Dungeon Siege 3 - Preorder Offers

Anyone know if the original DS thru steam will work with the ultima lazarus mod.?

Been waiting to play that one until someone finally came around with a digital download of the original DS game. Hopefully, can get ultima running and game somewhat more optimized for modern systems.

Game require Steam to play.

Including retails and Gamersgate, at least they are nice enough to warn about the DRM, it's usually not written on the box.

Well of course I expect it to need Steam if it's downloaded from there, but not if it's the retail box version.

Times like this I wish I could get over my box addiction, but I can't.

Some people who only buy games on Steam seem completely oblivious to the fact that Steam is often forced on those who don't.

If Steam was always optional I would never bitch about it.

Some people who only buy games on Steam seem completely oblivious to the fact that Steam is often forced on those who don't.

If Steam was always optional I would never bitch about it.

Well I thought games were always optional :p

Game require Steam to play.

Including retails and Gamersgate, at least they are nice enough to warn about the DRM, it's usually not written on the box.

Having a hard time verifying this…

Not seeing it on any of the websites or box covers I can find for the game.

Do you perchance have a link?

Thx :)

Edit/update :

Well Gamersgate IS listing this:

DRM: Requires a 3rd party download and account

So it's like the Warhammer DOW II I guess, even the PC Retail version needs a STEAM account and logon to play….

Thanks for the heads up!

That's not an issue for me but good to know nonetheless ;)

(Might as well purchase through Steam then and get the earlier games too heh)

DSIII isn't the first Square published game to use Steamwork either. It is the first to be sold digitally elsewhere then Steam though. I call this an improvement, before Steamwork games were Steam exclusive for digital version.

There's a lot of chance that Deus Ex: Human Revolution will use it as well, despite there being no confirmations either.

What is Gamersgate? And well ALL Steam games require steam to run. No surprise there.

A shame GOG couldn't have gotten this, for all the STEAM haters, ;)

Gamersgate is Paradox's digital distribution store.

Well of course I expect it to need Steam if it's downloaded from there, but not if it's the retail box version.
I'm sure it's easier for dev's and publishers [and costs less, too] to have on the PC just one Steam version to patch w/ one DRM (Steam)...
as opposed to say having a Steam-version and rest are Non-Steam versions.

Some games bought at Retail that actually do require Steam:
Saints Row 2, FEAR 2, Fallout: New Vegas, DOW2 + Expansions, anything Valve does [obviously], Dark Messiah [MP portion requires Steam, while SP gives you the option of Steam or Non-Steam], AVP 2010, Kane & Lynch 2, Sup Com 2, etc.

And yes, the list is growing.

Liked DS and DS2. Was unconvinced by DS3. Digital distribution version only makes the decision easy.

Liked DS and DS2. Was unconvinced by DS3. Digital distribution version only makes the decision easy.

Physical version being released as well, you can pre-order it at Gamestop, Bestbuy, Walmart for physical version.

Steamworks is also a DRM method. I don't like DRM, but if a game has it, I would rather it being Steamworks.

Back
Top Bottom