Realms Beyond - A Turn-based RPG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We have been contacted about an RPG that has been in development since 2016, named Realms Beyond. It is an isometric turn-based fantasy RPG with a party up to six characters.

PlayerRaces_Ingame-1024x534.jpg

Realms Beyond is a classically inspired fantasy role-playing computer game with turn-based combat and a party system that allows you to control up to six characters at any one time. Whether you yearn for an open world to explore at your own pace, tactical combat that allows you to plan your moves carefully, or want to lose yourself in the rich fabric of our world, trying to survive and make your mark, Realms Beyond offers endless choices, lands to travel, monster-infested dungeons and a host of storylines to follow. Adapting and responding to the player's interactions with the world, you will find a depth and richness for your adventures that combines the very best of traditional gameplay with modern-day technologies. The result is a game world that comes alive, brimming with undiscovered stories, content, mysteries, and challenges.

Key Features:

• Turn-based combat, featuring many favorite spells, feats and actions, based on rules described in the (3.5e) Revised System Reference Document (SRD) covered by the Open Game License v1.0a (OGL) by Wizards of the Coast, Inc
  • Custom-built, isometric graphic engine that combines zoomable 2D and 3D technology to bring to the screen a never-before-seen amount of detail
  • A bustling open world, spanning entire continents, replete with believable NPCs, complex cultures, factions, societies and a fascinating history
  • Create a party of up to six characters, with customizable appearance, ranging from 7 different races and 8 different classes
  • More than one hundred spells, each with unique, stunning visual effects
  • Thousands of individual items to use and interact with
  • An epic storyline, massive quests, uncounted missions, hordes of monsters and a world that is steeped in lore and mystery
  • Create your own adventures, campaigns or even entire worlds using the UrWelt RPG Engine framework
Platform: PC Windows

Planned Release Date: 2019
More information.

Holy moly! Looks fantastic and I like what I read (isometric, turn-based, SRD 3.5).

This will be an insta-day-one-buy for me. (If they do an EA I would also buy it directly to support.)

Awesome, even more cRPG :)
Doesn't look bad either. Just hoping they make a good class development.

Sounds a little too ambitious for a first product, but I'll keep an eye on it.

This is the type of game I get excited about. Nice Christmas surprise. It checks off all the boxes that I enjoy in a crpg. Hopefully the modding tools aren't too hard to make your own modules. Keep on the Borderlands and Against the Giants :)

Sounds a little too ambitious for a first product, but I'll keep an eye on it.

I agree Wolfing but it is Christmas time and I'm feeling jolly today. Will keep the grinch at bay today and pretend I'm 9 years old on Christmas morning. Doesn't hurt to have faith in the hobby I love, once in a while.

Nice! Indeed a great Christman surprise.

Btw. this is Chaos Chronicles reborn.

I suggest doing an interview with Ceres Games.

Sounds fabulous !

SCREENSHOT THIS! Beldurax said something nice :)

I agree with him on this tho. This game checked all my happy boxes this morning. Nice surprise. I'd buy it just because they are doing a decent job of trying (so far).
Although... 2019... We could all be dead by then!

Yes it looks good, but what about the story and interaction? Wait and see, I guess.

We will post much more information in future blog entries. Material related to combat and environment interaction such as NPC dialogues and puzzles will be available in early 2018, but first we need to get those systems in a polished state.

I'm glad the team from CCs is able to give it another go. I hope they are successful.

We will post much more information in future blog entries. Material related to combat and environment interaction such as NPC dialogues and puzzles will be available in early 2018, but first we need to get those systems in a polished state.

Hey there Hoboglin42. Thanks for posting here! The game looks interesting.

I'm curious what happened to Demons Age, though? It disappeared suddenly from Steam. I saw some posts on the 'Codex that says this game uses some of the same assets as that (scam) game. Any info on that?

Looks great on paper... but it's only on paper. =) 2019? I'll see where things are that then... looks pretty ambitious and my spidey-sense says we may never see this but I wish them luck!

Back
Top Bottom