PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new (modded) Morrowind play-through

Deleted User
September 3rd, 2013, 20:56
Hello all. Just wanted to promote my new Youtube channel a little bit. It's a gaming channel for play-throughs of various RPGs and I'm kicking it off with a new Morrowind play-through. I'm using MGSO 3.0 and a ton of other mods, so if you want to kill some time then come on over and check it out! This is my first time commentating in a Youtube video so don't rip me to shreds :). I want to get better, though, so if you have any constructive criticism feel free to share! Thanks for reading and happy gaming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV06BZTNrQE

Edit - Video was removed. Here is the new first episode! http://youtu.be/CwcXWd4ZP2w

JDR13
September 3rd, 2013, 22:03
I'm envious that you have the time this. I've been dying to replay Morrowind for a long time.

It looks great, but why are you playing in 1024x768 resolution?

Deleted User
September 3rd, 2013, 22:12
I'm playing in 1920 x 1080 with all the bells and whistles. Those settings in the menus are actually overridden by a program called MGEgui.exe. It's basically a program that lets you set all your graphical settings and what not.

Thanks for checking it out! It's been a ton of fun and I barely started.

JDR13
September 4th, 2013, 09:34
Are you running the Steam version? Just curious how easy MGSO 3.0 was to get installed.

greywolf00
September 4th, 2013, 09:49
I found MGSO 3.0 to be a very easy install on Steam. Worked just as I would have expected on a normal install.

Thrasher
September 4th, 2013, 10:15
Nice videos, Fluent! I had forgotten the massive looting. Looks great, too!

Maylander
September 4th, 2013, 14:18
I tried to do a replay a while ago after playing through Skyrim + Gothic 1 and 2. I just couldn't. It was just such a massive step down in terms of gameplay compared to Skyrim. I was actually surprised by the size of the gap between the two.

Anyway, good luck with the channel and the replay, looks like you're having fun.

Deleted User
September 4th, 2013, 19:40
Oh, I'm having a blast, really. It's fun to have an audience while gaming (or at least for now, a perceived audience :) ).

I love the gameplay in Morrowind. Skyrim is great, too, but there's something about Morrowind that makes it a lovely, relaxing experience. I also use combat mods and what not to make the game a little more modern. But still, it's very fun, even if it is an older game now.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who took a minute and checked out the videos! Very much appreciated. More will be coming soon and hopefully this will be quite an extensive play-through, so feel free to subscribe to see them all...

Thrasher
September 4th, 2013, 20:14
Can you find out which mods you are playing with? I am intrigued!

Deleted User
September 4th, 2013, 22:48
Sure! I'm going to make a video showing all the mods as soon as I figure out how to capture desktop video.

Thrasher
September 4th, 2013, 23:03
cool!

Deleted User
September 5th, 2013, 00:51
Just uploaded a video to my channel showing all the mods I'm currently playing with. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions of mods I should check out. Thanks!

Thrasher
September 5th, 2013, 01:35
Thanks, will check it out. :)

Deleted User
September 5th, 2013, 20:37
You guys should all subscribe to my channel. I'm going to be uploading a full playthrough so you'll see a ton of modded Morrowind. I also hope to provide some decent commentary along the way.

Here's a video I just uploaded today. It's part 7 of the series. Just showing off a bit of the Bitter Coast region, which looks gorgeous in HD. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsa2v3Ucw9Q

Deleted User
September 6th, 2013, 02:43
Here's a very short video I just shot to show off a little of the "Distant Land" feature in MGSO 3.0. A beautiful panoramic view! And enhanced rain!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7iD0y6Wf8c&feature=youtu.be

JDR13
September 6th, 2013, 06:55
Looks good. What are your system specs btw?

I don't know about that mod that requires you to drink water and catch your breath, etc., though. Seems like that would just get annoying after awhile.

Deleted User
September 6th, 2013, 16:20
Thanks for checking it out!

