Drakensang:RoT Drakensang ToT and Phileasson's Secret

zahratustra

SasqWatch
Errr topic should read: Drakensang RoT and PS. Sorry

I am confused… "Phileasson's Secret" was an add on to "River of Time" BUT predates RoT's events of by some weeks. Soooo could PS be played before RoT or should be played afterwards?

Last edited:
That its plot would take place before "The River Of Time" is new to me.
And no, I don't think that it would be good to play it at first - simply because of the difficulty level.

Thanks Alrik! Appreciated!
I have asked because I have read this on Steam:

"Ending some weeks before the events of 'River of Time', the "Phileasson Campaign" enjoys a similar setting and atmosphere, creating a great opportunity for expanding the adventures of the famous Thorwaler Phileasson.

"The River of Time" has already introduced the river itself, dubious pirates and many secrets which can be connected to the "Phileasson Campaign", making this 'Add-On' very authentic and a natural continuation of the unique world of Aventuria."

"Ending some weeks before the events" and "authentic and a natural continuation" didn't sound consistent to me…

The only thing - to my shame I STILL haven't got the Add-On ! - that makes sense to me is that the *ending* in fact takes place weeks BEFORE The River Of Time - because the place where THIS ending of the Add-On takes place is a very special place … And you travel there via a special way, I suppose …

LOL ok, with "River of Time" I suppose all sorts of time tricks are possible. Thanks again!

;)

Here in Germany, "the river of time" is almost a proverb.

Don't want to open another thread for just one question but does anybody know how ranger (sneak/archer) build works in RoT? I don't want to waste too much game time trying a build only to find out that it wasn't a good idea.

I'm always stubbornly insisting that there are no "builds" in Drakensang. "Builds" are something I see in Action-RPGs, and only there.

To be frank and honest, I really don't like th concept of "builds", since I believe that "building" distracts from playing a game just for fun.
Others might disagree, but this is m opinion. I don't play games for power-gaming or for optimizing, I play games solely for fun. And that's why I don't like the idea of "character building".

Of course, a character should actually be able to do a lot of things and especially be able to beat th main foes - but merely concentrating on the aspect of powerfulness in a game distracts from the fun for me. To me, role-playing games re thre for playing a role, not for "power-building".

And, of course, everyone defines "playing a role" very differently.

This is my opinion. Therefore, I'm biased. So take everything I write here with a grain of salt. ;)

Drakensang is rather "old school", and you can came through it with anything you like to. It is bit more friendly in this respect to the player than Drakensang 1.

However, I'm not 100 % sure I remember this correctly, but there was once a thred in the official forums opened up by someone who said that Drakensang 2 was far too easy and therefore no fun. I believe that he was playing it like an Acton-RPG, complete with "builds" and power-gaming, like he used to know it from … well, Action-RPGs. That's how I saw it.

So, if you want a challenge, then invest points into oher areas as well. Especially into social interaction, that pays really off (except for etiquette, which is seldom used within the game - I remember only 1 case outside of the last main location).

What you should put as many points as possible into, is the … I think it's "willpower" in English. It's a skill or talent which keeps you from getting wounds.

You'll need that for fighting against big crabs much later (against which fire helps, too).

Do a right-click on every item in the character screen you want to know about.

And don't forget to put a few points into the main stats as well !

Don't want to open another thread for just one question but does anybody know how ranger (sneak/archer) build works in RoT?

You can pretty much forget about "sneak" since this is a party-based game so when the game rolls checks on whether an NPC notices you (your party) your sneaky build will do you no good if you have non-sneakers in your party ;) .
OK, you don't have to travel with companions and you could go some places solo and sneaky but the game just isn't designed around that. Sneaking is almost completely useless in RoT. Without spoiling anything and off the top of my head there is only one instance I can think of where sneaking could be useful (but still far from mandatory).

As for archer there isn't much to it, really. Just pick the ranged class that you like best from the character selection screen and level up the bow or x-bow skill... plus the other Ranger related skills if you wish. Oh, and buy the special abilities from the trainer NPCs whenever they are available (availability will depend on your level, your stats and the NPC). That's it. Easy as pie.

You really don't need to waste any time on thinking up a build in this game. Just use common sense and your intuition as you play. Thanks to the adventure point system where you gain points for every solved quest and for defeating enemies, you can make adjustments to your characters "on the fly" so if and when you notice that you are lacking in a certain area, you can always make amends as you go.

Whenever in doubt use right-click a lot to bring up the context menu help. It will reveal a lot about the usefulness of skills and which skills and stats depend on each other etc.

But most of all like Alrik said: Have fun... this is a great game! :)

Thanks guys and just to clarify: when I have said "build" I meant "class" really. I am not into builds myself (except MMOs). I just didn't want to pick something which is over or under powered.

Well, since everyone can lern everything, "classes" are not really that important. Think of them rather as "Archetypes", that's the term TDE uses.

Plus, you can decide to distribute the points as you wish even in the character creation screen.

You get more than enough points within the game. Really. The only *really* important thing is the talent which helps against becoming wounded.

And, yes, learning from the trainers, of course.

Back
Top Bottom