Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Delayed

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Kotaku reports that Deus Ex: Human Revolution release date will be pushed back till the next fiscal year, which begins in April 2011. The game was supposed to be released in March, but they have decided to polish up a bit more before releasing it. Here is the official statement:
With weak sales performance of console game titles that have been newly released during the current fiscal year as well as harsh market feedback regarding a key title, the Group recognizes the reinforcement of development capability in our Digital Entertainment segment as our most critical managerial issue.

We therefore have decided to spend additional time to further polish our upcoming game, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, resulting in a shift in release timing from our prior plan of the current fiscal year to next fiscal year.
More information.

Usually this kind of delay is from a business stand point and not game quality , there for another game is being stored in the ware house and collecting dust. If the developers are hard at work polishing the game for a better product for the customer then Please... take as much time as they need ! Personally i think all of the big gaming companies are full of shit, Money comes first then quality and customers last on the list of priorities .

Usually this kind of delay is from a business stand point and not game quality , there for another game is being stored in the ware house and collecting dust. If the developers are hard at work polishing the game for a better product for the customer then Please… take as much time as they need ! Personally i think all of the big gaming companies are full of shit, Money comes first then quality and customers last on the list of priorities .

I have to agree with you.When a game is finished and already has a release date set and lets not forget the trailers in the last few weeks hyping it. Its not going to be polished the game will be pressed and shipped to company's with a label do not sell to whenever it comes out. The dev team will move on to dlc or another project. Did anyone here remember alpha protocol same thing and in the end it was a dud.

I work in retail shipping and we revive games and movies weeks to months ahead of the release date. Don't pop the label are you will be fined it has happened.

Last edited:
Couch, In my opinion Dues 3 will be a good game weather it will play well for the PC is another story. The market is flooded with FPS and anything a little different like Dues Ex to me is very much welcome. This announcement is not even in gamers language . Its share holders language therefore Money is all that care about.NOT a quality Game . You think share holder play or no the difference between a good Hybrid FPRPG and a poor one .

Honestly, if this is for game quality, great. From the business-speak it looks like they've realized that releasing a game (particularly on consoles) that is buggy is generally a bad-move and they're going to take another month to make sure Deus Ex doesn't wind up similarly.

Personally I'd encourage other developers/publishers to do the same as even on the PC I'm getting sick of getting a new game and having it virtually unplayable for the first two weeks to a month until a patch arrives.

Edit: Doing a bit of poking around, looks as though the game mentioned that received "harsh criticism" was the new Final Fantasy MMO (which I've been paying absolutely no attention to, and from the reviews I've read rightly so). Looks like the PC version was released with a poorly ported console interface and they've been losing money trying to convince people who purchased the game to keep playing. Hopefully this means that when Deus Ex hits they'll actually have a decent PC interface set up.

Last edited:
If these game companies keep pumping out garbage there not gonna make there billions right??? Look at Call of Duty!!?????

The problem with Final Fantasy XIV is more then it's interface since the entire game is horrible from the combat to quests.

If they truly are spending extra time to fix bugs and ensure that Deus Ex is a very stable game upon release, then I applaud them for doing so. There have been far too many games released before they were ready that were great games but needed more work. Subsequently, some of these games ultimately failed as bad press and word of mouth spread (Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines is always the most depressing dead franchise that comes to mind as a result of this). I don't want to see the same scenario cause the failure of Deus Ex - a series that I thought would never be resurrected. Even if the release day bug levels are comparable to FO:New Vegas, as in playable but fairly annoying at times due to numerous bug issues, I'd rather have the developers put forth the necessary time and effort to make the game as stable as possible while they have the luxury of doing so - even if the delay is more of a monetary decision by the publishers rather than a quality decision, the devs should take advantage of the extra time.

@Thrasher
Kotaku reports that Deus Ex: Human Revolution release date will be pushed back till the next fiscal year, which begins in April 2011.

It begins in April. It doesn't end in April ;)

Back
Top Bottom