I like the Necessities mod just for the added realism, I guess. I may disable it if it becomes too annoying, though. I did recently double the day duration so I don't have to eat, drink and sleep as often now. That helps a lot.

System specs are:

Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
256 GB Samsung SSD
750 GB HD
AMD Radeon 7970m GPU (overclocked to 925/1400)
Blu-ray Drive

It's an Alienware M17X R4 laptop.

And I'm using a Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse to play with.

Deleted User
September 6th, 2013, 20:39
Here's a short video showing Oblivion with modded HD textures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDLK6q3hioo

Deleted User
September 8th, 2013, 22:39
Here's a pretty funny video where I die a lot trying to kill the ever challenging "mating Kagouti".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ariUCa-FY

Don't mess with those Kagoutis when they're mating...

Thrasher
September 8th, 2013, 23:58
That's a tough encounter for a level 1 Mage.

Deleted User
September 9th, 2013, 00:30
Indeed. But I somehow made it work.

I kill an even nastier enemy in a video after that. A Hunger. Thought I would get crushed but he was actually easier than the Kagouti. Go figure.

JDR13
September 9th, 2013, 08:48
Weird... I played Morrowind for a good 200 hours or so back in the day, but I don't remember ever encountering a "mating" Kagouti.

I've yet to try MGSO 3.0. I remember version 2.0 ran very choppy for me in Win 7 64bit for some reason. It ran fine though in Win XP on the same system.

Gloo
September 9th, 2013, 11:30
I just watched the first episode and liked it so I subscribed :)
Hope you'll go through, all the way to the end of the game and wish good luck for that. Just one thing to criticize though : you should correct your video options for the images are overexposed and everything's white washed, that's annoying and the whole gameplay is biased.

Deleted User
September 9th, 2013, 15:28
Gloo, are you saying my gamma is too high? Funny, because if I record at normal gamma settings in-game, the videos come out dark. I will turn the gamma down some and see if that helps you. Maybe your brightness is set too high on your screen? Please let me know your thoughts because I want to get this sorted so the visuals and perfect, but so far it's been a struggle. On my end, the videos look great (for the most part, some spots have weird texture issues from the gamma being set so high).

Any other feedback regarding the brightness and look of the videos would be greatly appreciated, so feel free to criticize!

Thanks for subscribing! I will go through for a long time. Not sure if I'll reach the end but I'll try! Ciao!

Weird… I played Morrowind for a good 200 hours or so back in the day, but I don't remember ever encountering a "mating" Kagouti.

I've yet to try MGSO 3.0. I remember version 2.0 ran very choppy for me in Win 7 64bit for some reason. It ran fine though in Win XP on the same system.

I'm using Win 7 64-bit and MGSO 3.0 runs great. The only time it's choppy is if I'm encoding a video in the background, which happened in this playthrough. I didn't realize video encoding was such a CPU hog.

The mating Kagouti is a rare encounter. They are the only 2 mating Kagoutis in the game as far as I know. They are a little stronger than normal Kagoutis as well in order to simulate their aggressiveness while mating. This has been your Morrowind fun fact of the day...

Gloo
September 9th, 2013, 16:12
Gloo, are you saying my gamma is too high? (…) Maybe your brightness is set too high on your screen?Yes, that's right, gamma is awful (see the screen captures I provide below ; that's how it appears on my screen and as you can see, it's way too bright !). The gamma on my end is set to 1.0/1.2 so nothing abnormal I'd say.

Deleted User
September 9th, 2013, 16:31
Okay, thanks! I'll turn the gamma down from now on. After episode 25 or so it should be much better. Just ran a little test and it does look better. Sucks that I recorded over 3 hours of footage with too high of gamma but eh, live and learn I guess.

Gloo
September 9th, 2013, 17:02
Sucks that I recorded over 3 hours of footage with too high of gamma but eh, live and learn I guess.What seems amazing to me is that nobody complained about that before ! Too bad I stumbled upon your thread so late otherwise I'd have told you earlier ! I'll watch the other episodes with great pleasure anyway ;)

Deleted User
September 9th, 2013, 20:20
Awesome! Glad that the issue doesn't deter you from checking out the videos.

