Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Date Announcement Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
I'm really excited about this, especially with the editor opening up the potential for lots more modules. I'm quite keen to see how the editor works! Hopefully the Kickstarter will be a success.

Edit: Kickstarter campaign starts on May 26th

Last edited:
I don't think this is a good video, all I see is multiple confusing screens, many menus and buttons, coloured tokens moving around, and swirling text.

It evokes no imagination of any fantasy world or game, no lore, no back story ..etc.

If they reach that goal and replace the icons with real character art I'd be interested. Otherwise...not too much. But as I doubt with these tokens it will have enought appeal to even reach that stretch goal I don't thinkt hat's going to happen.

I actually find C64 graphics more appealing than that (and looking forward to Skald!)

Nothing will convince me to pledge, but good luck to those interested.

I think it looks good, better with the character models, but I can see a lot of detail in the characters and enemies.

I spent a lot of time on the first game.

This is very likely my next kickstarter. I can well live with icons instead of sprites, but I'm pretty sure this will get to some strechgoals anyway.

I summon the power of the forbidden Codex!

I'm not really sure if I can get immersed in this tabletop/board game look, but I'm willing to give it a try.

The icons completely ruin any feel of being inside a living game world. Basically turns it into a pseudo-tabletop combat simulator.

This transcendent level of eccentricity must be rewarded.

Why do we have to have bad UX design in this day and age :/

Not pledging that's for sure

The sprites from KotC1 are available to use instead of the tokens in the editor. The top left window of the video shows this in action in the new game (look at 40 seconds in)

From his Q&A:
http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_FAQ.htm

"Will the game have animated sprites?

That’s the plan. Please refer to the stretch-goals chart.

However, the first adventure, Augury of Chaos, currently is based on tokens. That being said, the sprites from KotC 1 are already available in the editor. They can also be used as player-character sprites."

Hmmm, if I'm looking to play a game like this, I'm more likely to just spin up a solo game of the board game Mage Knight or Gloomhaven.

Supposed to be super easy to swap out the entire tileset.

It's fine if KotC1 (static) sprites are available, but there's 10x as many classes in this game, different monsters, etc.

I loved the first game so much that I will help out this Kickstarter. It needs to make the stretch goal so it's not just tokens. I would play anyway with just tokens.

I do recommend watching the pitch video on the KS page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/947609585?ref=8amqiu&token=df2b2dd2

I was sold by the bagpipes of pain, and Pierre's demonic challenge to we mortals.

Thanks for that…note you get a copy of the 1st module at the completion of the campaign…..with the editor….

Hmm someone should reach out to him to get a review copy for the watch?

I'm so going to back this....at the paladin level you get a steam key as well as the digital download.

Looked like he had a PayPal option to back the game directly with him. Think I'll go that route, as I hope he is eating better than gathered roots these days.

Thanks for the link Ripper. The character screens looked packed with info and all the different races and classes are fantastic. That will have me up my pledge.

Back
Top Bottom