Obsidian Entertainment - South Park RPG

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
According to Gameinformer The "leading animation franchise" that Obsidian is working on is South Park. There is not that much info on the game itself other than it's South Park. Here's about all the info on the game:
Thanks to a collaboration with THQ and Obsidian, Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue, and overseeing the development of South Park: The Game. Unlike the cash-in Acclaim titles from over a decade ago, this ambitious project is a full-scale RPG for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. As the new kid in South Park, it'll be up to you to make friends and defend the town from a wide range of threats. Be sure to check out our January issue for all the details, as well as an interview with Parker and Stone themselves.
Thanks, Jaesun for the heads-up.
More information.

I can't believe it's not April!

Not sure why Feargus was so excited about this, they started out with a Star Wars RPG for crying out loud! Now they're doing the kind of IP that typically gets assigned to whichever no-name studio offers to do it the fastest and cheapest?

Last edited:
I can't say I saw this coming. It's an interesting project but I'm not sure OE can pull it off. Time will tell.

Ok lets sum up today's events. Dragon Age is going multiplayer, The Codex is loose and They killed Kennie is coming to a computer(or probably console) near you.

Great day in the morning

Terraria patch 1.1 is out. That makes up for everything else and the leading franchise could have been My Little Pony :) South Park doesn't sound so bad. Might be fun if they do it right.

I hope it is good and they make good cash as the last good CRPG maker I want Obs to succeed. That said I hope their next game is a deep and interesting cyberpunk (Shadowrun) or fantasy (DA like but real gritty, dark) CRPG, I wish they still had the D&D rights to make NWN3... :(

Very interesting. I'm a pretty big fan of the show, but I'm very curious to see how they plan to pull this off. It might lack depth, but it could be a lot of laughs and loads of fun. I'm willing to see how it turns out. I guess it worked with Mario, so why not.

That's like the craziest and most unexpected videogames news ever.

They need to release it on December 21th 2012, it'd be somehow fitting since this has got to be a sign of the end of the world :p

-Sergorn

Indeed, I think this might just be the most unexpected gaming news I've ever heard. To say that I'm shocked is a serious understatement.

I have no idea whether this will be good or not.

Errr.. NWN2 was FAR better story, FX and writing wise then NWN1 was. So saying NWN2 wasn't good shows a lack of grasp of these topics (or simply poor taste) on your part.

A fellow Bostonian! However... you seem slightly attached my friend! I'm hardly alone in critique of said Obsidian product.

Back
Top Bottom