Gloo, can you please check this video and let me know if the colors and gamma look better? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNS1ETb3p0o . I think it's better but is it perfect yet is the question. Thanks!

Deleted User
September 9th, 2013, 21:55
I fixed it! Turns out there was some glitch with MSI Afterburner that made the videos too dark. Switched to Fraps and they are perfect! The gamma now matches exactly what I see on screen. First 27 episodes will be too bright, but from then on it will be perfect. Wish I could go back and fix those but that's what happens when you record live footage! Thanks again for the help, Gloo!

Deleted User
September 10th, 2013, 15:55
Due to complaints about the gamma from several people now, I have decided to restart my Morrowind playthrough.

Stay tuned for new Morrowind episodes (that aren't washed out!) coming soon!

JDR13
September 10th, 2013, 19:13
I wouldn't restart the playthrough just because of that. It's really not a big deal.

Deleted User
September 10th, 2013, 19:32
Thanks for the input, but several people complained so I thought I should do it. The whole point of this playthrough is to show the game off in the highest quality. I'm kind of a perfectionist as well :). But really, I don't want people watching my videos and then thinking the quality sucks so they don't want to watch anymore. I have to represent myself well ;).

Oh, and the audio was bad as well. I had a setting checked in my Sound Blaster control panel that made it echo and sound terrible. People complained about that, too. Lol.

Thrasher
September 10th, 2013, 20:23
Yeah I wouldn't restart either, but just fix the audio in future episodes. :)

Deleted User
September 10th, 2013, 21:18
Both audio and visuals have been fixed, so all future episodes will look and sound pretty good ;).

Just want to be as professional as possible. I mean, I'm not that professional, but whatever little things I can do to increase the quality overall I definitely want to do.

New episode 1 is uploading now. Check it out...

http://youtu.be/CwcXWd4ZP2w

ToddMcF2002
September 10th, 2013, 22:35
Cool thread Fluent. I was on a Morrowind binge last year and played the original plus both expansions. The overhaul is fantastic. The only shortcoming these days are the model animations. They should be replaced. The world and the lore in Morrowind amazes me. It makes up for everything!

Deleted User
September 11th, 2013, 01:11
Absolutely. You can get lost in the lore in Morrowind. I actually did get lost in it a few times during my last playthrough. Less Generic NPCs adds a crazy amount of dialog to the game and it's all interesting and lore expanding. If you follow my playthrough you'll eventually see lots of it.

Deleted User
September 11th, 2013, 21:26
Check out this amazing atmospheric shot of Balmora when I get off the silt strider. I love the fog!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=50Vckh_Lwh0#t=584

Menigal
September 11th, 2013, 22:16
Too many trees for my taste.

Deleted User
September 12th, 2013, 01:47
Really think so? I think it looks amazing! Trees and all.

That mod is actually called Balmora Trees. It's part of MGSO 3.0 and is an option to turn on/off. I never played with it on before because my computer at the time couldn't handle it (apparently, it takes a lot of resources for those trees to be there!). Now that I have a PC that can handle it, I turned it on to check it out. I think it adds a lot of life to Balmora, but I can see why others might not like it so much!

Thanks for watching!

ToddMcF2002
September 12th, 2013, 13:15
Looks great to me. Keep up the series!

Gloo
September 12th, 2013, 14:29
I'm kind of a perfectionist as well :).Well I didn't mean to incite a complete redo from the beginning but that's your choice and I must say I respect such a dedication ! Thanks for us watchers as both image and sound seem much better I must say. Keep it on good track !

Deleted User
September 12th, 2013, 23:22
Thanks, Gloo!

As I've said, I don't want to upload shoddy work to Youtube. If there's ever an issue with the quality of my work let me know and I'll do my best to address it.

