ATOM RPG - 1.08 Update Teaser

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for ATOM RPG lets us know what to expect from update 1.08, which will arrive March 20th.

1.08 Update Teaser

6 Mar @ 6:08am - AtomTeam
662c79cb01c15b1fd761a237c14df94b2501009f.jpg

Greetings, friends!

After a month and a half long development cycle, we are finally ready to announce the contents of the free update, which we are planning to release on March 20th.

We spent our time working on all aspects of the game. Because of this, the game will now feature the following:

• Quality of Life improvements (with a whole lot of new features suggested to us by you, our players);
  • Mod creation tools as well as full mod support;
  • Additional balance rules that do not override previous ones, but add to them greatly;
  • New AI functions;
  • Weapon tweaks, including changes to AP consumption and to-hit formulae;
  • Tens of new characters with their unique dialogues and portraits;
  • New questline with two opposing factions;
  • Huge improvements to the stability of the game;
  • New visual effects and animations;
  • New graphic elements (status icons, items, game art);
  • New locations and random encounters;
  • Bug fixes galore;
  • New achievements.

We will also make another update-related post, with full info on balance changes. Be sure to express your opinion on the topic when it's ready.

Also, a special bullet point, aimed at our English-speaking audience: talented writer Scott Hamm of "Age of Decadence" and "Battle Brothers" fame is now helping us improve the English translation of the game. Thank you very much, Scott.

And thank you, our players, for sticking with us and ATOM!
More information.

Also, a special bullet point, aimed at our English-speaking audience: talented writer Scott Hamm of "Age of Decadence" and "Battle Brothers" fame is now helping us improve the English translation of the game. Thank you very much, Scott.
Now that is good news. Glad to see the developer's listened to feedback.:clap:

Meh, I actually loved poor translations, any cause to laugh is always + in my case.
Although… When it comes to quests where a questgiver asks you for tins and that's not really what you're supposed to bring… That stuff should have been corrected.

I've planned to give a few suggestions on improving stuff myself, but as QOL changes aren't detailed above, will have to wait for the patch.
The most important thing to change IMO is the car trunk. Realism aside, merchants need to see it's contents.

Balance changes do not interest me. The game is challenging enough on normal difficulty and JoshSawyering the balance postrelease instead of adding new content is IMO an utter fail. The only thing to address is OPness of a certain crafted pistol, but that could have been addressed differently by making the ammo for it not available practically everywhere - they did the very thing with scarce ammo for the best rifle in the game anyway.

Ahhh so I will continue to hold out a bit on this one, keep the updates coming and it looks like I'll be exploring Atom within a few months.

What months. The game is already good (and done), what's coming in a couple of weeks within this patch is pretty much an additional polish.

Man, DLC will be free and will be additional random quests irrelevant to the current game progression. I wish they stop updates after this upcoming one and leave those new ideas for a sequel.

Balance changes do not interest me. The game is challenging enough on normal difficulty and JoshSawyering the balance postrelease instead of adding new content is IMO an utter fail.

It's as if you never even read the article. Let me help you out:

Tens of new characters with their unique dialogues and portraits
New questline with two opposing factions
New locations and random encounters

I think that all counts as "new content", don't you think?

Man, DLC will be free and will be additional random quests irrelevant to the current game progression. I wish they stop updates after this upcoming one and leave those new ideas for a sequel.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. First you complain about the lack of new content (which is wrong), now you complain about new content. Which is it going to be?

What months. The game is already good (and done), what's coming in a couple of weeks within this patch is pretty much an additional polish.

I'd never play an indie this close to launch.. i'll wait 1 year, it'll be like a whole other game for sure + just overall a way better experience.

It's as if you never even read the article. Let me help you out:

Tens of new characters with their unique dialogues and portraits
New questline with two opposing factions
New locations and random encounters

I think that all counts as "new content", don't you think?
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. First you complain about the lack of new content (which is wrong), now you complain about new content. Which is it going to be?
Why the doublepost? And what's not clear?

It's going to be no new content and even more important no Josh Sawyer for me.
Now what I've said exactly above, lemme find…
"JoshSawyering the balance postrelease instead of adding new content is IMO an utter fail. "
" I wish they stop updates after this upcoming one and leave those new ideas for a sequel."
Yea, it can be in opposition… And a word "more" should have been in the first sentence then it wouldn't look like that. Clarification needed okay.

Adding postrelease new content does not have to be fail. I don't like it as it's obviously not content that'll happen after the player finishes the released game but before the game finale. Their choice though, my suggestion is stop it after the next patch and keep fresh ideas that aren't already in the game for a sequel.
Postrelease Josh Sawyer is fail wether I like it or not. Instead of wasting time on that, they could add even more new content on top of new content. JoshSawyering will IMO ruin the game. Address obvious exploits if exist and leave it at that. Simple.

Or in other words. Patch it up, modders will use modtools from the next update for whatever full conversion mod, rebalancing or "cheatin'". Leave the game alone as it is already fine, move onto the next project.
i'll wait 1 year… a way better experience.
I doubt that. Unless you mean reshade mods that'll appear during next year. The thing is reshade has no place on my PC as I think of it as malware.

Last edited:
No complaints from me at all! Quite happy that I sponsored this game and I'm pleased they are continuing development, as that's just a boon to all of us. Once the updates cease I'll be checking it out.

I doubt that. Unless you mean reshade mods that'll appear during next year. The thing is reshade has no place on my PC as I think of it as malware.

Mods has nothing to do with anything (well unless there's an editor coming, that could change up things). This would be the first indie RPG in history that doesn't change dramatically over a year after its release. It might be so, but i doubt that.

Free content updates for all buyers love it. :heart:

I would definitely pay for an expansion.:nod:

I'm glad to see the success that this project seems to be having! As for me, I'll be waiting until all the content is set and fully patched before exploring this world for myself.

Back
Top Bottom