Skyrim - Dragonborn First Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft has posted the first Dragonborn screenshots on their Elder Scrolls site:
<strong style="color: #a9a9a9;">Explore Beyond Skyrim [/b]
Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.
<strong style="color: #a9a9a9;">Become the Ultimate Dragonborn [/b]
Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.
<strong style="color: #a9a9a9;">New Powers[/b]
Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.
<strong style="color: #a9a9a9;">New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more[/b]
Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.
More information.

New paths for your skills? Reworked perks system or just respec?

The texture are really low in those screenshots. I guess I'm spoiled with all the HD textures on my Skyrim now (+ ENB and all the other gizmo).

The Seeker looks creepy too.

Screenshots look great. I also was intrigued by that "choose new paths for your skills and abilities". Interesting.

Dig the floating jellyfish. Character development in Skyrim could use some work.

Dig the floating jellyfish. Character development in Skyrim could use some work.

If you mean the depth of characters you meet, I agree completely. If you're saying that the skill system needs work, I mostly disagree. I think the skill system needs a little tweaking, but overall it works well. I do plan on playing on a harder difficulty level next time though. It was a tad easy on normal, even for this non-lover of combat. I'm trying to stop myself from replaying Skyrim until I can get my hands on Dragonborn. I may not make it though. FNV is starting to bore me after another 150 hours or so. I'm trying to play the dlc that happens in the grand canyon, but it's very dull so far. I could care less what happens to these two tribes I've met.

If you mean the depth of characters you meet, I agree completely. If you're saying that the skill system needs work, I mostly disagree. I think the skill system needs a little tweaking, but overall it works well. I do plan on playing on a harder difficulty level next time though. It was a tad easy on normal, even for this non-lover of combat. I'm trying to stop myself from replaying Skyrim until I can get my hands on Dragonborn. I may not make it though. FNV is starting to bore me after another 150 hours or so. I'm trying to play the dlc that happens in the grand canyon, but it's very dull so far. I could care less what happens to these two tribes I've met.

DLC in the grand canyon actually sounds cool. I never bothered with DLC for F:NV because I beat the game in about 50 hours and felt that I saw everything there was to see in the game in that 50 hours. It just didn't seem to have nearly the amount of content that a game like Skyrim has. Could just be my experience and it probably varies between people but I really felt like I explored most of the points of interest in the entire game in a mere 50 hours. And once I beat it I didn't really feel like going back and exploring at all.

This DLC might actually be worth it!

I'm trying to play the dlc that happens in the grand canyon, but it's very dull so far. I could care less what happens to these two tribes I've met.

It's called Honest Hearts, and honestly - that comment is pretty poor form. This particular DLC offers more roleplaying choices and has a much more interesting story than any of the DLC made by Bethesda (maybe save for The Pit) as far as I'm concerned. Maybe take a break from the game rather than spoil it if you're getting bored? Because otherwise you're missing out.

Conversely, I haven't really been incentivised to purchase any of these Skyrim DLC yet. Just not enough quality content or roleplaying meatiness for me to really warrant it yet. Sorry to say this one doesn't do much for me either. :p

This DLC is definitely going to be worth it. Solstheim should be a decent sized landmass to explore, if nothing else. According to an achievement added during the 1.8 patch (Solstheim Explorer), there will be at least 30 locations to uncover on Solstheim. That's pretty nice. I'm thinking that it's more along the lines of a full expansion pack. And the price is only $20 so that's not too bad either. It will be worth it.

The fact that it's on Solstheim is rather disappointing - I had my fill of that place in MW:Bloodmoon. It would have been nice to have them visit Elsweyr (?) or wherever the Dominon originated to cause some mischief…

Summerset Isle? That province is probably going to get it's own game. Actually, Summerset Isle was supposed to be the 3rd Elder Scrolls game, but they decided to go with Morrowind instead. Elsweyr would have been cool too but again, probably going to get it's own game eventually.

I do hear you on getting your fill of Solstheim with the Bloodmoon expansion, but I personally can't wait to return to an area we have previously explored. It's been over 200 years so the land is very different now. It's going to be interesting seeing what exactly has changed. And being so close to Morrowind will give me warm, fuzzy feelings. Seeing Red Mountain in the distance is going to be amazing.

It's called Honest Hearts, and honestly - that comment is pretty poor form. This particular DLC offers more roleplaying choices and has a much more interesting story than any of the DLC made by Bethesda (maybe save for The Pit) as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I haven't given up on it, but I can't say I'm surprised that you prefer Obsidian DLC to Bethesda's. I would have been dumbfounded had you said you prefered anything of Bethesda over Obsidian :) That's okay, different strokes! Skyrim is calling me heavily so Honest Hearts, Dead Money, et al, may have to wait. I'm going to give HH one more night before giving up though. I'm to the part where you drop the first companion and get the sorrowful one. I just got an ugly glove and I really enjoyed that quest. I've also seen at least two options on how to handle those pale-legged folks, the David way and the Burned dude way. I'll probably go Burnie.

It's called Honest Hearts, and honestly - that comment is pretty poor form. This particular DLC offers more roleplaying choices and has a much more interesting story than any of the DLC made by Bethesda (maybe save for The Pit) as far as I'm concerned. Maybe take a break from the game rather than spoil it if you're getting bored? Because otherwise you're missing out.

Conversely, I haven't really been incentivised to purchase any of these Skyrim DLC yet. Just not enough quality content or roleplaying meatiness for me to really warrant it yet. Sorry to say this one doesn't do much for me either. :p

I have to agree with Pessimeister here. Obsidian's DLC just feels better than anything Bethesda has done with there last three games. This is the third dlc for skyrim and none of them interest me.

I wanted to see the Thalmor fleshed out or maybe even my character becoming king, or emperor due to being Dragon-born, and having the blades serve me.

I'm trying to stop myself from replaying Skyrim until I can get my hands on Dragonborn. I may not make it though. FNV is starting to bore me after another 150 hours or so. I'm trying to play the dlc that happens in the grand canyon, but it's very dull so far. I could care less what happens to these two tribes I've met.

I know what you mean - I really enjoyed New Vegas, played a few hundred hours and picked up a Steam package deal last year which included all the New Vegas DLC, but haven't had a chance to try any of the new content as I've been playing Skyrim since launch.

I probably won't have time to get to it until next year, but whenever I do try the New Vegas DLC, I plan to start a brand new playthrough with lots of mods installed to change things up.

Back
Top Bottom