Anywho, here's a new episode where I quest for a special ring and explore a bit of the Bitter Coast. Also checking out an ancestral tomb to see what they look like. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/-0iN3DyBWn8

Gloo
September 23rd, 2013, 19:39
Hi Fluent ! Your play through's going nicely, as I just watched episode 25 it seems you're up for a long Fedex quest with all the stuff that Ienas gave you :)

I was wondering about the mods you've added on top of the MGSO ? Can you post the list here, please ? You don't seem to use the F9 key to quick load your games, is there a specific reason for that ? Are you planning on putting screen shots on-line too ? Last question : you don't appear having taken the Fargoth's hidden place quest or did I missed it somehow ?

Deleted User
September 23rd, 2013, 21:26
Hi Fluent ! Your play through's going nicely, as I just watched episode 25 it seems you're up for a long Fedex quest with all the stuff that Ienas gave you :)

Yeah, pretty much! It was worth it, though. Got a few hundred gold pieces for that one :)

I was wondering about the mods you've added on top of the MGSO ? Can you post the list here, please ?

Here is a link to the video where I show off most of the mods I'm using. Not all, but most. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6YheHxgzdw

You don't seem to use the F9 key to quick load your games, is there a specific reason for that ?

F9 is my video recording button. I changed quick load to some other button but I don't remember which because I never used it!

Are you planning on putting screen shots on-line too ?

I haven't put any screenshots from my current play-through up yet, but I might. I do have some screens from an older play-through, you can find them on Imgur by going here > http://imgur.com/a/Ra4Ej

Last question : you don't appear having taken the Fargoth's hidden place quest or did I missed it somehow ?

Nope, didn't do that quest. Can't bring myself to steal from the little bugger :). But if I'm ever in need of some quick cash I know that quest is there!

Responses in bold. And thanks for watching!

Thrasher
September 23rd, 2013, 22:25
Ah, but you stole all those expensive soul gems from Galbedir. tsk tsk. ;)

Actually, this is related to one of my pet peeves with the Elder Scroll series - too many mean spirited, evil quests... Furthermore, sometimes they make it impossible to play a goodie two shoes role and finish quest lines.

Thanks for the videos. :)

Deleted User
September 23rd, 2013, 23:18
Ah, but you stole all those expensive soul gems from Galbedir. tsk tsk. ;)

Actually, this is related to one of my pet peeves with the Elder Scroll series - too many mean spirited, evil quests… Furthermore, sometimes they make it impossible to play a goodie two shoes role and finish quest lines.

Thanks for the videos. :)

Thank you for watching them.

I usually play a goodie two shoes character, but this time I decided to try something different. And really, those soul gems were just too darn alluring for me not to grab them. So nice and shiny. :)

Gloo
September 24th, 2013, 02:41
Ah, all the shinnies… I can understand that as for myself I've never been able to play something other than an Agent or a Nightblade in an ES game, just because I'm unable to resist being some sort of baddies, always intruding into someones house and pilfering shinnies :) Really, this series are so great when it comes to exploration, finding hidden and secret places, how is it possible to resist flirting with the dark side ? I never went as far as joining the Camonna tong but the Thieves guild is fine with my taste !

Thanks for the links Fluent ! I'll peruse through those soon with great interest as I'm planning for myself a new run through Vvardenfell anytime soon. I've never been able to play a complete game with the MGSO as the last version I tried (that was v1.xx something ?) was too buggy on my rig. It seems the program has came a long way since then and appears very much stable and easy to install/tweak now. The time seems right as you revived my itch with your videos, so… (thanks for that) !

Thrasher
September 24th, 2013, 02:42
He has still experienced lots of crashes though. Not sure I have the patience to deal with that.

Deleted User
September 24th, 2013, 14:32
I have experienced crashes, however, once I downloaded the unofficial patch and installed it, as well as the 4GB RAM patch (which allows you to play with more than 4GB RAM), the game has been rock solid. Very surprising but I rarely crash anymore. It's even much more stable when I exit the game. That has given me the most problems. When I exit, the game freezes up and I actually have to reboot my system to fix it. Haven't had that happen since I installed those 2 patches.

