RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ubisoft - Develops Stars Wars Adventure (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46728)

HiddenX January 13th, 2021 18:48

Ubisoft - Develops Stars Wars Adventure

Ubisoft will develop an open-world Stars Wars adventure with their studio Massive Entertainment:

Quote:

Ubisoft Tweet

We are excited to announce we are working with

@LucasfilmGames

to develop a brand-new, story-driven, open world Star Wars adventure!

More information.

NFLed January 13th, 2021 19:15

I enjoy Ubisoft games such as the Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs series a whole lot so this is very good news to me.

joxer January 13th, 2021 19:24

Here's hope it's no lootboxes game.

Redglyph January 13th, 2021 19:27

Massive Entertainment was mostly involved with The Division series, multiplayer-only. I won't hold my breath but who knows, it may be interesting.

Wisdom January 13th, 2021 19:34

Assassins Creed with a Star Wars skin?

FizzyShellfish January 13th, 2021 20:24

Here's hoping for something other than a cliché family drama story.

Oh, who am I kidding? It's Disney™ Star Wars™

JaakkoPeltonen January 13th, 2021 20:46

Maybe something related to The Mandalorian? Bounty hunter gameplay could work for an open world game.

JDR13 January 13th, 2021 20:47

Good lord… First Indiana Jones and now Star Wars.

Is there anything else we can throw down the shitter today? :)

ilm January 13th, 2021 20:57

With the recently revived Lucas films by Disney expect a whole lot more.

JFarrell71 January 13th, 2021 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 1061628875)
Massive Entertainment was mostly involved with The Division series, multiplayer-only. I won't hold my breath but who knows, it may be interesting.

The Division isn't multiplayer only. I played it single player and it was actually pretty cool, imo. The setting is one of the best they've done.

JFarrell71 January 13th, 2021 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061628884)
Good lord… First Indiana Jones and now Star Wars.

Is there anything else we can throw down the shitter today? :)

Most of Star Wars is and has been shit for decades. A decent Star Wars game would immediately become one of the better things done with the property.

Redglyph January 13th, 2021 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061628888)
The Division isn't multiplayer only. I played it single player and it was actually pretty cool, imo. The setting is one of the best they've done.

It's presented everywhere as MP. You played with a team of only one character?

JFarrell71 January 13th, 2021 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 1061628893)

Interesting way to phrase it. You don't need a team, period. You can do all of the missions solo, like any single player game. Takes longer to whittle down some enemies, but yeah, it's fine.

Andrew23 January 13th, 2021 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 1061628893)

Its possible to play solo and yes, graphics are nice and background is interesting. But MP design reeks from it on every step. It was unbearable for me to continue after several hours. Never touched second game after that.

Redglyph January 13th, 2021 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061628894)
Interesting way to phrase it. You don't need a team, period. You can do all of the missions solo, like any single player game. Takes longer to whittle down some enemies, but yeah, it's fine.

Good to know, thanks!

When the first game was announced, I quickly lost interest when they said it would be MP / team-oriented, I had my share of MMO and online's not my thing anymore.

That's still how it's put on Ubisoft's website for the 1st game, but for The Division 2, I see a campaign mode. That's quite interesting :)

JFarrell71 January 13th, 2021 21:42

I was the same way. I don't play MP games, much less MMOs. I was pleasantly surprised.

I've only played the first. The overall rep is that the first game has a better setting/atmosphere (and it is good), and the second has better gameplay.

The games get crazy cheap during sales sometimes. I bought Division 2 for $1.99.

JDR13 January 13th, 2021 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFarrell71 (Post 1061628889)
Most of Star Wars is and has been shit for decades. A decent Star Wars game would immediately become one of the better things done with the property.

We had more than just a decent game last year with Jedi: Fallen Order.

Another quality Star Wars game would be great, but I don't see the Ubisoft paradigm providing that.

JDR13 January 13th, 2021 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 1061628897)
When the first game was announced, I quickly lost interest when they said it would be MP / team-oriented, I had my share of MMO and online's not my thing anymore.

That's still how it's put on Ubisoft's website for the 1st game, but for The Division 2, I see a campaign mode. That's quite interesting :)

The Division is "ok" imo. The visuals and atmosphere are excellent, but the gameplay lacks variety.

I really enjoyed it for around 20 hours or so, but then I grew tired of fighting the same enemies over and over again.

It's definitely worth grabbing during one of those sales though.

JaakkoPeltonen January 14th, 2021 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061628901)
We had more than just a decent game last year with Jedi: Fallen Order.

Also Star Wars: Squadrons, for those who enjoy flight sims.

Couchpotato January 14th, 2021 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisdom (Post 1061628877)
Assassins Creed with a Star Wars skin?

Why not given the success of Ubisoft's open world formula with RPG elements they would be fools not to. The Star Wars IP at EA is basically garbage nowadays.

Plenty of fans want another KOTOR RPG but it never happened yet either.

Yes we get action games, FPS's, flight sims, but no RPGs.:(

ilm January 14th, 2021 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaakkoPeltonen (Post 1061628919)
Also Star Wars: Squadrons, for those who enjoy flight sims.

Just occured to me that it has been a while since we had a privateer-like game.

Squadrons and privateer seems like a nice combination. Wait, that's the gap star citizen is supposed to fill. Although exploring the star wars universe with dialogue choices, quests, etc. is tempting and a must buy for me.

HiddenX January 14th, 2021 09:45

I want a new Tie Fighter game.

JDR13 January 14th, 2021 09:58

Speaking of Star Wars: Squadrons, has anyone here played it? I know it has a single-player campaign, but I've seen people describe it as just a tutorial to multiplayer.

Rumors have Jedi: Fallen Order 2 coming out next year. No official announcement yet, but I hope it's true. J:FO was the first SW game I enjoyed in a very long time.

DarkELVES January 14th, 2021 11:27

Well, I for one am cautiously optimistic…

Andrew23 January 14th, 2021 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061628971)
Speaking of Star Wars: Squadrons, has anyone here played it? I know it has a single-player campaign, but I've seen people describe it as just a tutorial to multiplayer.

Rumors have Jedi: Fallen Order 2 coming out next year. No official announcement yet, but I hope it's true. J:FO was the first SW game I enjoyed in a very long time.

Spent few hours in first missions. But didnt have time to really dig into it. Which I plan as I have Valve Index and Thrustmaster HOTAS sitting in boxes under my desk.

On first sight I find this space sim shallow on the sim part. Its more of action game then simulator, but I expected that, so no really hard feelings from my side so far. Graphics are decent and atmosphere in VR with HOTAS is really immersive.

Alrik Fassbauer January 14th, 2021 19:40

Of course it will be an ACTION Adventure !
No company wants story-driven MI-style adventures anymore …
(MI = Monkey Island)

vanedor January 14th, 2021 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew23 (Post 1061629016)
Spent few hours in first missions. But didnt have time to really dig into it. Which I plan as I have Valve Index and Thrustmaster HOTAS sitting in boxes under my desk.

On first sight I find this space sim shallow on the sim part. Its more of action game then simulator, but I expected that, so no really hard feelings from my side so far. Graphics are decent and atmosphere in VR with HOTAS is really immersive.

Also having a HOTAS sitting under my desk. I havent bought / tried the game so far : For one my PC doesn't quite have the minimum specs, and I dislike how it's oriented to play in Multiplayer, 4 vs 4. This is a bit disheartening, and so is the fact that the different ships seems balanced with each others… which is something I find very against the idea of what a Space Flight Simulator should be.