Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

D

Deleted User

Hey all!

Pretty cool game, this one. It's a turn-based, party-based RPG. Actually, it's a tactical RPG, believe it or not! You fight in small battlefields with grid-based movement. Very cool!

I made a video exploring it a bit on my YouTube channel. Feel free to check it out. :)

I would recommend it if you're into cute RPGs. It's a bit childish, but fun for the inner child! :)

Anyone here played it? o_O

No and won't going to happen on my side.

If I wanted to sell my soul just for music sake I'd buy Karmaflow.
Sadly, Karmaflow is basically this:
+ absolutely amazing soundtrack, unique music/game integration
- handheld and similar garbageware looks
- horrible controls (mouse lag in the menus and no support for keyboard navigation)
- nothing apart from music looks interesting

You don't believe me? Watch first 6 minutes of the vid:

The only other game that doesn't use retarded endless mobspawn triggers on the map but has musictriggers instead is - Gothic3. But then again, Gothic 3 compared with the game you suggest and Karmaflow is like comparing skyscraper with iceage huts.

Last edited:

Right. :)

Anyone else here played Rhapsody or are familiar with it? It originally came out on Playstation (PS1) but also had a DS remake that changed the combat system, apparently. I'm playing the PS1 version.

It looks interesting :) Thank you for the video.

It looks interesting :) Thank you for the video.

You are very welcome, Elel! I hope you enjoy it. :)

The game caught me by surprise a bit. For one, it is a mini-tactical RPG, with a small-but-effective battle grid.

Also, it's nice that there is a Hard difficulty. That's a big plus in my book.

The graphics are beautiful and much better than expected as well. I'm not a big graphics guy, but I didn't realize the PS1 was really capable of delivering beautiful looks like this game has.

So, all things considered, it's a pretty neat game. :)

Rhapsody is one of my favorite games on the PSX. Sure, technically it's a terrible game. The graphical resources (while pretty) are shamelessly recycled and color-swapped. The difficulty is non-existent (unless you count getting lost in the dungeons because they all look the same). And the music ranges from hilariously bad to god-awful.

But the story is incredibly sincere and surprisingly deep. The friendship between Cornet and Kururu will break your heart before the adventure is over. The humor is silly but fun. And the villains are amazing(ly sexy!). Rhapsody is a perfect example of a game being so much more than the sum of it's parts.

Shame on me, but I never heard about this game, although I like JRPGs. Thank you for the video. Now I have plans for the weekend.

If you like games with music in it anyway, then try out Mike Oldfield's "Tres Lunas". It's so much different than anything that you've played, and surrealistic in a good sense.

Back
Top Bottom