Have fun! Game is still amazing to this day. There's so much content, so much to do, it's crazy, really.

Gloo
September 24th, 2013, 15:36
Haven't had that happen since I installed those 2 patches.I thought those patches were included as well in the MGSO mod, aren't they ?! I'll report here in a couple of days about my own experience with the mod anyway. I used to play Morrowind heavily modded and I'll post my detailed set up here too. I haven't watched your own set up yet but I suspect your mod list differs from mine somehow. More on this later :)

Deleted User
September 24th, 2013, 20:03
I thought those patches were included as well in the MGSO mod, aren't they ?!

MGSO includes the Morrowind Code Patch (I think it's called that, don't quote me). The Unofficial Morrowind Patch was not included if I'm understanding correctly. I had to download it and activate it myself.

Thrasher
September 24th, 2013, 22:46
I have experienced crashes, however, once I downloaded the unofficial patch and installed it, as well as the 4GB RAM patch (which allows you to play with more than 4GB RAM), the game has been rock solid

Cool! Are these mods listed with the full set of mods you are currently using somewhere? The "about" for each video would be a good place.

Deleted User
September 25th, 2013, 00:22
I don't have a list, but when I get in the mood I will make one. I don't even know half the official names of these mods to begin with, so it's tricky.

The 4GB patch comes with MGSO (I think), so just activate it if you are using more than 4GB of RAM. As I said earlier, the Unofficial patch doesn't come with MGSO (as far as I know), so just grab that and use it as well. In terms of patches that should be all you need.

Morrowind is even more stable when I Alt+Tab out of it now. I wouldn't recommend making that a habit, though, but the few times I tried it after installing the patches, it worked great.

Thrasher
September 25th, 2013, 00:43
I am totally addicted to ALT-TAB'ing out of, in particular, fullscreen games. So that's nice to know!

Deleted User
September 29th, 2013, 15:46
I started making my videos 20 minutes long to save on the confusion of editing shorter videos. I'm probably only going to upload one per day, maybe two, so I don't overload people with content as I've been doing the past few weeks :D.

Anyway, in this new episode here, we explore Maar Gan, which turns out to be a very interesting place. I believe the LGNPC mod is active here, as I'm getting lots of interesting responses in dialog with NPCs. Check it out if you're interested in Morrowind lore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLP0n0XNAiE

Thrasher
October 3rd, 2013, 21:33
Fluent, your update rate has dropped off. I was enjoying daily videos. Before you stop entirely, make sure you show us other areas like Sheogorad, Grazelands, Azura's Coast, West Gash, and Solstein. :)

Deleted User
October 3rd, 2013, 22:30
Sorry! Just been busy. I will upload a new episode today, though. After that I have to catch more footage and I've been playing other games, but I will keep playing Morrowind as well.

Thrasher
October 3rd, 2013, 22:31
Focus on showing us the other regions before you drift off playing other games. :)

Deleted User
October 3rd, 2013, 22:34
Yeah, there's a lot I want to see yet in Morrowind. Must...stay...disciplined. Seriously though, I'm going to be focused on Morrowind and uploading at least one episode a day from here on out.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Thrasher
October 3rd, 2013, 22:47
Definitely, especially the expanded discussions and quests with the NPCs. However, do the ash storms never end in Molag Amur, Red Mountain, and Ald'ruhn? There were plenty of clear days on my unmodded playthrough. I'd like to see the view distances there on a clear day.

Deleted User
October 3rd, 2013, 23:36
I've seen a clear day in Ald'ruhn, so it is possible. Maybe it's just a rough season for ash storms.

Deleted User
October 4th, 2013, 23:33
Uploading a video now that shows a clear night in Ald'ruhn. Hopefully I can head back out in the daytime and get a good view from atop the Silt Strider port there. It's pretty impressive. I'll do that in my next session (taking a short break because of a migraine right now).

