Sabotain Break the Rules

buckaroobonzai

VR nomad
If anyone bought this from France or Italy. Both versions have English voices with French or Italian subtitles and UI - there is a fan made English patch.

Here is the archive (including a guide how to implement the changes). It also includes a prepared file for French version of the game made by me. Now everyone can enjoy full English version of this rare game.
http://www.mediafire.com/?el3t66sdvu79l82

Sorry for necro post, but I just got this game and installed the patch according to the instructions and get the translated GUI and menus, but none of the conversation dialogue is translated so it's hard to understand and pick what your character is saying in multiple choice conversations, though I could just save before each one and listen closely :)

What version do you have French or Italian? It works fine with my French version?

If you have French version you don`t need to follow instructions. All you need to do is replace data00.sab in your games directory with preprepared data00.sab found in above mentioned mediafire archive.

Last edited:
I have the French version and I replaced the .sab file, but still the same problem. I opened up the file with winrar and all the text files in Data/TEXT/fra/DIALOGS are in Italian. Very strange.

Yes you are correct. I haven`t really played the game past first location. Now I reinstalled it and everything is translated except dialogs which are still in Italian. I contacted the author of this translation patch but my guess would be he has not translated dialogs because he does not understand Italian that much. He used English demo files and online translators to translate most of the game.
But all dialog files are simple text files and it would be easy to translate them. On the other hand the game seems to be very buggy and average at most to go through all this…

Here is the topic about it
http://3dsl.game-host.org/phpBB/vie...ys=0&postorder=asc&highlight=sabotain&start=0

Ok, it looks like I'll have a lot of work translating the dialog as there are a lot of files. At least it's been halved by the developers apparantly not making the Alex character selectable.
Thanks very much for all the help, though.

Alex is selectable if you play original French or Italian version. It becomes unavailable if you apply unofficial patch. That is because the patch is extracted from English demo and you can not select Alex in demo. Please let us know if you manage to finish the work translating all dialogs.

Out of interest, do you know which file(s) cause Alex to be unselectable? So far I've managed to translate Alex's dialog for the first and nearly all of the second missions.

Already uninstalled the game. Compare your original file structure with demo file structure. Don`t remember quite but I think demo has less directories (files) in that data archive.
You can find English demo here
http://www.gamershell.com/download_7351.shtml

Are you translating French or Italian version? Using only online translators or do you understand some French (Italian)?

Didn't have much luck comparing the files, but I did a quick job to get around it - install the game as normal and choose Alex, then save after intro and briefing and quit and install patch. Works fine so far, although "Kent Reed" is displayed in inventory etc screens.

I'm translating from the Italian dialog files due to my basic language studies. I'm preserving the file structure so that when I'm done it'll be a straight drop-in for the patch.

I'm hopeful that my work will be up to par with the excellent job the fan translators did with Precursors and White Gold.

just out of interest ,could you post the new english files if you manage to improve the original eng patch?
there isn't many games like this after you've played all the classics like Nomad Soul and deus-ex ….e.t.c
THANKS.

Last edited:
I wonder if there are any worthwhile undiscovered foreign games out there from the noughties , that might be really worth knowing about?

i still have my disk from forever ago i imported from playasia.com back when it came out. all english, when it worked, except the cover. never finished the game as there were a lot of bugs, but it was in english when the voices felt like working. i will agree there are very few cyberpunk like games and i really dug the level design and art direction despite it being a fairly sufferable game. i doubt we will ever see omikron 2 at this point. though in truth i never finished the first either. i will play almost any cyberpunk game even if it looks to be a stinking pile, though a decent game that had open levels would most likely be my favourite all type game. hard reset, also not finished, has some decent cyberpunk vibes to it, and the comic-style cut scences are great, but the fast pace shooter genre simply strips away the setting and strategy elements that unfold under a slower pace game. a cyber punk city-builder would probably offer me more enjoyment.

Can you please upload English text files to some free server. It would be great to play this game fully translated.

The file is data00.sab

Last edited:
sabotain eng files

Curiuos,
do you mean english text dialog or english audio?
coz all copies have english audio.
If you mean text then YES! please upload English text files

data00.sab
go on you know you want to!
it'll mnake alot people very happy.
————————————————————
i translated a couple of folders, but there is too many too avoid carpel tunnel syndrome.

sabotain could be better if some good modders got working on it.
if its even moddable.

well i pulled my boxes of boxed games out of the closet and had to reinstall it. i've uploaded the file. feel free to upload it to any other location.
Download File - 112.3 Mb

well i pulled my boxes of boxed games out of the closet and had to reinstall it. i've uploaded the file. feel free to upload it to any other location.
Download File - 112.3 Mb

If had this game I would hug you . I was looking forward to buying it but it got canceled before the us release.:glomp:

Back
Top Bottom