Gothic 3 Console Will Not Display?

DarbyCrashed

Watcher
I've made the necessary change to the gothic ini from TestMode=false to TestMode=true with no result...when I am in the game, the console will not display; at all. I have been trying to use the tilde (~) key to no avail.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. there has to be a fix out there somewhere, I just haven't found it yet.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

have you tried the following?

"Marvin Mode console display stat fix (... 1.07, 1.08, 1.09)
Press left control key + s simultaneously to display statistics about memory usage.
If you get graphics corruption, you need to do the following simple thing due to a Gothic 3 engine bug.
Make a new empty directory named _compiledImage inside your Gothic 3 "Data" folder, and a new empty directory named _Intern inside this one.
For instance:

C:\program files\Gothic III\Data\_compiledImage\_Intern

Urban legend: in ancient days people thought that you need to decompress the whole _compiledImage.pak in this folder. It is now proven that this is not needed."

thanks Punter, but unfortunatately it didn't work...I just tried pressing ctrl + s simultaneously and it displayed the statistics clearly, without any graphical corruption.

Any other thoughts on how I should proceed?

I should mention that I am running ver. 1.12.

This seems to be one of the most active Gothic 3 forums around and the members really seem to want to help...so I am still hopeful someone will help me figure this out.

yes, I did...still nothing.

but the folder _intern folder is now full of .ximg files.

unfortunately, the console still won't display at all.

having reread your problem i've just realised that i misunderstood your problem as i thought you were having difficulties seeing what you had typed into the console as opposed to bring the console up at all

with that in mind i was wondering if you have tried alternative keys such as "¬" to bring up the console (unfortunately i don't have G3 installed atm or i would check)

just a thought and sorry for the slow reply

I have tried all the keys. Nothing.

getting very frustrated, but thank you for your help so far.

umm have you tryed the F2 key?:biggrin:
have you done the following? : in game press the button witch you use to see player statistics, then type "marvin" (without quotes) then press button again... now try opening the console: F2 or... (but i don't think so...) "~"

hm maybe it works for him. he should give it a shot (change to test more=true and do what i said... if it doesn't work... well dunno)

yea what i said is for G1 and 2... for this one you have to change to tesmode=true and press ~

MARVIN should also work in G3.
Set testmode back to false, free the keys needed for Marvin and type
marvin
during the game.

Another idea:
TestMode=True

Remove everything except keyboard and mouse from your USB port. Then try again.

I have tried all the suggested changes. So far, none of seem to be doing the trick. I have even tried using multiple keyboards.

I have had one new (useless) result. When I do type in "marvin" it says "marvin mode activated" or deactivated, but when I go back to charactor stats page and press F2 or ~ nothing interesting happens. No console.

Very strange. I'm wondering if anyone would mind haviong a look at my ini file and compare check it to their own to see if they can spot any obvious differences.

ohh... not like that... you go to character stats... type marvin... then exit stats and press F2 press it while you are in game seeing the char.... not in the stats menu... or try ~

grrrr what on earth!!!... i have no idea... ask again maybe some of the buys know the solution...

hey what do u want to use console for?

Back
Top Bottom