Also, I'm about to head into my first Dwemer ruin! That should be a ton of fun. That episode will either be coming later tonight as my 2nd episode upload of the day or tomorrow.

Thrasher
October 5th, 2013, 20:56
Looking forward to it! :)

Deleted User
October 5th, 2013, 23:19
Man, this video encoding business is just silly.

If I encode a lower quality vid, it takes about 30 minutes but the end result looks bad.

If I encode a high quality vid, it takes an hour and a half and comes out 4+ GB.

I'm going to experiment in future episodes with some sort of middle ground approach to cut down on these outrageous times a bit.

Thrasher and Gloo, please keep me updated in the future with how the videos look to you. I want them to be as high quality as possible but they have to be reasonable to upload and encode.

Thanks!

Gloo
October 6th, 2013, 01:15
Thrasher and Gloo, please keep me updated in the future with how the videos look to you. I want them to be as high quality as possible but they have to be reasonable to upload and encode. Thanks!As things go for now I've nothing to complain about regarding the quality ! Keep it up that way, it's perfect.

As for my personal play through, I update my post with the mod list I'm currently using (on top of the Morrowind overhaul), so here are those that, for now, seem to run smoothly (I'm currently playing a Dunmer Thief Lvl 4) :

- Fire hurts.
- Rogues.
- Fair Magicka regen.
- No thieving start.
- Advanced herbalism.

Each of these are (AFAIK) the latest versions. No problems to report with it but I ran into glitches and seemingly bugs while playing with two other mods : Primary needs and Sleep or suffer. I'm playing on WinXP SP3, 3Go RAM, a nVidia GPU (EVGA 460 GTX OC 768Mo) and with a UK Collector version of Morrowind patched with the official patch but not with the Unofficial one and despite of that the game is fairly stable. I got only a CTD a while back but I suspect the aforementioned mods to be responsible for that, instead of the game per se. The MGSO mod is a real visual blast and much more easy to install and set up than it used to be (I previously tried an earlier version that was buggy as hell !). The game runs at 60fps indoor and an average 25fps outdoor (on a range of 15-40Fps). The stability seem to be no longer a problem, as far as I can tell after some hours of play through. I'll try to upload the many screen shots I took and will post here the link to my Dropbox directory to it :)

Deleted User
October 6th, 2013, 01:45
Awesome! Good luck with your playthrough, Gloo!

Interesting that you average 25 FPS outdoors. I am using a AMD 7970m card and I get about 25 outdoors as well. Do you have anti-aliasing turned on? In places like the middle of Ald'ruhn my FPS dips to about 18/19.

Gloo
October 6th, 2013, 02:44
Awesome! Good luck with your playthrough, Gloo!Thanks ! :) My pilferer is doing quite well actually. He's currently exploring a little island near the Bitter coast, a few breaststroke from Hla Oad. It's amazing how my game differs from yours in many ways. That says so much about the richness of Morrowind !

Interesting that you average 25 FPS outdoors. I am using a AMD 7970m card and I get about 25 outdoors as well. Do you have anti-aliasing turned on? In places like the middle of Ald'ruhn my FPS dips to about 18/19.I forgot to add that I'm playing on an AMD Phenom II X4 840 CPU. Here's the link to my Dropbox dir for this play through (some captures refer to a previously abandonned character though) :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y4shmsq5oe6uviq/omkPxqtTHv/Captures/Morrowind

The average FPS are shown in the upper left corner so you'll be able to compare it with your own results (the visual options are all maxed, with AAx2 and Anisotropic filtering set to 8x).

Deleted User
October 6th, 2013, 02:57
Wow! Very beautiful screenshots, friend. I really enjoyed those!

I think my Distant Land is set to 30 cells, so that's why my FPS dips a bit. Default is 20 or 10, can't remember.

Gloo
October 6th, 2013, 13:59
Wow! Very beautiful screenshots, friend. I really enjoyed those!

