hunting for runaway mages; and dwellers of the lawless wild, human and not, are on the lookout for easy prey.
Yet your most powerful enemy is neither of those. It is the time itself - the approaching death from old age. Only one thing can save you: the elixir of youth. Several ancient manuscripts mention it in passing... There must be a way to learn the formula. There must be a way to obtain the ingredients... Before it's too late.
General NewsSP/MP: Unknown
Release: In development
Sunday - November 12, 2017
Starpoint Gemini Warlords - Patch 1.500 is live
Patch 1.500 for Starpoint Gemini Warlords is live and the whole Starpoint Gemini franchise is on a deal:
Update time! The 1.500 patch is live!
We do listen and we do care! We have been quite busy during the past few weeks with fixes and updates for Starpoint Gemini Warlords, and the result is the newest game update which brings the following content:
- Polish language is now supported
- Memory optimization
- Manual Tactical overlay is now added
- Scripting fixes for Ancient Ruins side mission chain
- Some people couldn't progress past the tutorial(mission 6) this should be fixed now
- Installation defence freelance mission fixes
- Campaign specific-case related fixes
- Various other scripting fixes
- Records panel cursor hover over text is now fixed
- Razer Chroma engine is completely redone and now brings more colors, and brings additional effect while Starchart is opened
- Game Launcher initialization has been reworked to prevent crashing on some computers
- Numerious localization fixes
As usual, if you notice any issues with the game, problems with the stability and crashing, please follow these steps:
Check if anyone has posted a similar problem in the Bugs & Technical Support section of the forum
If you're unable to identify your problem on the forum, send us an email at customersupport at starpointgemini dot com
Starpoint Gemini franchise on a Weeklong Deal!
If you're craving for some space freelancing, exploring, trading, swashbuckling, building or conquering, we have great news for you.
Starting November 6th, to November 13th, the whole Starpoint Gemini franchise is on a massive Steam Weeklong Deal, during which you can grab all the titles on huge discounts!
Starpoint Gemini WarlordsSP/MP: Single + MP
SP: The Fractured but Whole - Review
Mancunion has reviewed South Park: The Fractured But Whole:
Review: South Park: The Fractured But Whole
A love letter to South Park fans that doesn’t disappoint
Having played the first South Park game, The Stick of Truth, sporadically over summer 2014, I had high expectations for the sequel. As an avid South Park fan, I tried to be as objective as possible, but believe me: it was no easy task, as this is truly a game built for the fans.
The premise of the sequel is essentially a spoof of modern superhero movie franchises. A key difference from the off is how this game embeds itself into an already established narrative within the show; the equally inappropriately titled ‘Coon and Friends’ plot, which has been the focus for a number of episodes already.
Regardless, these issues are not so problematic that it takes away from the game as a whole; it is a genuinely memorable game — if not simply because of how ridiculously funny it is. With multiplayer existing almost as a must-have in many games these days, it’s good to see a game still delivering on a detailed single-player experience, and one that is so different to anything else you’ll find right now. With enough run-time and replay value, it certainly warrants the purchase.
SP: The Fractured but WholeSP/MP: Single-player
Hand of Fate 2 - Review @ PushSquare
PushSquare has reviewed Hand of Fate 2:
Review: Hand of Fate 2 (PS4)
A mysterious dealer sits in a rickety wagon, casting your fate across the table in an ominous game of cards. He offers cryptic insight into the game itself while dictating your destiny as if it were preordained.
This is the basic premise of Hand Of Fate, Defiant Development’s brawler cum tabletop RPG. The dealer presents your hero's journey as a cosmic sequence of chance; familiar fantasy tropes, dice rolls, branching decisions, and random encounters litter your quest through series of increasingly fiendish levels. An ornate map in the corner of wagon contains 22 challenges, each of which forms a level of multi-tiered card mazes to traverse.
Your fate is decided by a scattering of cards across a table; dice rolls mean death or fortune and your next step could warp you to an insurmountable brawl. Hand Of Fate’s mix of strategic planning, random chance, and meaty combat is both rewarding and addictive. Fighting lacks complexity and doesn't quite stand up to the eventual repetition, but this game within a game is still well worth your time overall.
Hand of Fate 2SP/MP: Single-player
Genre: Card-Based RPG
Cyberpunk 2077 - Online Elements confirmed
Techraptor reports that Cyberpunk 2077 will include some online elements:
Cyberpunk 2077 to Contain 'Online Elements'
CD Projekt Red’s CEO Adam Kiciński has mentioned that the next major game for the studio, the highly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077, will contain ‘online elements’ of some capacity.
In an interview with Polish investment site Strefa Inwestorow, Kiciński discussed all of the current projects from the studio, including the future of the Witcher franchise, the card game Gwent, and of course, Cyberpunk. Kiciński primarily discussed the future of the company, citing Gwent and Cyberpunk as the driving mechanisms going forward.
“We want to experiment in new fields that were not yet explored in the Witcher,” says Kiciński. “I can’t say much about Cyberpunk, although our ambitions are set really high because that is our style of work. We want to go even higher, and especially seeing how we’re having a business chat, we’re interested in Cyberpunk being commercially even more significant.”
Cyberpunk 2077SP/MP: Single + MP
Release: In development
Super Dungeon Master - Released
A free top-down version of the classic dungeon crawler Dungeon Master has been released on Steam:
Super Dungeon Master
You were not the chosen one.
No prophecy foresaw the unleashed chaos and many died.
You are a ghost, a lost soul wrought from your body.
