The Most Messed Up, Crazy Quests

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
WatchMojo has a pretty good top 10 list:

Another one would be the witches' quest in Kingdom Come: Deliverance

WatchMojo is hollywoodcentric garbage of a site. In rare occassions they do try to cover something from elsewhere and the result is unbelievably cringy. Basically, if you wanna get some laugh how an a site can be ignorant and stupid, either go for WatchMojo or equally horrible Looper.

When it comes to games, WatchMojo ignores PC. Now lemme see that yet another top10 they did - and I bet it's consolecentric.

------------------------------------------
ME2 Overlord DLC is in the list. WTF? How exactly is that messed up? It's there so you get another recruit in ME3. Depending on your choice at the end of DLC, ofc.

I didn't see any witches KCD quest in the list.

ME2 Overlord DLC is in the list. WTF? How exactly is that messed up?

Dude plugging his autistic math savant brother to a VI without doing much testing so Cerberus can "mind control" all Geth is not messed up?

It would be messed up it the autistic person did it to his nonautistic brother. As it's not so, there is nothing messed up there. Quite the contrary, it's the usual abuse of unable to defend case told in a nonmessed up way.

Dude plugging his autistic math savant brother to a VI without doing much testing so Cerberus can "mind control" all Geth is not messed up?
Yeah, I found that one seriously disturbing, to the point where I usually rush through the quest now whenever I replay ME2. It is rather interesting and well written though, just completely messed up.

It would be messed up it the autistic person did it to his nonautistic brother. As it's not so, there is nothing messed up there. Quite the contrary, it's the usual abuse of unable to defend case told in a nonmessed up way.

Sounds like an entry for TV Tropes.

What I find even more disturbing is this racism towards autistic people these days.

Erm, my problem is definetly the use of "messed up" here. Messed up sounds to me as deliberate not using "fucked up". Which would mean something poorly done.
Seems to me the article author uses "messed up" for a proper storyline yet variety of unusual outcomes. Which is kinda odd to me, then again:
- english is not my language
- I have already problems with "pissed" meanining something different depending on location

Erm, my problem is definetly the use of "messed up" here. Messed up sounds to me as deliberate not using "fucked up".
Actually, that's correct. See "South Park" and all those "this is pretty fucked up right here" lines. It's not the quest mechanics that are messed up, though, it's the whole situation. Basically, if reality (or society or whatever) was actually working as we think it should, the situation wouldn't be happening, so reality/society/whatever is messed up.

Witcher 3's quest gets extra points. Not only do you start out with this rather nasty man showing affect for a little monster, it's also a beautiful thing. Grotesque and beautiful aren't supposed to happen at the same time but there it is, happening in your very own head!

Back
Top Bottom