Alpha Protocol - Release Date Window?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
VideoGamer.com has Sega's upcoming release schedule, which shows Obsidian's Alpha Protocol with a "Q1 2009" release date window. According to the piece, Sega would not clarify exactly what this represents but they speculate it probably means April - June, as this is the first quarter of the Japanese financial year.
More information.

Well, I personally hope that they release the game FINISHED and nicely optimised.
The sooner - the better, but quality always comes first, so..... keeping my fingers crossed.

During Christmas I had something of a movie marathon, including the Jason Bourne movies, and it made me think about Alpha Protocol: It's actually hard to believe such a plot/setting has never been used in a good RPG. I originally started out with fairly low expectations, but now I have to admit I'm really looking forward to AP. This spring it looks like we'll get both Dragon Age and Alpha Protocol, in addition to various smaller titles, so things are looking good right now.

I'll use this thread:

I just read in an interview that an actress of The Force Unleashed (the Star Wars game) with the name Adrienne Wilkinson "will be playing Mina Tang in Alpha Protocol, a game that goes a little bit into the direction of The Bourne Identity". (Quick translation by me.)

Edit: Tiny update:

Adrienne has been tapped to voice the character of Mina Tang in Sega's latest RPG, Alpha Protocol. The game will be available for the XBox 360, the Playstation 3, and the PC platforms. It is scheduled for release in February of 2009.

Taken from her web site.

February? Not that I'm not happy about it or anything, but it seems... a little soon.

I believe February was the original time of release, but things changed. Probably a leftover from that. Some guy who runs a SEGA website or something stopped by the Obsidian forums and said that Sega wanted to hype the game up more, plus that the gametesters are enjoying the game a lot.

Personally I'd guess June or so, but that's not based on anything.

I would be surprised at the Q1/Q2 (depending on region) timing ... but we'll see

I also agree that it could depend on regions.

June seems to be the concensus on most boards -- and that's when the big onlines have it slated to drop.

Back
Top Bottom