RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   RPGWatch - Going to Gamescom (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43449)

Myrthos August 8th, 2019 12:45

RPGWatch - Going to Gamescom

This year we are going to be at Gamescom again and at the moment the following games are on the schedule:

• Children of Morta
  • Conglomerate 451
  • Dark Envoy
  • The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics
  • Dolmen
  • The Falconeer
  • Gamedec
  • King's Bounty II
  • Legend of Keepers
  • Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory
  • Solasta: Crown of the Magister
  • Starpoint Gemini
  • Stygian
  • The Waylanders
That is definitely a list with some non-high profile indie games there :)

What I have requests for, but still no responses up to now are:
  • Bloodlines 2
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Greedfall
  • Wasteland 3
Some of the publishers for these I have contacted in various ways and still have no response, so I doubt they will all materialize (if any). Either the mails are going into their spam folder, are rejected by their server, sent to the wronf recipient or is just ignored.

Larian has no presence on Gamescom. Swen isn't going, some others are, perhaps I can talk to someone else about BG3, but I have no response about that either.

More information.

porcozaur August 8th, 2019 12:49

Something of PB/Elex 2 would be nice :D

Myrthos August 8th, 2019 12:50

As far as I know they are not there.

Luethar August 8th, 2019 13:37

I am very interested in hearing about The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics! Dark Crystal Lore + Tactics = take my money

henriquejr August 8th, 2019 13:40

Hey @Myrthos,

How about news regarding Solasta: Crown of the Magister and GloomHaven ? Both games are being published by French studios

Myrthos August 8th, 2019 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by henriquejr (Post 1061577819)
How about news regarding Solasta: Crown of the Magister and GloomHaven ? Both games are being published by French studios

I don't know if they are, or are not at Gamescom. They weren't on my checklist.

henriquejr August 8th, 2019 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrthos (Post 1061577820)
I don't know if they are, or are not at Gamescom. They weren't on my checklist.

But could you check if they will be there?

joxer August 8th, 2019 14:32

I like the list of confirmations. It's always better to have indies covered mainstream media isn't interested in, than chasing games everyone and their mother will talk about everywhere. ;)

purpleblob August 8th, 2019 14:39

Another vote for Solasta: Crown of the Magister if they do attend Gamescom.

Myrthos August 8th, 2019 14:41

Gloomhaven developer and publisher are both not listed in the Gamescom database

Tactical Adventures (Solasta) appear to be there. As I already have maxed out on the number of games, I'll add this to the backlog of games I'll visit when some of the other queries yield no results.

Morrandir August 8th, 2019 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrthos (Post 1061577804)
  • Unannounced game of an adaptable, narrative, cyberpunk isometric RPG

So someone announced to announce a game?

Myrthos August 8th, 2019 16:16

It happens with every Gamescom. Publishers announce the game just before or at the first day of Gamescom, for publicity purposes. For a short moment a lot of press probably writes about this previously unannounced game.
I don't know how effective it is though, given there is so much news during Gamescom.

Archangel August 8th, 2019 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrandir (Post 1061577843)
So someone announced to announce a game?

It is announced now: https://gamedec.com/

They also got a trailer now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPFEVGfM1ZE

skally_wag August 8th, 2019 16:51

Really only Interested in seeing more off at the moment: Dark Envoy and The Waylanders, not really sure about the rest.

Don't want to see more off below as I have already committed to buy
Bloodlines 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Greedfall
Stygian
Wasteland 3

Myrthos August 8th, 2019 17:19

Stygian and Conglomerate 451 have been confirmed and in the process also a yet unannounced RPG.

Zloth August 9th, 2019 01:22

Egosoft will be there with their Split DLC, but that's really not an RPG.

Carnifex August 9th, 2019 15:53

I don't have an actual project to suggest, and it appears that your time is fully booked, so I'll just say that I look forward to reading any and all thoughts after the show has wrapped.

screeg August 9th, 2019 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrthos (Post 1061577851)
Stygian and Conglomerate 451 have been confirmed and in the process also a yet unannounced RPG.

Don't understand what you need to contact the publishers about.

Myrthos August 9th, 2019 22:40

Because for most games I am visiting the publisher booth in the closed off section, where I get to meet one or more developers that talk about their game and who I get to ask questions as well.
Some of the indie games I will see are in the public hall 10, so anyone can meet the devs, but having an appointment ensures that they have time for me.

Often I am contacting press agencies who handle the contacts for the publishers or developers.

screeg August 10th, 2019 05:35

Ah, that makes sense. Was going to offer to put you in touch with Stygian, but I can't tell if "Stygian and Conglomerate 451 have been confirmed" means you need that or don't need that. Obviously I don't know what's going on, but I'm jealous that you'll be there!
:)