RPGWatch Forums
Page 2 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fallout 3 - Banned in Australia (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4876)

Korplem July 10th, 2008 04:28

Lucky Day, are you saying that mature games are simply cheap thrills? They are mature for a reason. Super Mario Super Nova Extra Fun Party may very well be fun but I'll take a dark gritty story any day of the week.

CutLunch July 10th, 2008 09:38

I've never been too bothered by the censorship laws before (I'm from Oz). Wait until the facts are known before passing judgement.
People in Oz should be importing from overseas anyway - to save about 60% on the price of their games.

woges July 10th, 2008 12:24

Banned for positive effects of drug use.

txa1265 July 10th, 2008 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Day (Post 86206)
good for them. perhaps if more countries had the guts to this more often then companies would stop going for the cheap thrill and simply focus on better games.

I think that is a fallacious argument - it presumes that all M games are lesser products than T games, which is quite false. While I agree with the "companies would stop going for the cheap thrill and simply focus on better games" sentiment, this is true in any medium - there is a market for M games / R movies, etc.

Alrik Fassbauer July 10th, 2008 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korplem (Post 86254)
Super Mario Super Nova Extra Fun Party may very well be fun but I'll take a dark gritty story any day of the week.

The sad thing is that games like Mario Party (or how it's called) most definitively have died out on the PC platform.

There's nothing containing *this kind* of simple fun anymore on the PC platform.

The PC platform is clearly evolving into an "action platform", in my eyes.

woges July 10th, 2008 15:26

Did they allow Bioshock? I mean doesn't that have you injecting straight into your arm visually every minute?

DArtagnan July 10th, 2008 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by woges (Post 86311)
Did they allow Bioshock? I mean doesn't that have you injecting straight into your arm visually every minute?

According to the article, they distinguish between "science fiction drugs" and normal drugs - and in the case of Fallout 3, the drugs resemble real-world drugs enough to warrant the decision.

I think the whole thing is ridiculous, but I can see the distinction. Bioshock also made it blatantly clear that plasmid use was ultimately a VERY bad thing, as it's pretty much the source of everything gone wrong in Rapture.

woges July 10th, 2008 17:31

It was EVE injections wasn't it. They should just call it Morpheus then I guess.