HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Twinfinite reviewed the tactical RPG GOD WARS The Complete Legend:

God Wars: The Complete Legend PC Review

God Wars: The Complete Legend on PC

After debuting on PS4 and PS Vita and then expanding to the Nintendo Switch, God Wars: The Complete Legend is finally landing on PC via Steam almost exactly two years beyond its initial release.

Of course, this kind of game really doesn't suffer from age, as it's as classic as you can imagine in pretty much all of its aspects, from graphics to gameplay.

God Wars tells the story of Kaguya, a princess born at the foot of Mount Fuji, destined to be sacrificed to calm the raging gods. Yet, her destiny changes when the young Kintaro and his sidekick Kuma release her from her confinement within her village's shrine.

From then on, she has to forge her own destiny, helped by her friends and surrounded by popular characters coming straight from the deepest layers of Japanese folklore.

This is one of the most charming elements of God Wars: its roots in local legends and lore are extremely solid, making the game a rather unique experience even for fans of Japanese games. The game's atmosphere is the labor of love of its creators, and it shows in pretty much every aspect of the game including the story, the characters, and even the gameplay.

[...]

Ultimately, God Wars: The Complete Legend is both a delightfully classic simulation JRPG experience and a small glimpse on how the genre could evolve without abandoning its turn-based structure.

It comes with all the depth veterans of the genre expect without necessarily feeling unwelcoming to newcomers, and with so much content that novices will become veterans before they're done with a fraction of it. Add to that an absolutely fascinating setting and an enjoyable story, and we have a winner that I can wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who isn't allergic to turns.

Score: 4/5 - Great
More information.

I already bought it - it's a great game for turn-based combat fans.
I'll put it on the RPGWatch Curator list.

Told you so! Eheh! The only two feature GOD WARS is missing is the
1. Save Anytime one from PSX emulators. Then I always backup even those saves, so I have every couple missions safely tucked away. I can simply overwrite the factory save slots then replay if I missed some important stuff.
2. TURBO SPEED button to speed up the gameplay of some enemy walking / attacking and cutscene sequences

What is the save system like on this newest version? Can you save anywhere, or are there only certain spots that you can store your game at?

You can save anytime with PC version.

Speed functions and settings are available, too.

Back
Top Bottom