RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kickstarter - RPG Roundup (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22513)

Couchpotato November 26th, 2013 17:48

Kickstarter - RPG Roundup
 
Here are a few more RPG kickstaters a few you might find interesting. These are usually ones I wont cover with every update. So take a look or not it's your choice.

The Diviner

Quote:

A text-based single-player roleplaying video game with dynamic storytelling and gorgeous illustrations, where every line carries weight

Astrobase Command

Quote:

A sandbox base-building RPG in a low-tech science fiction universe. Explore the stars with the computing power of the Atari Age.

Festival of Magic

Quote:

Festival of Magic is an original adventure role-playing game where the players must fight and farm their way to glory.

Windforge

Quote:

CONTRA meets MINECRAFT in a building-block RPG! Explore an ever-changing steampunk world featuring Airships & Sky Whales.

More information.

joxer November 26th, 2013 17:48

1. Smells like a phonegame - not interested.
2. No story game? No brainfood, just clickfest? Bah.
3. Cute and looks somewhat like modernized Septerra Core. Instapledged (KS seed).
4. My horoscope is Virgo and subsign is Cancer, means earth+water. I have no interest in games about air, if I did, I'd buy all those petty plain simulators.

EDIT:
Oh and… If #3 devs will ever read this… Mentioning Hogworld in the project site IMO is a huge minus. Luckily, the rest of the presentation was good enough to make me open the wallet.

greywolf00 November 26th, 2013 19:15

I love these kind of articles, especially since RPS no longer does them.

Festival of Magic looks interesting though I expect the art style will turn some people off (I like it, cartoony graphics seems to age better).

Already backed Astrobase Command.

wolfing November 27th, 2013 01:24

Was going to back Festival of Magic, but then saw the early bird level was all gone.

Bendik Stang November 27th, 2013 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061228394)
Oh and… If #3 devs will ever read this… Mentioning Hogworld in the project site IMO is a huge minus. Luckily, the rest of the presentation was good enough to make me open the wallet.

We did. :-)
The easy answer is that it's the honest history we have. We wish we could brag about having made a super awesome RPG, but we haven't.

Quote:

Was going to back Festival of Magic, but then saw the early bird level was all gone.
We have made a not-so-early-bird level that still has a $5 discount if that motivates you. Please remember that you are pledging to support the development and not really preordering.

crpgnut November 27th, 2013 16:10

I didn't see an rpg in the whole list. A better title would be "Games that claim to have at least one rpg-like element so that they can have some buzz roundup" but I guess that'd make a really long title :D

crpgnut November 27th, 2013 16:20

Totally tongue in cheek, because couch does a great job here:


I'm sure we'll get news on the new kickstarter that came out today. A guy walks into a room and farts into a microphone in the video. Couch calls it a roleplaying game and posts the news because the guy is playing the role of someone who has gas. There is no exploration, character creation, skills, attributes, stats, combat, magic, but hey he was playing a role.

Couchpotato November 27th, 2013 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061228493)
Totally tongue in cheek, because couch does a great job here:


I'm sure we'll get news on the new kickstarter that came out today. A guy walks into a room and farts into a microphone in the video. Couch calls it a roleplaying game and posts the news because the guy is playing the role of someone who has gas. There is no exploration, character creation, skills, attributes, stats, combat, magic, but hey he was playing a role.

Well I found it funny and had a laugh.;) I'm sorry I still can't offer you the CRPG filter you want so desperately. Never the less keep em coming as I don't mind.:)

gandalf.nho November 27th, 2013 18:06

Of these 4, I only backed Astrobase Command

joxer November 27th, 2013 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bendik Stang (Post 1061228488)
We did. :-)
The easy answer is that it's the honest history we have. We wish we could brag about having made a super awesome RPG, but we haven't.

Hopefully this one will be super awsome. ;)

rune_74 November 28th, 2013 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061228394)
1. Smells like a phonegame - not interested.
2. No story game? No brainfood, just clickfest? Bah.
3. Cute and looks somewhat like modernized Septerra Core. Instapledged (KS seed).
4. My horoscope is Virgo and subsign is Cancer, means earth+water. I have no interest in games about air, if I did, I'd buy all those petty plain simulators.

EDIT:
Oh and… If #3 devs will ever read this… Mentioning Hogworld in the project site IMO is a huge minus. Luckily, the rest of the presentation was good enough to make me open the wallet.

Why don't you just cut and paste all your crap and reuse it?

joxer November 28th, 2013 02:40

Why don't you visit a shrink. Not today.
Yesterday.

DArtagnan November 28th, 2013 11:56

You guys should go together a number of years ago ;)

Hastar November 28th, 2013 14:46

Hey it's Thanksgiving. Time to forgive and remember we all love computer RPG's. :)

joxer December 1st, 2013 14:17

Received an e-mail from the project I've backed, Festival of Magic. There is demo available to download for Windows, MAC and Linux.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch