Trouble loading News Frontpage

Ubbax

Watchdog
I'm having trouble loading the Rpgwatch News Frontpage. It appears to be related to a specific piece of news: King's Bounty: Armored Princess - Offical Announcement.

Everything loads/displays fine up until I hit that news bit.
Then this is the text I see:

King's Bounty: Armored Princess - Offical Announcement
by Myrthos, 12:49
We've reported about this add-on before, but here is the official annoucnement from 1C:

<!--[endif]-->

At that point the page stops loading and I get the pop-up bar:
"This website wants to run the following add-on: "ietag.dll" ..."

Yes I know I could just accept the download for the add-on but It's never requested this before and not just to display a particular news bit. I'm curious as to why?

I took a screenshot of how the page displays for me however I do not seem to be able to add it to this post. When I click on the "attachment paper clip" in the editor it opens a new browser displaying the login page which just keeps requesting I login no matter how many times I try.

I'm running fully updated Windows XP Pro with SP3 and IE7 v7.0.5730.11

Ubbax
"Trust is good. Control is better." - Feliks Dzerzhinski, founder of the Soviet secret police

I had no problem loading the front news page a few moments ago. Perhaps it has something to do with that virus you're using called IE!! :)

I got some weird ActiveX thing in that news bit in Outlook.

There was a lot of messy code in there I cleaned it up so it should be fine now.

Works great now, does not request the add-on "ietag.dll" either.
Thanks very much guys :)

@ Corwin, Unfortunately oh Ancient One some of us are forced to use various Microsoft viruses on certain PCs ;)

Any ideas about the editors "Attachment button" requesting cycling login requests?

Ubbax
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

I checked it out and I don't have that problem in IE7.

I checked it out and I don't have that problem in IE7.

Thanks Wages, I just tested it again now and there is no problem with the editor.
Everything is back to normal and working fine now.

Thanks to everyone who assisted.

Ubbax
"A man must be both stupid and uncharitable who believes there is no virtue or truth but on his own side." --Joseph Addison

Hi Guys. I see nothing but a blank white page when I try loading RPGWatch.com now, been like this for about a week? I can access the forums, but nothing loads the news page, not different browsers, not hard reloading.

It works just fine here. Can you reproduce that on a different PC?

This sounds like the problem I had shortly when I messed up one of my internal thingies (Myrthos: the two files I accidentally overwrote in arhu/).

I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to the public version though and the site displays fine for me too.

Can you delete your rpgwatch cookies and see if that helps?

Same problem. I only get a blank white page for rpgwatch.com

Been like that for about a week. I thought you had a VERY extended maintenance. ;)

I did change the header slightly last Sunday (changing the default theme to dark for those without cookies), but I'm not sure if that's the problem, since it's working for others. Could it be cache related?

You can try if having the SHIFT key pressed while reloading the page solves it.

Shift doesn't help.

Not sure what else to try. It's weird.

Unless people have saved the forum link, they probably can't/won't get in touch with you either.

It happens occasionally to me too… not that the entire page go blank… but that it fails to load most of the content. It's quite strange because sometimes the loading stops in the middle of an article, and if I reload the same thing keeps happening… until I try again much later // changing browser and or cleaning cookies doesn't appear to help it //… maybe it is a performance problem ? do you guys have any logs to check these this in ? like apache or whichever webserver you are using ?

Probably it is a different problem though, since it always go blank for you Coar.

I asked two of my friends who have never visited the site to test it, and it worked fine for both of them, using Firefox and Safari respectively.

I deleted all my cookies and temp internet files the other day, and it's given me no problems in Firefox.

Back
Top Bottom