Ashes of Oahu - New Screenshots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Worthplaying has some new screenshots for action RPG Ashes of Oahu.

Built using the Unreal 4 Engine, Ashes of Oahu combines innovative action with faction-based gameplay, inviting players to discover the secrets of Hawaii's mystical past while uncovering and exploring a full-scale authentic representation of 500 square miles of game world terrain - from discovering special powers and abilities of the Hawaiian gods, to choosing skills and weapons, and remaking the island in their own way, all while watching out for the powerful Nightmarchers who protect the island.

In Ashes of Oahu, players must fight for survival and learn to tap into the power of the spirit world to become a demigod and help liberate Oahu from the army that has taken its control.

As you explore the apocalyptic paradise of Oahu, you will come upon various areas of settlement. Some will be overrun by Kamapua'a raiders, while others will be run by the various factions that have taken footing. But it's the Pig God's raiders that can be the most dangerous, and it's Kai's job to clear them out.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/671600/Ashes_of_Oahu/
Key Features:
- Inspired by native Hawaiian stories, traditions, and beliefs but with a unique fictional twist that brings in ghosts, raiders, and gods
- Four distinct factions to work for…or against!
- Over 75,000 lines create a massive and engaging narrative
- Choices truly matter and can lead to any one of over 100 different endings!
- Guns take on new and amazing powers thanks to the Magical Weapon Mod System
- Play your way by unlocking 50+ skills and abilities
- 25 sq/km of beautiful locations throughout Oahu, Hawaii
- Craft items from Hawaiian resources you find throughout the Island
I'd call it instabuy if they wrote "no endless respawns". Since potential grinding is not mentioned, I'll wait for the release. That'd be…
Ashes of Oahu will launch in Spring of 2019
Eh?

Additional note - this developer is responsible for some VR "spectacle" people didn't like much it seems:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/563680/DragonWingsVR/

Last edited:
I suspect that, even should this project launch in the next month or so, it's still a far ways from being complete. It does intrigue me, but I won't be plunking down money for this one anytime soon.

What Carnfiex said. I really would like to play an RPG with Hawaiian gods and all that, though.

Back
Top Bottom