Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Deep Dive Trailer & System Specs

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a new deep dive video for Assassin's Creed Valhalla which explores gameplay mechanics. Additionally the system specs are now available.

Ubisoft has released a Deep Dive trailer for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, featuring some brand new gameplay footage from it. This trailer will give you a glimpse at the gameplay mechanics that Ubisoft has implemented in this new AC game.

In Assassin's Creed Valhalla, you are Eivor; a fierce Viking warrior raised on tales of battle and glory. Players will explore a dynamic and beautiful open world set against the brutal backdrop of England's Dark Ages. Players will also raid their enemies, grow their settlement, and build their political power in their quest to earn their place among the gods in Valhalla.

[...]

More information.

Yes yes, but the real question is, why hasn't anyone posted a BG3 EA review in over two days?!?!?!

So you need a $500 video card to run it at 1080p60? Another reason not to get this.

Yeah those specs beyond minimum are insane. :wow:

Then again it's Ubisoft they are not known for optimizing the latest Assassin's Creed games on PC. Not just the graphics either. Basically overheating GPUs and CPUs.

For years I'm repeating Ubisoft is either not capable of proper optimization (highly unlikely) or per executive order it's not worked on (most probably, remember Watch Dogs 1 scandal).

Can't wait till JS sees these requirements and makes a video mockery.

Yes …yes …we all know it looks great that's not the problem.:p

For years I'm repeating Ubisoft is either not capable of proper optimization (highly unlikely) or per executive order it's not worked on (most probably, remember Watch Dogs 1 scandal).

Can't wait till JS sees these requirements and makes a video mockery.
Let me know if he does. Also wasn't there a modder who fixed the CPU issue?

Last edited:
Insane/Crazy system specs read the news-bit and posts above.:p

At best most of us will be using the High setting.

Also yes ... I know we have big spenders who have top of the line equipment, but they are a very small minority. Look at the latest Steam data for reference.

I don't know that it's a Ubisoft thing. Far Cry 4 and 5 both looked and ran great on my PC despite me having a low-end to medium system both times. Maybe it's an AC thing, but I woudn't know. I've played all of those on consoles.

I don't brag about hardware. It's insignificant. Now I could brag about my son for hours though. :cool:
Funny you mention your son. I recall you passed down the Holy Titan card to him.:biggrin:

Must be nice to buy $1,000 video cards. I envy you. :happycry:

I don't know that it's a Ubisoft thing. Far Cry 4 and 5 both looked and ran great on my PC despite me having a low-end to medium system both times. Maybe it's an AC thing, but I woudn't know. I've played all of those on consoles.
True but FarCry 5 taxed my last build before I upgraded. Anyway consoles players never have to worry as one configuration makes sure the developer optimizes better.

Why would you let the player to seamlessly change gender of the protagonist? Feels like a weird thing to do in an RPG where the idea is often to (role)play a defined character or a set of characters. Is this purely due to political/popular opinion reasons or is there something else behind it?

On a side note, this appears like another +100 hours game. Who is supposed to have time for all these great looking games these days? Previously we had to wait for years for a game like this. Now there are multiple releases a year. A luxury problem, no doubt…

A second side note, the game will be available on Stadia and perhaps GeForce Now too. Any toaster can run it given a decent internet connection.

Why would you let the player to seamlessly change gender of the protagonist? Feels like a weird thing to do in an RPG where the idea is often to (role)play a defined character or a set of characters. Is this purely due to political/popular opinion reasons or is there something else behind it?
It makes sense and was already answered on this forum.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46006
On a side note, this appears like another +100 hours game. Who is supposed to have time for all these great looking games these days? Previously we had to wait for years for a game like this. Now there are multiple releases a year. A luxury problem, no doubt…
That I can agree with you but Ubisoft promised a more straightforward experience this time. Basically they will tone down the game length and fetch quests.

We'll see on it's release if it's true.
A second side note, the game will be available on Stadia and perhaps GeForce Now too. Any toaster can run it given a decent internet connection.
Yeah thanks but I don't have a toaster. I'm fine with the High-Very High setting. The point was the Specs are ridiculous. I doubt consoles even have that hardware.

Ok, cool if it makes sense. For a moment I was worried…

I will not be witnessing that as CP2077 will hopefully take the rest of my gaming year and next spring too.

A third side note: I just watched the Assasin's creed movie. Must be one of the worst movies I have seen in my life. It the reasoning is on the same level than in that apple hunt, they can keep their story…The game looks cool, though. I will try it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom