Red Dead Redemption 2 - Gameplay Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Techcrunch took a look at Red Dead Redemption 2 and found it very real.

Open worlds have been a staple of gaming for a long time, but recent titles like Breath of the Wild and Horizon: Zero Dawn have significantly pushed the boundaries of what players expect from their environments. Rockstar, of Grand Theft Auto fame, is looking to make them all look like toys with Red Dead Redemption 2 and its wild west frontier that looks to be not just huge, but refreshingly real.

[...]

Thanks rjshae!

More information.

Nice video, the game looks very promising.

No PC release announced yet and doubt there will ever be so Meh. Though you might be able to stream it on PC with PS Now in the future, but I was never interested in doing so.

Of course it will come to PC. RDR was just an oddity in that way.

Rockstar has more money than God - and there's a reason for that. They sold 100+ million copies of GTA V. They did that partially by releasing it for platforms in sequence, deliberately WITHOUT mentioning future platforms until they were closer to release - making sure people bought it multiple times. Even if only 10% of the people buy it more than once, that's still 10% more free money.

I will give you my personal guarentee it will come to PC in a year or two - but you won't hear about it for a while.

If not, then they seriously have more money than God :)

The reason Rockstar cares about PC today more than ever is that GTA Online has become such a smash on the platform, largely due to many extremely popular mods.

Not releasing RDR 2 for PC would be like burning your money for kicks.

According to an article on the rockstar website, their own position (in response to why Red Dead 1 didn't come to PC) is "All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform) – we will and we usually do;"

So I'm not sure why people think Red Dead 2 has no chance of eventually coming to PC unless rockstar's position has changed from the above.

Wish it was designed for the pc; looks decent but to me most recent ports have been very disappointing.
Yep and the reason given why the first game wasn't released on PC was bad coding. Basically Rock Star claimed it was impossible to port the source code.

If they add a mode to be used as an acting platform, as they did in GTA4/5, it will come to the PC. Just the sales from people who want to join a streamer show are going to be huge.

So I'm proud to say I've never played a GTA game as I don't really care to be the bad guy, kill cops, etc. This looks like the same thing but with cowboy hats. It says you can play the main character any way you want, and I hope that's true…

I was hoping for a RDR 1 remastered version for PS4 which never came too. So I could buy both for only one console

Looks incredible.

Almost tempted to get a console for this. Luckily I have such a huge backlog I probably won't play this day 1, so I will wait and see how the PC angle develops.

Looks incredible.

Almost tempted to get a console for this. …

As someone who played the first one to death, it is worth getting a console for!
Although I'm a PC gamer at heart, I have an XB1X beside my desktop PC because I don't like missing out on the latest games.

I disliked the tone and style of the GTA games, though I'm sure they are impressive in some ways. I had a great time with the formula in RDR, though. It was still a bit weird and "gamey", in the way you could replay missions and so on, but the Wild West atmosphere and gun play made up for it.

This is looking good to me. Hope they don't befoul it with microtransaction nonsense that drives me away.

Does the console version have good kb/m controls ?

As someone who played the first one to death, it is worth getting a console for!
Although I'm a PC gamer at heart, I have an XB1X beside my desktop PC because I don't like missing out on the latest games.

Back
Top Bottom