1 year in jail what crpg would you take with you?

Ok, so say you we're going to do 1 year in jail, and you we're allowed to bring a laptop and only 1 crpg what would that game be?

I think mine would have to be Wizardry 7 as I have never finished it, and I have been playing it off and on for over 20 years.

Ok, so say you we're going to do 1 year in jail, and you we're allowed to bring a laptop and only 1 crpg what would that game be?

I think mine would have to be Wizardry 7 as I have never finished it, and I have been playing it off and on for over 20 years.

They might let you out early on good behaviour.

I'm going to cheat and say Dosbox.

That way I can replay all the old RPGs I never finished. And Ultima 7.

I wouldn't take any game with me. I'd socialize. And then manipulate my way out before a year passes.

Something with plenty of romances, which I'd give to my cellmate, in the hopes he leaves me alone.

Tough one. I'd probably not pick a RPG at all, I tend to spend more time on Strategy games. But IF an RPG is required, I'd probably pick Skyrim as long as I could use mods. I've never played it with any mods but if I go by opinions on this forum it's supposed to be pretty good with them...

wasteland 1

CRPG? nah, I'd bring a strategy game like Europa Universalis 4 or Crusader Kings 2. They would open the cell door saying "You're free to go, the year's up!" and I would be like "What, already? Wait, lemme finish this war first!"

CRPG? nah, I'd bring a strategy game like Europa Universalis 4 or Crusader Kings 2. They would open the cell door saying "You're free to go, the year's up!" and I would be like "What, already? Wait, lemme finish this war first!"

The same is valid for a Civilization game: "Wait, officer. Just one more turn…" :)

First of all, be sure to play Gothic 1 before the slammer. It is a good training course to dos and don'ts of prison life. For instance when someone asks you protection money, you'll know how to handle it. And gothic 1 teaches you that its always a good idea to be in good terms with the guards...

As for which rpg to take with me, likely Morrowind. After all the player character gains his freedom right in the begining.

I wouldn't take any game with me. I'd socialize. And then manipulate my way out before a year passes.

Tell us the truth, Joxer. You would bring Candy Crush Saga with you :D

I wanted to say Elder Scrolls, but what about Sims? I would faithfully recreate the whole prison and all prisoners and guards, and I'd keep a notebook observing their every move and word, every fight, every manipulation and plot. Then later, out of prison, I'd stream it live as a real-life Sims show 'Jail Life', using my notes. It would be a hit.

If any game; king bounty (either legend, crossroad or darkside), if it must be crpg - bg ii enhanced or maybe da:I (yea i know the watch hates da:i but i wouldn't mind replaying it).

I would first stab the biggest inmate I saw in the throat. Then, if I still only had a year to do, I would take Eador Genesis with mods. If it had to be a crpg I think I would take Oblivion modded out. I started playing a week ago and the week has flown by.

Back in 1999 I would have taken Everquest. It still would not have been enough time to play in that year with all the working out and going to the prison mess hall.

Shank or be shanked that is my motto. I can make shivs out of prison tooth brushes. One of the skills I picked up working in a maximum security jail :)

Also, find out which guard is really crooked or soft and bribe or threaten him to bring in food for you. You do not want to see what there is to eat in jails. Commissary is mostly junk food.

Last edited:
What best combines an Elder Scrolls style hiking simulator with the mind-deadening grind of a dungeon crawler -- in prison I would need both imagined freedom and a way to just kill thought when imagination failed.

Maybe Morrowind? Both freedom in exploration and the soothing routine of leveling up your skills by sitting in a hallway casting the same cheap spell over and over until you pass out.

Honestly, the best thing to do would be to drop the "c" in crpg and try to get a pen & paper game going. Star Fleet Battles would be cool, too: everyone would finally have the time to read up on all the rules before playing!

Back
Top Bottom