And yet, the man who captured your soul saved your life too - as you too will soon save others.
Many years ago, the lands turned dark around Mount Anaias as a maestrom of chaos was summoned there; towns were destroyed, cities were besieged and chaos ruled the land.
Many were called to defeat this terrible evil as an enraged beast-army rampaged the lands. Champions arrived with powerful weapons, magickal artefacts, chosen prophets, powerful charms, big axes, tiny time prisms, a dragon companion, even working close enough to Lord Chaos so as to betray them - they all failed.
For years after, there was nothing but desolation as the kingdom collapsed and the people and beasts disbanded into tribes.
You are Theron, student to the departed Grey Lord. At the time of the cataclysm, the Grey Lord protected your soul, even though he could not save your body. Only now has he been able to approach you and offer you the power to embark on an epic quest.
Granted with the power to raise four lost champions, your assembled team must find the fabled Firestaff deep inside the Dungeons of Mount Anaias to defeat Lord Chaos. On the way, you will learn as much of the Champions as you will of the Dungeon Master.
Seek balance. Bring the world back to life. Win.
Learn all the secrets to know all the answers...
- all 14 levels of the original 1987 classic dungeon-crawler
- many secret areas and hidden levels!
- incredible soundtrack from many contemporary game musicians
- all 24 original characters from the Dungeon Master game
- 7 additional brand new playable characters
- all new artwork, replicating the original game-world
- tutorial to showcase all features
- 9 extra quests to discover atop Oracle Mountain!
- detailed world-map illustrating origin of champions
- original backstories to all original game characters
- discover the secret of Lord Chaos
- ...why did the beasts join Lord Chaos?
- ...why didn't Lord Chaos have the Firestaff?
- ...why is Gothmog so mysterious?
- ...and why is Tiggy so outrageous?
Beat it once in three hours,
become Dungeon Master in a week.
Super Dungeon MasterSP/MP: Single-player
Genre: Dungeon Crawler
Low Magic Age - Patch v085.12 released
v0.85.12 Patch Notes
- New item type - Potion. Added 12 kinds of potions:
- Heal Potion
- Remove Fear Potion
- Shield Of Faith Potion
- Mage Armor Potion
- Bull's Strength Potion
- Cat's Grace Potion
- Bear's Endurance Potion
- Fox's Cunning Potion
- Owl's Wisdom Potion
- Eagle's Splendor Potion
- Aid Potion
- Heroism Potion
- Added Heal Potion x2 to player party's starting assets
- Have a chance to obtain various potions after winning new challenges
- Have a chance to purchase various potions in Shop
- New standard action: Use Item
- Boots of Levitation functions correctly now (thanks orensatov)
- Treats all difficult terrains, including caused by spells or creatures, as normal terrains
- Immune to Web, Grease
- When Helpless, treat Str score as 0 in Combat Maneuver Defense formula (thanks tudou684)
- When Helpless or Grappled, doesn't provoke opportunity attacks by Irresistible Dance
- More serious conditions (Helpless, Paralyzed, Irresistible Dance, etc.) cancel Defending and Grappling (thanks tudou684)
- Removed incorrect Full Attack bonus for Irresistible Dance, Power Word Stun, Power Word Kill (thanks zyzy66)
- Adjusted temporary HP provided by Aid, False Life, Death Knell, Divine Power, and Greater Heroism
- Backup saves automatically before load and convert old version saves
- Optimized rewards UI
Low Magic AgeSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Saturday - November 11, 2017
Willy-Nilly Knight - Released
The tactical RPG Willy-Nilly Knight has been released - the first Steam reviews are very positive:
Do you ever dream of being a real hero from a fairy-tale about dragons, sorcerers and knights? If the answer is yes, then you're in luck. Because you are in a fairy-tale right now! Moreover, you are the Knight by yourself! You are fearless, you have sharp sword and your destiny awaits you. But… There is always a catch.
First of all, you don't know what's going on. Secondly, local Gods have a plan for you. They want you to be their living weapon. To be someone who shall carry their will upon this world. Yes, it's unfair. It's absolutely, completely unfair.
So this is where your journey begins. In Willy-Nilly Knight you have to be a knight in the middle of strange and unpredictable events. If you want to find out the truth, then you should do your best in fighting and tactics. At least it's a tactical RPG.
What should you expect from Willy-Nilly Knight? It's a great story. It takes place in a wonderful world. You will meet many attractive NPCs and build friendships with them. You will master a unique tactical battle system and crafting. And it's just the tip of the iceberg. Really.
Exciting adventure of the true hero:
You will be a vital part of the great adventure and witness many different things. Do you want an example? What about confrontation with Gods? Or do you want to be a part of English folklore? Anyway, this journey will last more than 20 hours of gameplay so there will be plenty of events for sure.
It's real-time and turn-based all in one:
You could discover points of interest in this world in real time. But then it's time to fight game switches in turn-based mode. So you could keep your pace and plan your action carefully. Your action points is your only restriction there.
Surprises and references:
There are so many surprises and references... Could you catch 'em all?
Friends Will Be Friends:
In this journey you will meet many different characters. Some of them will be your enemies, but you could find friends too. Even a true love! All your companions will have unique skill-set so it's your right to choose with whom you want to be on one side.
There are so many useful things in Willy-Nilly Knight… Armours, helms, boots, gloves, weapons, scrolls, potions. You could buy it. You could loot it. You could craft it! Take your chance to let your imagination run wild!
Willy-Nilly KnightSP/MP: Single-player
Genre: Tactical RPG