Dungeon Siege 3 - Preview @ RipTen - Demonstration Video

aries100

SasqWatch
RipTen was present at NY Comic Con conference where Obsidian did a demonstration of Dungeon Siege 3. Their coverage includes both a short write-up of the event as well as a
49 minute tech video demonstration.
Here's a quote from their short write-up about what you can expect:
Some things you may want to take note of are: the environmental effects, the spell effects, the lighting and shadows, Lucas’ animations and armor detail, and of course – that sweet flaming sword they looted at the end. We’re also a fan of the new camera angles that let you get up close to the action.
More information.

Video is not working for me. Is there a general problem or specific to my computer?

Video is on vimeo. I have not problem to access it from my workplace.

Last edited:
This looks very different from earlier Obsidian games. The visuals are nice but the gameplay looks like diablo 2/3, which was to be expected I guess? I don't think it'll be my cup of tea but time will tell.

Looks interesting. Dark Alliance II was quite fun co-op, this should be more so. Seems there will be actually a proper story and better gameplay.

I'm worried about the game controls, it looks like they've abandoned the wonderful point & click from the previous games and gone for horrible WASD. If that's the case, then I'll give this game a BIG miss.

WASD? Wow I might actually play it. I did enjoy DS1. DS2 was pretty pathetic. I do like mindless killing and WASD would really sweeten the pot.

Back
Top Bottom