The Witcher - Review @ Play.tm

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This reviewer at Play.tm apparently hates fantasy and avoided The Witcher but ultimately, the game turned him around. The score is 80%, although the short text doesn't really explain what it was that broke through his dislike of the genre:
You might think, once you've taken into account that opening volley, that I'm not the best person to review The Witcher. I'm probably not. I wouldn't go near this game if I had to buy it. But every now and then reviewing games for the good of gaming does offer a few unexpected pearls in return (besides the free game and kudos, but forget that, we do this for the love of the culture - sort of). While certainly without being forced to play The Witcher I would never have bothered; what an experience I'd have missed out on. Indeed this review should have been in ages ago, but I couldn't bring myself to put a finger to key - there was so much to do and experience, I didn't want to utter a word with so much left to uncover and so I didn't, I waited, experienced and played.
More information.

Oh yay, one of those people who thinks the Witcher "doesn't match up with RPG player expectations"

It surely doesn't, if your experience with RPGs extends over Diablo, WoW and Oblivion.

It's nice to see someone get an 'education'!! :)

Back
Top Bottom