VtM: Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch v8.1 Released

aries100

SasqWatch
Wesp5's unofficial patch for this game has reached v8.1 and has been released. The link to the patch download: http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php
The link to the changelog: http://forum.dlh.net/thread.php?threadid=37032
And the changelog itself:
v8.1 26.06.2012
----
+Restored third person Thaumaturgy animation, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Fixed tutorial guard Humanity issues and getting stuck with Gimble.
+Added Fortitude, Potence and more particles, thanks to Entenschreck.
+Restored private dance for Misti and Beckett leaving the warehouse.
+Improved new idling and new bats, thanks to Entenschreck and Malkav.
+Restored Andrei scene and Presence effects, thanks to Entenschreck.
+Moved new Gary poster quest items around to prepare for library map.
+Improved poster quest logs and canceled Vandal quest on paying him.
+Added missing Animalism particles and update to Ash's Leopold quest.
+Restored an Ocean House ghost sequence and missing tutorial sounds.
+Added Blood Eye as Purge partial resistance, thanks to EntenSchreck.
Improved cameras of Nines' intro, roof exit and epilogue cutscenes.
Fixed claws usage in gallery, Hallowbrook Hotel and Grout's mansion.
Corrected Yukie and Pisha dialogue issues and restored Nines' line.
Restored Venture Tower bodies after Sabbat attack, thanks to Malkav.
Removed illogical first SM quest info and fixed minor text details.
Fixed impossible warrens start location and teleporting at junkyard.
Added cfg and scripts for modding, thanks to Dheu and EntenSchreck.
Restored three more histories for each clan and minor level details.
More information.

you would think the game will be uber polished by now. yet each release notes are long as shit

you would think the game will be uber polished by now. yet each release notes are long as shit

I guess by this time most of the changes are changes of changes. Also, if you read the list of changes, most of them are not really fixes but 'Improved this', 'Added that' or 'Restored this'

turd?
Bloodlines is one of the RPG classics
Easily, but not for him, apparently. :p

Anyway, good to see that wesp is still on it, he is totally OCD about the whole thing.. and I am saying that in a very jestful manner of course.

I think the main reason it's considered a "classic" by some is because it's a vampire RPG, we don't see those often, i can't think of a single (modern) RPG right now except for VtM. The game also has a great script and some interesting characters.

I stopped playing it at some mansion / asylum where you had to solve some boring puzzles again. There were a few puzzles before reaching this area too, and i don't think i've finished even 40% of the game.. I watched a few "let's play" vids and saw even more puzzles ahead and even more environments which looked very dull and repeative. It's not that puzzles are difficult, but they scream "filler" and just bored me to death, just like the dull environments and combat.. The non combat zones are nice enough, at least some effort has been put into it, but the rest bleh, the most uninspring level design i've ever seen in a RPG i believe. Oh, that spooky hotel was nice at least, too bad they couldnt make the rest just as good.

edit:
"Turd" might be a bit over provocative ;) but "classic", apart from the characters and script i dont see it.

Last edited:
"Turd" might be a bit over provocative ;) but "classic", apart from the characters and script i dont see it.

I'd say the characters and the story alone are already enough for me to consider it a classic. I mean, there are not many RPG characters as memorable as Gorgeous Gary Golden, am I right?

On top of that, the character progression and customization is a lot of fun, the replay value is quite high, there are so many different branching dialogue options, it's insane to even consider how they completed the game.

I understand what you are saying, that there are a lot of puzzles in some parts of the game, but I think these guys did great job of creating a believable and unique game world where you have the freedom to choose what you think your character would want to do or say.

The first time I ever played this game was a few months ago, and absolutely loved it, nearly ten years after the release date. Still looked pretty good at 1080p with the previous community patch, despite the age of the game. Certainly it could have been improved in some ways - for example, I think there were not enough quests specific to your clan.

I don't remember ANY puzzles in this at all and I played it through was 3 completely different playing character types. If by puzzles you mean maze-like areas...

Anyway, one of my favorite games of all time. Calling it a turd is ridiculous.

