Knights of the Chalice - v1.18 Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Time for an update to Knights of the Chalice:
1) Corrected the text about the dragon’s key.
2) Disallowed dismiss elemental if the elemental is dominated/controlled.
3) Pressing E will pop up the initiative list window if the combat window was closed.
4) When swapping items from a character to another, the game will try to stack similar items on top of each other before displaying “backpack full”.
5) The inventory screen will also display the character’s class and level.
6) It will be possible to target confused allies and confused party members, since they can be dangerous to the rest of the party.
7) Few changes to surrounding AI, cleric AI, and bull rush AI (AI will bullrush into darkness squares too).
8) Fixed a rare bug which was due the fact that the game was loading characters before the weapons and not the reverse.
9) Removed a source of slowdown when attacking with the rolls-history window open.
10) Added an option to display the text in low-resolution, as requested by some.
11) The game will allow shooting and spellcasting towards enemies inside the fog of war (provided you’re not out of range and the line of sight is unbroken).
12) The journal entry obtained from Markus in Corinth will be marked as completed when you receive it, if you have already been to the orc fort by that time.
13) Slight changes to the sprite for wall of fire and silence.
14) Fixed an infrequent bug when casting wall of fire and you’ve been interrupted by an archer.
15) Fixed an infrequent bug which created freezes.
16) Corrected the damage-penalty information text for silver weapons.
17) When meeting the Slaver Lords in the company of Taneliz’s Commander and Lieutenant, the Lieutenant will not sound the alarm (they already know you’re there).
18) Corrected a dialogue with the Jail Master in Taneliz that could be exploited for XP.
19) You will get two Scorching Rays from level 7 and three from level 11.
Thanks, Skavenhorde!
More information.

Great game and very addictive !
THanks for the update notice. The Font smoothing update is great !

LOL, you guys and your font smoothing. You know back in the day all we had were beeps and 3 colors. ;)

Ahh come on JDR, you can't tell me you don't miss your PC speaker. All those beeps and boops instead of that boring music and actual voices.;)

Speaking of voices, I still remember the first time I heard a voice come through on the computer. It was actually on a PC speaker. Battletech 2 tweaked the programming for the speaker so that it made actual voices. Now that was innovation. :D

LOL, you guys and your font smoothing. You know back in the day all we had were beeps and 3 colors. ;)

Hah! Three colours! When I was growing up we just had one colour and had to punch ourselves in the eyes to make it look different!

And we were grateful for it too!

Now that sounds like my dad.:lol:

The first game I heard voice on was on the C64 back in the early 80's. A computer voice would come on and say something like "Another Visitor. Stay awhile, stay forever muwhahaha." I can't think of the name at the moment...impossible mission?

@Benedict-don't you love what us yanks did with your language? We took all the u's out of words. Honour/honor ordour/ordor colour/color :) We're so impatient, we can't even spend the time to spel wrds corectly.

Finally, a new real game to play with actual gameplay, even without a bunch of hippy superficial nonsense and twitch or RT garbage. I haven't checked the internet in a while, have I missed any more non-hippy real game releases besides this one?

Yes you have, but we're not telling you what they are!! :p :)

The first game I heard voice on was on the C64 back in the early 80's. A computer voice would come on and say something like "Another Visitor. Stay awhile, stay forever muwhahaha." I can't think of the name at the moment…impossible mission?

Not sure ... but for me it was Castle Wolfenstein on my Apple ][ in '81.

Back
Top Bottom