Alvora Tactics - FFT-like TRPG w/ procedural exploration

Eldiran

Watcher
Heya! It's been awhile since I announced my last game Voidspire Tactics here. I've been working on a psuedo-sequel called Alvora Tactics, and am now putting it through Greenlight.

The basic gameplay has you embarking on missions with your party of 4 - 6 characters to explore procedural levels Zelda-style. There are also handmade side areas and secrets. When you encounter enemies, you enter tactical combat then and there (no separate battle map).

The class system is much like Final Fantasy Tactics - you combine 2 classes, each with 7 abilities, and 3 passive abilities on each of your characters. You can also rank up each of those abilities to increase their effectiveness.

For those of you familiar with Voidspire, there are a few big differences in Alvora:

• Maximum party size increased to 6
  • More focus on combat/progression than exploration
  • Lots of new enemies, classes, races, items, etc.
  • New weapon & armor augmenting system
  • A town hub screen between missions where you unlock party-wide upgrades, shop, forge equipment, etc.

Alvora Tactics is going through Greenlight right now, so if any of this interests you, check out the Greenlight page! Feedback is welcome and appreciated.

It's been a while, so a small progress update: Greenlight is progressing decently, except that Valve has seemingly stopped approving games for the most part. So I've decided to release outside of Steam first.

I'll be releasing on itch.io on May 8 for $9.99. I made a short post on Greenlight about the details.

Alvora Tactics is out! It's available for $8.99 (there's a 10% sale for the first week).

Not on Steam, regrettably, but it's only a matter of time. People buying now will receive keys later when it's greenlit.

Here's the site: http://www.alvoratactics.com/

Voidspire Tactics is 34% off as well this week.

Loving it so far - really glad to see a follow-up to Voidspire!

For anyone who never played the original - really fun take on squad-based tactical battles with a ton of character customization options. I've only just started Alvora, but the new additions all look like great new features on top of an already solid base.

Back
Top Bottom