VtM: Redemption - Now available on Steam

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Porcozaur spotted that Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption is now available on Steam:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption

Before your fall, you led a crusade against evil. Now you've become one of the undead creatures you once battled - a Vampire. Inhabiting the World of Darkness, you must face a series of brutal confrontations with your nemesis Vukodlak, a powerful vampire lord.

Your unholy showdown begins in medieval Europe and rages on into the modern day, as you track a soulless enemy in an eternal struggle to destroy him. For this is the only hope of vengeance for your tortured immortality.

• A storyline that begins in Middle Ages and ends in the present
  • A well-known universe as the game’s setting: World of Darkness
  • Your decisions during both gameplay and conversations will determine the final outcome of the story
More information.

One of the very best games of all history! Highly recommended MUSTHAVE MUSTPLAY!

Graphics look like a bit like Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura :)
Too bad it is realtime, looks fun !

Such a shame MP scene never lived up to Neverwinter Night's level. Lack of a comprehensive Toolset really hurt the game in that regard.

One of the very best games of all history! Highly recommended MUSTHAVE MUSTPLAY!
I hope you're thinking of Bloodlines, not Redemption (this game)…I mean, this wasn't a bad game, but certainly nothing exceptional about it.

As I recall, the first (medieval) half was pretty good and fairly well balanced. However, the later "present day" sections (complete with guns) were a bit all over the place. They obviously really struggled trying to figure out how modern weapons should balance with medieval weaponry, and much of the sense of progression fell away.

I did finish it, but in the end it became a bit of a chore. In hindsight, sort of like Lionheart in terms of how the first half of the game was strong, but in the end, you were just glad to get it finished.

Definitely worth experiencing though, although it does feel quite dated now (or did last time I checked - maybe mods/patches etc improve things).

Bloodlines did kind of blow it out of the water, but I remember really wanting and then really enjoying Redemption.

I also think it was the first game I had to upgrade my video card to play, ever. As in I'd not had to do it before.

I remember when this was first released. My friends would come over and we'd play for hours. Highly recommend it for the story / writing...

Wonderful story and writing.

It also features my favorite weapon in any game - the Ainkurn Sword! The only weapon that comes close is the Dragon Tooth in Deus Ex.

Will have to check that out - I like this game, have played a few times. Limited in many ways, but pretty fun stuff!
Oh yeah, far from perfect, but certainly the best vampire game we had back in 2000. Nihilistic was amazing in what they pulled off, especially the Story Teller Mode. activision forced them to work on an extremely limited budget and time frame AND they did all the patch work on their own time. :worship:

How long till they remaster it ?
Does activision do remasters, thought they were just a bunch of dicks? :mwahaha:

Back
Top Bottom