Gothic 3 Secret goblin cave - strange mushroom?

damirko

Traveler
While I was exploring the coastal region I stumbled upon a cave full of goblins (like 20 of them) with 2 ogres at it's end.

What is strange is that group and reaction AI for monsters in there does not work, I can shoot anybody from the distance and they will not react to strike back. (In melee they howere do react or if you approach them near enough).

What's even wierded is that at the end of the cave where there is some treasure I've found a "Strane mushroom". Under it's description it just lists "A funny looking mushroom" or something like that.

Any idea what's the story with that cave?
Oh btw cave when looking on the map is directly "beneath" Ardea, you reach it by circling the seacoast from Ardea to Vengard.

Is there a possibility that this cave is related to some quest or something?

Puzzled

Right I reported this as a broken or unfinished area or quest.
The Mushroom shows up much more, in fact 2 are in secret cave going the oppisite way on the coast of this one, but don't go in/down very far unless your have a good save outside the cave first, though if you can fight your way to this cave you sould be able to go at least half way and actually be able to see whats at the bottem without to much trobule but remmber even if you see some things, there could be other things hidden. :p

I still don't know what those Mushrooms are for I havent tried to eat one and have run accross no one asking for them or offering explination of them, though since I started over I am really just finishing up Montera, only have the Druid cave left but I cant find it. :(

You'll find strange mushrooms scattered around the entire game. Even in the desert. Only thing I've found them any good for was that they're required for the meatbug transformation potion recipe.

Yep, they're just a normal herb like everything else, and used for a recipe or two. Nothing more special than that, at least not so far. I find them all over the place.

The strange mushrooms are for transforming in to animals like scavengers and wolfs

non human/orc ai will not react if you one-shot-kill them. however shooting at them with a bow or magic that doesn't not kill them will alert them all.
yes there are well over 100 strange mushrooms and like people have said they are the base requirement for transformation potions much like king sorrel is for permanent potions.

No, there is a bug that sometimes "freezes" the monsters so you can pump them full of arrows without them attacking you. This happens sometimes when the monsters don't find a direct route to attack you.

Actually they do not freeze, but an "ogre standing" stays as an ogre standing if there is no other movement script active. The monster does move backwards, though, with every shot you hit the target with. This seems to happen near where the visibility range ends, so it looks like the monster can't see you and does not do anything because of that. The visibility is determined by your game settings, so this might not happen on all systems.

I actually took this not to be an unfinished quest, but rather a joke. Tons of goblins and 2 ogres, who don't react, with quite a bit of black rhobar (pot) and strange mushrooms (shrooms) at the end...it's the stoner goblin cave!

..with quite a bit of black rhobar (pot) and strange mushrooms (shrooms) at the end...it's the stoner goblin cave!
:lol::lol:

i too ventured down the coast-line after dispatching the Orcs but it turned out to be anti-climatic.. anyway, it goes without saying that it's good to add up on the XPs..

Back
Top Bottom