FFXIV worth playing?

soul0reaper

Watcher
The reviews for this game are horrible but I still want it :S. Can anyone who has the game tell me how it is?

I don't have it, but everything I've seen via other websites suggest that holding off a few months is a good idea.

I'd never really recommend jumping into an MMO this soon after release, to be honest.

I don't have it, but everything I've seen via other websites suggest that holding off a few months is a good idea.

I'd never really recommend jumping into an MMO this soon after release, to be honest.
I don't feel like how early I join in matters, any game should be playable and fun without constant patches :p. That being said everything I've read points to waiting too. What I'm asking is how fun is it now :p

short answer: No
long answer: hell no
very long answer: Ok, for real. I love playing MMOs when they're new, in fact, it's the only way I play MMOs, from the beginning, so that is not the problem with FFXIV. The problem is that it's really a step backwards in usability. The main problem is that the interface was primarily designed for the PS3, not the PC. Things just don't work the way you expect them to. Hell, you can't even type a message longer than 40 characters or so, because it'd look bad in a standard definition TV. This is the type of design decisions that tells you the PC is not the platform for this game.
Totally not recommended. Now or in 3 months.

Last edited:
Spoony's review of their Pax demo was funny. Reviews for this game are really pointing to extreme horribleness. So yeah, wait a few months - for a better MMO to come out.

Back
Top Bottom