Risen No expansion yet?

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch
No news of a possible expansion yet? Been trawling the net, but haven't seen anything yet. Am I being too impatient here?

As far as I know there was not even news about a patch yet ?? In fact judging from how quiet PB has been I am woundering about how they are doing.... as RISEN was probably a survival project for them.....

The PC game did fairly well on the german market (a weakened market, admittedly, but the 100000 confirmed sales was enough to make it the most successful PC RPG of 2009, and then there are the console sales), and PB was recently hiring (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=726190). So they are definitely working on something.

after the catastrophic release of Gothic 3, Risen was always going to be a make or break game for PB. thankfully they managed to get a stay of execution with the moderate success of Risen. maybe in the next game, they'd be able to concentrate on improving their achievements. the future is looking good.

Officially there are no plans for making an add-on as of last week.

I would expect Risen 2 soon.

A patch was confirmed months ago. No news since then. Who knows if it will ever come.

Very disappointing to see there is still no patch yet, even if Risen doean't have many bugs to begin with.

I'd rather hear news about a sequel than an expansion at this point.

Yeah, it seems the expansion idea has gone away, but I'll be happy with a sequel. Also hope they patch for whatever issues folks are having.

If a game like Risen doesn't give them the leverage they need to go further, I have no idea what will. I hope they don't go more mainstream to achieve the success they deserve.

If a game like Risen doesn't give them the leverage they need to go further, I have no idea what will. I hope they don't go more mainstream to achieve the success they deserve.

I think a problem was that they more or less botched the xbox port ...

They didn't. ;)
PB's position is that they had absolutely nothing to do with the XBox port. That's Deep Silver's baby.

That is nice for them ... and goes along nicely with the Gothic 3 finger pointing.

Yes. But it's a position. They think they neither wrote a single line of code for it nor were they involved in the development. So it's impossible for them to work on a patch for the XBox version.

I understand, but after it was clear that they bore a lot of the brunt in the whole G3 thing you would think they would have learned that regardless of what it says on paper, Risen is *their* game and it is in their interest to do what they can to protect the integrity of that IP.

Even with the subpar port, I was under the impression that it sold reasonably well - and now they have a solid engine that's still viable for a number of years.

One would think they're in a semi-comfortable position, as long as they don't go in over their heads again.

Very few people experienced any significant bugs in Risen to begin with. It's not as if there's a huge public outcry for a patch.

When I think about it, Risen was actually one of the most bug-free games I've ever played, especially considering it was a free roaming RPG. I didn't have a single lock-up or CTD during my 50+ hours.

I agree - I was just under the impression that the xbox version was not so well received.

A patch would be more than welcome.It's been a couple of months since the last news about it so I assume it has been abandoned..
I'd prefer a full-fletched sequel rather than an expansion.Or maybe even a new IP?

Strange though... I would expect them to cash in even in the moderate success of Risen
with a quick expansion (and add a few much needed improvements to the game that
could only serve to up their cred with their core audience closer to what it was after
NOTR)...

Oh well I am all for Risen 2 sooner rather than Later... Bigger this time please :)

I didn't have any problems with Risen either. It was very bug free. I didn't play as a ranged character though. I hear the bow skills were flawed.

I hope they get started on Risen 2 soon. Well, expansion or Risen 2 doesn't really matter to me. I just know that I want more Risen goodness. But less of the Risen endgame, that was BAD.

Back
Top Bottom