I only remember boring puzzles, some cool characters and way too many loading screens for the very tiny areas (reminded me of Deus Ex 2) ;)

I wasnt too impressed by the different choices in dialogue. Even if it did offer you several options of how to respond, it seemed to result in the exact same outcome, often with the exact same response.

Bloodlines is one of the pinnacles of gaming, like Fallout, Deus Ex or recently Witcher 2 were. Incredible atmosphere and characters and quests. But I kinda wish Wesp would finally release some final version already.

I don't know how posterity will remember it, but VtM Bloodlines is definitely one of my all time favorites. Merely the fact that the gameplay is so different depending on your character sets it apart from most everything else.

I think the main reason it's considered a "classic" by some is because it's a vampire RPG, we don't see those often, i can't think of a single (modern) RPG right now except for VtM. The game also has a great script and some interesting characters.

It's got nothing to do with being a vampire RPG. "Great script" and "interesting characters" might be a pretty strong hint, not to mention the variation in gameplay styles between the different clans.

alright, i'll go stand in the corner and hope for some kind of epiphany ;)

Hah! It is a great game, yet I consistently overlook it in the "10 best" lists. The setting, characters, premise, and interactions were top notch. I don't remember puzzles either, but I certainly remember a couple very frustrating encounters. I should replay it again, but as Malkavian or Nosferatu. I played Tremere the first (and only) time.

Let's pretend everything including story, characters, level design and clans magically could tranfer perfectly into typical fantasy. Clans would become mage, rogue etc, script would still be just as good but wouldnt be about vampires. It would still be considered a classic you think? I highly doubt that. Everyone and his mother are starving for vampire RPG's.

Let's pretend everything including story, characters, level design and clans magically could tranfer perfectly into typical fantasy. Clans would become mage, rogue etc, script would still be just as good but wouldnt be about vampires. It would still be considered a classic you think? I highly doubt that. Everyone and his mother are starving for vampire RPG's.

You're not making much of a point with that.

The characters and setting are integral to many games. You could apply that exact same logic to almost any crpg. Imagine how different PS:T would have been if it didn't take place in that setting. Or if you took the Star Wars out of KotOR.

I don't think VtM: Bloodlines is such a solid game that it could stand on its own in a fantasy setting, that's all i'm saying. Planescape in a fantasy setting, that's not too difficult to translate (Baldur's Gate). KOTOR = Jade Empire, similar enough. The core mechanics and design is so good that it doesnt matter that BG is typical fantasy, it still works great. Same with Jade Empire (not typical fantasy, but different enough from Star Wars).

People seems to be extremely forgiving to all of VtM: Bloodlines shortcomings because it happens to be a rare vampire RPG with a great script and great characters. I guess for some people that is enough, for me it isnt.

I don't think VtM: Bloodlines is such a solid game that it could stand on its own in a fantasy setting, that's all i'm saying. Planescape in a fantasy setting, that's not too difficult to translate (Baldur's Gate). KOTOR = Jade Empire, similar enough. The core mechanics and design is so good that it doesnt matter that BG is typical fantasy, it still works great. Same with Jade Empire (not typical fantasy, but different enough from Star Wars).

Planescape is a fantasy setting. Follow your own example properly and make it a VtM game…is it so good now? The actual gameplay in PS:T isn't that strong - it's the creative setting, memorable characters, script and choices.

KotOR isn't that close to Jade Empire and if you remove the Star Wars setting and ignore the characters and story, it's a remarkably shitty game. A realtime-with-pause game where party positioning is meaningless and you can Force-Push through the whole thing? Come one - it doesn't stand on the "gameplay" alone at all.

People seems to be extremely forgiving to all of VtM: Bloodlines shortcomings because it happens to be a rare vampire RPG with a great script and great characters. I guess for some people that is enough, for me it isnt.

Again, it has little to do with being a rare vampire RPG - you're the one that has decided that's the reason. Yes, we forgive it's shortcomings because of it's great strengths - like many, many games. The setting was different and they achieved a good atmosphere with nice music that made a nice change to fantasy, yes, but it isn't good because of that - it's a small part of a great package in terms of writing and design that trumps other issues.

Back
Top Bottom