Regalia - Releases Tomorrow

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Regalia of Men and Monarchs will be released tomorrow, so a launch trailer has been made available.

Do you have the brains and brawn to save your kingdom from ruin? You'll find out soon enough - Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs releases on May 18th. Polish indie game publisher Klabater has released the latest trailer and invited players to a fantasy world full of weirdness, wonder, and tongue-in-cheek humor.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - May 16th, Warsaw, Poland.

Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs debuts in just two days! Klabater and Pixelated Milk are happy to reveal the launch trailer of the game - take a look at the beautiful kingdom of Ascalia. The publisher is offering digital and physical versions of the game. The box edition has a couple of very special gadgets.

Polish indie publisher Klabater has confirmed that the release of Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs is happening this Thursday, May 18th! You'll be able to find the digital version of the game on Steam for €22.99/$24.99. On top of that, Klabater has prepared a special edition of the game packed in a custom-made box. It will be available on Amazon for €25.99. You'll find a couple of pretty cool gadgets inside:

• A 36-page artbook (19 x 13.4 cm)
  • A digital version of the codex containing information about the fantastical world of Ascalia and its history
  • A map of the kingdom (67 x 38 cm)
  • Two papercraft models for more creative players
About Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs

In Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs you will explore a fairytale world, experience a story full of twists and turns, and learn how to rule a kingdom. Take part in turn-based combat against a wide range of monsters and bandits, but remember that you'll need to use strategic thinking to ensure the prosperity of your land. You'll travel through six different regions packed full of missions, with over 30 hours of playtime in total. Meet companions, make friends, and forge enduring relationships - it is certain to pay off.

The kingdom of Ascalia needs your help. Not only is the royal vault empty, but it seems the rest of the city is... well, in ruin. To bring glory back to your family's name, you'll have to work hard, use diplomacy, and run the city like a true ruler!

FEATURES:

• Robust turn-based combat full of challenges
  • 6 different regions to explore, each filled with battles, adventures, bosses, and more!
  • More than 20 unique characters to meet, recruit, and befriend. Foster relationships and create the ultimate team of misfits!
  • Everything you need to be a successful king: town management, diplomacy, expeditions, and more
  • A light-hearted story with tons of humor and a fair amount of epicness
  • Over 30 hours of gameplay
  • Huge replayability factor: You won't discover all the content in just one playthrough
  • Craft powerful new weapons
  • Beautiful graphics with hand-drawn 2D backgrounds
  • Orchestral soundtrack composed by Game Audio Factory, known for their work on Furi, Endless Legend, and Endless Space
  • Professional English voice acting
  • Samurai dwarves!
Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs will be released on Windows, OS X, and Linux on May 18th.
More information.

- Over 30 hours of gameplay
- Huge replayability factor: You won't discover all the content in just one playthrough
If it was 60 hours and discovering all content in one playthrough instead, I'd buy this instantly.

Beside that, this looks suspicious - is it me or it's touchscreen:
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/s...c90f4c103b9aded069581da223c3d08.1920x1080.jpg

EDIT:
Ah, found I've commented on this project before, but not because it looking as if it's builtin android emulator:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061428874&postcount=2

Well the written description makes it sound really interesting. Looking at the screen shots though I'm much less sure, I have no problem with the graphics, but it does look a little simpler than I often like. But looks can be deceiving and I'll definitely be looking at it in more detail when it comes out.

Erm, no I like the graphics style. It's the menu design I'm pointing at on the pic and "procedurally generated content" is just another phrase for card shuffling which I don't like.

Yeah, I never play anything proc-gen except for Path of Exile. It's my one off for that type of game.

If its on GoG I'll buy it.

I have no problem with procedural generation, but it's most appropriate in a game that your intended to play multiple times. If this game is 30 hours long, there is a good chance that I'm not even going to finish the first playthrough, let alone play it a second time. Maybe your just encouraged to explore certain areas multiple times?

This video was sooOooo Massively Underwhelming that I fell asleep.

I'm intrigued but my spidey-sense says it'll be too lite/casual. I likes my sRPG to be pretty heavy but I'll keep an eye on it.

What a strange sauce. Such a rip off of japanese product codes.

I can't really decide from the video if I would like this or not, I'll wait for some opinions from trusted sources.

Last edited:
A review appeared on wccftech:
http://wccftech.com/review/regalia-of-men-and-monarchs-review/

Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs does quite well what it sets out to do, tributing classic JRPGs by mixing a variety of features and mechanics. While not overly original, the game developed by Pixelated Milk manages to be quite entertaining thanks to the charming characters, lighthearted tone, and challenging battles. If you loved JRPGs back in the 90s, early 2000s, you will find plenty to like in Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs.

Pros
- Light-hearted tone
- Charming characters
- Challenging battles
- Variety of mechanics that work well together
- Simple yet effective presentation

Cons
- None of the mechanics are particularly original
- Bad voice acting

8/10

And the most important thing to me is hidden it the text:
As already mentioned, Kay’s final objective is the final restoration of Ascalia, and to do so, the Kingdom itself requires people and the right structures. At any time while in the castle, players can decide to build and enhance facilities, which require money (hilariously called DLC)
It does have phonestyle menus, it's not storydriven but procedurally generated, it's a product I wouldn't put my money on really, but reading that line…
I'm definetly buying this.

EDIT:
Another reason I'm buying:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/464150/discussions/0/1291816569118057724/
There is no controller support at this moment.

