REBORN - Kickstarter Canceled

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Elemental-Labs has canceled funding for REBORN with a new update saying it will re-launch in November.
REBORN (Canceled) Redux Campaign in November 2013

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support and warm reception that you gave to project REBORN. However unfortunate as this may be, after thinking about our Kickstarter campaign and talking to backers regarding our reward levels and various other requests for ports including our stretch goals, we really want to consider a relaunch of REBORN with many things about our campaign corrected and refined. I personally want to ensure that our current backers receive a special incentive for their support and encouragement during this very difficult time for Team REBORN, as well as myself. For future backers, I welcome you and want to ensure each one of you in our crowd-funding community that you will like what we will offer in our redux campaign. We are only here because of our hardwork and the faithful support of you, therefore we will not forget about anyone! As such, I will be contacting each one of you to inform you of your reward for supporting us. For newcomers, we welcome you and sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We want to say please standby for the redux campaign in November 2013.

Sometimes it’s hard to examine failure while the pain caused by it still lingers, but being an entrepreneur and an indie studio means sometimes getting back up off the canvas when you’ve been knocked down, and simply refusing to accept a result you don’t like. To me, failure is often a great chance to rediscover one of the many paths to success, and Kickstarter is no exception to this so that is why the team and I have considered contacting our community of backers first before we pulled the plug temporarily.
More information.

Too bad, that project interested me pretty much (except the multiplayer stretch goal).

The game does sound like it might be good so I'll cover it more in November on it's re-launch. I first thought it was only a multiplayer game due the games kickstater page.

Their polished Kickstarter site presented itself really well. It's kind of a surprise they didn't do better.

Their polished Kickstarter site presented itself really well. It's kind of a surprise they didn't do better.

The eventual success or failure of a Kickstarter is - usually - evident very early on in the campaign.

http://arstechnica.com/business/201...redict-a-kickstarters-success-within-4-hours/

In this case they got off to a bit too slow of a start and it's very hard to make up for that deficit later. Luckily they have polished their presentation a bit and should be well prepared to get off to a good run when they do relaunch.

Back
Top Bottom