I think my Distant Land is set to 30 cells, so that's why my FPS dips a bit. Default is 20 or 10, can't remember.Happy to hear someone appreciate the screen shots, thanks ! :) If I do not mistake, the draw distance in my game is set to 12. 30 seems really high a value as I guess you can see Vivec from Seyda Neen ?! That's the kind of high values that make the whole island appearing even smaller than it really is.

Deleted User
October 6th, 2013, 16:56
I don't know, I still get the feeling that the island is enormous, even if I can see Ebonheart from Vivec (which was pretty cool, actually!). It just means you can see a little further in the distance. Great for standing up on a mountain top and looking around.

Gloo
October 6th, 2013, 18:26
I'm afraid my thief reached a bitter ending while dealing with a Greater Bonewalker, as seen on the latest screen shots. I think a nasty bug has affected my avatar as he seems to have been cursed but there's no icon showing the curse depleting his Strength and Endurance to zero ! I've tried to cure it with a Cure common disease potion and a Panacea spell but to no avail. I then tried to wait (even many days !) in an attempt to see if the effects would wear out but nope ! All I can do is use a spell of Almsivi intervention to go back to Balmora temple but while there, no body comes to see that poor soul standing idled in front of the entrance door. That's really a sad sight to see, especially as he actually killed his opponent and his yet condemned, solely for not traveling with a bunch of the appropriate potions of restoration. How ironic is such and ending ! If someone his aware of a solution to this problem… otherwise I'll play by the rules and start over with a fresh new avatar.

Deleted User
October 6th, 2013, 23:47
Hmm. Have you tried purchasing Restore Strength and Restore Endurance potions? They should do the trick. If that doesn't work then it appears you've been hit with some sort of glitch. Sorry to hear.

Gloo
October 7th, 2013, 09:26
Hmm. Have you tried purchasing Restore Strength and Restore Endurance potions? They should do the trick. If that doesn't work then it appears you've been hit with some sort of glitch. Sorry to hear.The problem is that I can't go anywhere since my Strengh & Endurance are reduced to 0 > I can't move, even after dropping every piece of equipment (my load is 0 of 240 !). I'm completely stuck. I even tried a levitate potion, without success :(

I guess my last resort is in starting a new character and hoping not to encounter such a show stopper bug again… !

Deleted User
October 7th, 2013, 10:13
Ow, that is a nasty bug indeed. No backup saves?

JDR13
October 7th, 2013, 10:22
Do a web search for cheats/console commands. Hopefully you can find something that will allow you to temporarily boost your strength so you can purchase the potions you need.

Also try Bethesda's forums if you haven't already.

Thrasher
October 7th, 2013, 18:51
Yep. Just what I was about to suggest.

Something like

player.setav strength 100

then restore potion

then set it back to it's original value.

Menigal
October 7th, 2013, 22:35
Not a bug, unfortunately. Some of those beasties cause permanent (until cured) stat loss. That's why finding the Restore Strength spell in particular is so essential.

I think you can spawn a potion with player->AddItem p_restore_strength_e 1

Thrasher
October 7th, 2013, 23:21
Bonewalkers were the bane of my existence when I first started playing, resulting in a few panicked moments. ;)

Gloo
October 8th, 2013, 16:15
Not a bug, unfortunately. Some of those beasties cause permanent (until cured) stat loss. That's why finding the Restore Strength spell in particular is so essential.

I think you can spawn a potion with player->AddItem p_restore_strength_e 1Thanks to you all for those good tips. I'll try to use the console, just to see if it does the trick, but I think I'll learn the lesson instead and start a new character that'll stock at least one potion of each kind of Restore and act wiser in front of those Ancient tombs entrance… :)

Deleted User
January 15th, 2014, 02:22
After a hiatus due to a broken headset, I'm back to making videos! Check out the newest Morrowind episode, where I get into quite a bit of trouble!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUdatdqMaBw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUtumvpikfaMB89TtM_lEh-Q