For those who like me find the decision od not unlocking "everything" through one playthrough suspicious, a developer responded:

There is an endless mode after the campaign is finished where you can max (almost) everything.

Each playthrough will be also different since you can ally with different factions through diplomacy (and even unlock new party members that way!). There are also tons of Choose Your Own Adventure quests where you can pretty significantly alter the outcome of the quest.

Also, the game is available on GOG for those who want it DRMfree.

I'm so pathetic. Just one (minor) thing about the game mentioned in some review made me turn 180 degrees and suddenly digging out every detail I can find. Kill me.

Last edited:
The battles looks like classical TJRP like Disgaia. I like Disgaia. Joxer and Carnifex, please post impressions when you've played a bit. I don't need original mechanics as long as it has good mechanics, and poor voice overs are usually more fun so that review makes me mean towards buying. And the DLC thing, I found that one hilarious. Easily amused I guess.

Eh, I won't probably play it before next week (can't shuffle two games at the same time). :(
Maybe put DH2 on pause for a day or two just to try this one… okay, expect some impressions in a couple of days, just not today I'm afraid.

And here I am. Whining on the overgrown backlog the other day just to add another game to it, the one I wasn't planning to buy ever. Did I say kill me?

A bump just to say it got a hotfix. Yea already:

ALANCE:

- slightly toned down the difficulty of Visage of Anguish

FIXES:

- fixed being unable to load the game when Haksun's Personal Bond is at max level
- fixed some battle challenges not providing rewards despite being completed
- fixed Diplomacy choices bugging out in some cases
- fixed Miri Personal Bond Quest Chain
- fixed Cheap Bait stacking
- fixed various typos and localization strings
- fixed Diplomacy screen progress bars
- fixed 'Royal Pike' fish affecting enemies

What's this, everyone's patching their games fast!
A conspiracy by indie devs? I like it.

I have no problem with procedural generation, but it's most appropriate in a game that your intended to play multiple times. If this game is 30 hours long, there is a good chance that I'm not even going to finish the first playthrough, let alone play it a second time. Maybe your just encouraged to explore certain areas multiple times?

30 hours are in the average hours to finish a video product. Here, it is about deciding over playing another 30 hour long vid product or sticking to that one and get a replay out of it.

30 hours are in the average hours to finish a video product.
Speak for yourself.
My average hours to finish a video product are 50-60. Then again, I'm not buying nor playing games like Candy Crush Saga.

Another hotfix appeared, so another bump:

1.04 HOTFIX - 2017/05/21

FIXES:

- fixed being unable to fish when Shichiroji's Bond is at max level and baits are used
- fixed being removed from a dungeon when the game is saved multiple times in a single camp site
- fixed being unable to finish a battle when the player has 0 Dilac
- fixed negative RP blocking progress in social links
- fixed a potential progress blocker in Chapter 2 where a player would try to exit the town building screen when a cutscene is being loaded
- fixed a rare bug where rewards wouldn't be correctly applied after a tutorial battle
- fixed Escape button skipping some cutscenes
- fixed the Consume skill of Visage of Anguish
- fixed a bug where clicking on a diplomacy perk reward would incorrectly open a menu
- multiple fixes to challenges (first strike, defeat a weakened enemy and more)

Another patch!

MOST RECENT PATCH: 1.05

FEATURES:

- Improved save system. Dungeon campsites can now be accessed more than once. This lets players save multiple times per dungeon as long as they reach the campsite.
- Rest function has been added to the dungeon campsites. A player can rest once per campsite. Resting refreshes defeated party members.
- New random number generator has been implemented in the game. Dice rolls should now be much more consistent across various platforms and CPUs.
- New voice lines have been added for Kay in various Personal Bond cutscenes.
- Labels with faction names have been added to the Diplomacy menu. No more guessing!
- A new, more distinctive player icon has been added to the world screen.
- Skill morphs now have a new background in the 'equip perk' menu.
- Town screen has received an indicator showing which Personal Bonds are available for the player to pursue.
- A new icon has been added to better show which menu tab is currently being displayed.
- Tooltips have been added to character portraits in the town screen.
- Completed dungeon nodes now have new icons.
- Cutscenes are now skipped by holding the Space button for 1 second instead of pressing it.
- Story Mode has been made slightly easier. Player characters will now deal increased damage to enemies in the Story Mode.
- The camera can now be panned by holding left Ctrl and using WASD keys.

BALANCE TWEAKS:

- The final boss is now immune to Death Touch.
- Imperial Ashigaru's Last Stand ability cooldown has been increased to 8 turns.

BUG FIXES:

- Fixed Miri's Personal Bond quest getting stuck.
- Fixed an infinite loop in Winter's Personal Bond text adventure.
- Fixed potions granting incorrect shield values.
- Fixed the tutorial campsite banter disappearing after loading the game.
- Fixed Levant's skill morphs.
- Fixed erratic dodge values for enemies hit by Esther's Penetrating Round.
- Fixed 'complete the game' and 'craft 25 items' conditions for achievements.
- Fixed being able to advance the dialogue when a menu is opened
- Fixed various typos and localization strings
- Fixed battle rewards not being applied in rare cases
- Fixed Flatbeard Foothills kingdom quest
- Fixed turn order overlapping the player's hotbar

I'm 20 hours in the game.
Fights are very hard.
You can't roll like in D. Souls and then preach it's hard. Make a wrong move and you're history.
So far I love the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom