crpgnut
May 12th, 2020, 19:23
good catch porcozaur

JDR13
May 12th, 2020, 21:32
Please let one of them be Divinity III.

danutz_plusplus
May 12th, 2020, 21:38
Are they big enough to handle both Baldur's Gate 3 and another Divinity game?

JFarrell71
May 13th, 2020, 04:04

I wouldn't think so. It may be a spinoff game in the way that Thronebreaker was a Witcher game but not really.

JFarrell71
May 13th, 2020, 04:04
Please let one of them be Divinity III.

I have it on good authority from many on this forum that they already announced Divinity III, just with a different title. ;)

JDR13
May 13th, 2020, 04:55
I have it on good authority from many on this forum that they already announced Divinity III, just with a different title. ;)

Wrong series. I'm not talking about D:OS :)

JFarrell71
May 13th, 2020, 05:02
Wrong series. I'm not talking about D:OS :)

Ohhhh. I mostly forgot those existed. I liked the first DD, but after that it wasn't until the Original Sin games that I actually enjoyed a Larian game (and not through lack of trying)

Myrthos
May 19th, 2020, 21:14
Given how much they have invested in this engine by now, I suspect whatever new Divinity game is going to be announced, is going to use that same engine as a basis.
Also if they are thinking of releasing BG3 later this year or next year, they probably already started with pre-development of a new game to not make the time between two game releases too large. They are big enough to do that.

Morrandir
May 20th, 2020, 14:41
Yep, it should be kept in mind that not every employee can do every task. For example I guess the concept artists have nothing to work on in regards to BG3 currently. They could very well work on another big project now.
Only if you are running multiple projects with shifted development phases you can run a studio efficiently without having to rely on freelancers.

duerer
May 20th, 2020, 14:56

I wouldn't think so. It may be a spinoff game in the way that Thronebreaker was a Witcher game but not really.

There was this failed experiment of theirs, called Dragon Commander…

I'd much appreciate a D:OS3, as D:OS2 was a worthy update on D:OS, but still not close enough to be a truly great game for me.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the original Div, and YES, am a big fan of Div2 (the "strange one" in the series) -- but considering the success of the D:OS series, it is highly unlikely they'd continue the old saga.

crpgnut
May 20th, 2020, 18:35
Announcing an announcement, how idiotic.

Hey guys, I'm going to post again, I just wanted to let you know...fuktards. This is the dumbest trend of the last generation.

Couchpotato
May 20th, 2020, 19:05
Oh how I wish Larian would make an true Divinity sequel again, but that's a pipe dream at best. Seem Co-Op turn-based isometric RPGS are the developers future it seems.

As for Dragon Commander it might have failed but I enjoyed playing it.
Announcing an announcement, how idiotic.

Hey guys, I'm going to post again, I just wanted to let you know…fuktards. This is the dumbest trend of the last generation.Yep the usual announcement of announcement fiasco.

Myrthos
May 21st, 2020, 20:47
We aren’t reacting to an announcement, but to a tweet. A tweet that mentions that more than one thing is going to be announced related to their Divinity games. Could be anything. Could be that you now can get your own physical Divine gloves of warming to be used in the winter. He never said any new games would be announced.

joxer
May 21st, 2020, 21:11
Gloves?! I want another spectacular Divinity hoodie!