Cyberpunk 2077 - First Person Perspective

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamerant reports on a rumour that Cyberpunk 2077 is exclusively first person.

Cyberpunk 2077 is expected to have a proper reveal at E3 2018 in June, but some details may have potentially leaked ahead of time. One of the supposedly leaked details for Cyberpunk 2077 is that the game will be played from the first-person perspective, standing in stark contrast to CD Projekt Red’s previous games like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which have been third-person experiences.

[...]
More information.

I don't think this is necessarily bad news. I still expect it to be a great game.

Well it's not new information as the article says in this quote.
It’s worth pointing out that first-person elements have been confirmed for Cyberpunk 2077 for quite some time. In fact, CD Projekt Red outright said that the massive open world game would be a mix of first-person and third-person perspectives all the way back in 2013. However, this new report makes no mention of a third-person perspective in Cyberpunk 2077, leading some to believe that the studio may have removed it to focus entirely on first-person gameplay.
So maybe they just decided to focus on First Person Perspective instead.:paranoid:

I don't think they'll go for first person exclusively.
One major critics for the Witcher games was the lack of customizability due to a fixed protagonist.
I guess CP77 will have a highly customizable protagonist and they want the gamers to see the protagonist while actually playing.

I don't believe this rumor but I want it to be true. Suffer mushrooms.

What's the problem of beng in first person? Skyrim and Kingdom Come are very immersive thanks to it. And it's a better perspective for a generic character (The Witcher had a fixed character, Geralt, so we were not him, just playing his story).

Also, if the game will have shooting, 3rd person cam is cheating (being able to peek around corners without having to expose yourself, for example; or being able to see what the character can't see).

What's the problem of beng in first person? Skyrim and Kingdom Come are very immersive thanks to it. And it's a better perspective for a generic character (The Witcher had a fixed character, Geralt, so we were not him, just playing his story).

Also, if the game will have shooting, 3rd person cam is cheating (being able to peek around corners without having to expose yourself, for example; or being able to see what the character can't see).

I played Skyrim in 3rd person, except for archery which I used 1st person for. IMO melee combat in 1st person is kind of crap. But if CP2077 is mostly ranged combat then I guess 1st person is fine.

Well it's not new information as the article says in this quote.
So maybe they just decided to focus on First Person Perspective instead.:paranoid:

Or the "mixed first person/third person" was always mainly first person and third was planned for very specific things. It's not like they explained what they meant when they showed that line on a powerpoint in a presentation in 2013.

Given a choice I always play first person, for immersion. If I can see my character then I think like a gamer, rather than the character.

Some people get motion sickness from first person games. I don't get nearly as severe symptoms as some people but they tend to give me headaches if I play them for extended periods.

Also as Lemonhead said, FP melee combat sucks. I guess this will mostly be shooter combat but I assume melee will at least be an option?

To add to the rumours, Gamepressure have 'an inside source' who claims the game will be an action game with RPG elements: https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1758

Porcozaur is to be credited for finding this.

To add to the rumours, Gamepressure have 'an inside source' who claims the game will be an action game with RPG elements: https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1758

Porcozaur is to be credited for finding this.

If that's true, I hope there are significant 'RPG elements'. I was hoping for something more RPG heavy. If there story is good, and there are C&C's, I can still deal with more FPS elements though.

Maybe I'm biased, but as an LGS fan, first-person is my preference.

Not understanding the knocks.

Back
Top Bottom