The ultimate 80s movie

D

Darth Tagnan

If you had to pick a single 80s movie that represented that era perfectly - and what it means to you, what would it be?

Personally, I think this is a serious contender:

There are lots of 80s movies that I love, but I think the one that is the most 80s - that just couldn't exist in any other era - is Ghostbusters.

And, again, if anyone wants to tell me that the remake was an acceptable film, there will be fisticuffs. :p

Another thread were you ask for only ask for one miovie. Damn you this is hard as I have a bunch of movies from the 80's I love to re-watch. So I'll pick Howard the Duck.

It was an absolute bomb back then but became a cult classic.

Another thread were you ask for only ask for one miovie. Damn you this is hard as I have a bunch of movies from the 80's I love to re-watch. So I'll pick Howard the Duck.

It was an absolute bomb back then but became a cult classic.

I love Howard the Duck! :)

And, again, if anyone wants to tell me that the remake was an acceptable film, there will be fisticuffs. :p
I wont as I didn't enjoy it. A new film is set for 2020 but it doesn't feel the same either.

Especially with the passing of Harold Ramis.

My second pick would of been Gremlins followed by Short Circuit.

Highlander. Watched it multiple times. Still don’t mind watching it.
First time I saw it was in a Belgian cinema, we got the last seats, first row. There was a weird vibe, the crowd was excited and shouted as soon as the film started. Because we did not know what this movie was about we looked around us, agreeing we seemed to have made a good choice.
I never forget that scene with The Kurgan (mmm, loved that guy) sitting next to that scared old lady.

The Breakfast Club, yes. Watched that one multiple times as well.

I wouldn't be too interested in any more Ghostbusters. The whole thing should have been awful in the first place, but somehow the alchemy worked, and this weird mess came together into something unique. I think trying to follow it is a terrible idea.

Highlander

That's one sexy choice!

How could I forget about that one.

I remember borrowing a VHS tape from a friend of mine.

It had two movies on it:

Aliens and Highlander.

Guess how many times I watched that tape :)

That was my phase when I was into Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, big time. I would probably choose "The Terminator" or "Predator" or one of his other more humorous action flicks of the time. :biggrin:

All fine specimens.

Anyone here remember a movie called The Stuff from 1985?

How about Night of the Comet from 1984 also?

Some more more 80's movies I recommend.

The Princess Bride
Weird Science
Big
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Full Metal Jacket

That's one sexy choice!
Indeed. :)
I was looking at wikipedia after seeing the topic of this thread, to see what movies were released in the eighties. First title I thought would be worth mentioning: 91/2 weeks, though I saw that one in the nineties.
When coming to ‘H’, with Highlander, the choice was easy.

Goonies, Terminator, Ghostbusters, Road Warrior, Indiana Jones - impossible to choose just one emblematic movie.

But, for something completely different, I choose Michael Jackson's Moonwalker - cheesy as hell but very "80's".

Back
Top Bottom