RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bard's Tale IV - Helpful Tips Video (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40911)

Silver September 23rd, 2018 00:24

Bard's Tale IV - Helpful Tips Video

Fextralife produced a video to help newcomers to The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep.

Quote:

loading…

In this video, we'll go through helpful tips that we think you'll need to know when you're just starting in The Bard's Tale 4

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Avantre September 23rd, 2018 00:24

A small tip for anyone who likes to quickly click past things to make the game load quicker: when you load a game from the main menu, it goes to the Bard and his listeners. Your first instinct might be that he's going to repeat what he said at the start of the game. However, what the Bard says doesn't remain the same - he changes his lines depending on where you are in the story.

TheRealFluent September 23rd, 2018 00:50

Tip from me, invest in Soul Leech with Practitioners. Critical hits restore spell points instantly which could lead to chains of extra attacks at no cost to you.

joxer September 23rd, 2018 01:44

Mhmkay, the question that remains is how to boost critical chance %.
If it was League of Legends, I'd build myself a nice and shiny phantom dancer.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Phantom_Dancer
https://i.postimg.cc/SsK0wB6k/pic.jpg

But this ain't mmo like Wasteland3, so…
How to boost critchance in bt4?

Caidh September 23rd, 2018 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avantre (Post 1061530686)
A small tip for anyone who likes to quickly click past things to make the game load quicker: when you load a game from the main menu, it goes to the Bard and his listeners. Your first instinct might be that he's going to repeat what he said at the start of the game. However, what the Bard says doesn't remain the same - he changes his lines depending on where you are in the story.

I noticed that while playing and thought it was a great touch.

I also can't help but think of Peter Dinklage when looking at one of the characters on that screen though.

you September 23rd, 2018 09:00

So i take it most of you think the game is better than the steam reviews suggest ? I certainly do….

Couchpotato September 23rd, 2018 09:11

No opinion more interested in Pathfinder:Kingmaker & INSOMNIA: The Ark released later this month. I also have plenty of games to finish. So I'll buy and finish this game in 2020.

you September 23rd, 2018 10:47

But you haven't played right? My comment was directed at those who have played…

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061530727)
No opinion more interested in Pathfinder:Kingmaker & INSOMNIA: The Ark released later this month. I also have plenty of games to finish. So I'll buy and finish this game in 2020.

Couchpotato September 23rd, 2018 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by you (Post 1061530739)
But you haven't played right? My comment was directed at those who have played…

Yes semantics geez…:biggrin:

Seriously though you only asked…
Quote:

So i take it most of you think the game is better than the steam reviews suggest?
See you didn't say only those who played the game.

You should of asked this instead…
Quote:

So for those who are playing this i take it most of you think the game is better than the steam reviews suggest? I certainly do….
:spotlight-right::movingon::spotlight-left:

you September 23rd, 2018 11:18

So you are a lawyer in rl ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061530740)
Yes semantics geez…:biggrin:

Seriously though you only asked…
See you didn't say only those who played the game.

You should of asked this instead…
:spotlight-right::movingon::spotlight-left:

Cacheperl September 23rd, 2018 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061530692)
Mhmkay, the question that remains is how to boost critical chance %.

Crit chance is mostly boosted by passive skills, which then increases the crit chance of specific weapon skills (e.g., all sword skills). What matters then is only the skill, not what actual weapon you use. So if you use a sword skill with an axe weapon, the crit chance of the sword skill should apply. You can not stack crit chance from different weapon types.

Also, the weapon skill types impact the amount of skill chance you can get, and the type of critical effect. Axe skills seem to get a very high crit chance, but their critical effect seems (to me) less interesting than the others (bleeding effect).

With that said, if you want to further boost your crit chance, their may be options to do this with items. But so far, I only found one item that affects crit chance:
Spoiler – No heavy spoilers, but a discussion of a specific weapon and when/where to get it

Couchpotato September 23rd, 2018 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by you (Post 1061530742)

Nope sorry I was a Warehouse Manager for a large Retailer.:)

https://cdn.multichannelmerchant.com…ion-center.jpg

Cacheperl September 23rd, 2018 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by you (Post 1061530726)
So i take it most of you think the game is better than the steam reviews suggest ? I certainly do….

Me too. Many of the negative reviews actually make valid points, though.
I just disagree with the overall evaluation. The game's got me hooked. :biggrin:

henriquejr September 23rd, 2018 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by you (Post 1061530742)

According to some watchmembers he was a troll. I don't know If he RECEDED BACK to "lawyer" or EVOLVED into "warehouse manager" :P

Carnifex September 23rd, 2018 14:14

I only played an hour's worth a few days ago, and now that the first serious patch has landed, I might play a bit more this week. So far I've been pleased with what I've seen of the game.

TheRealFluent September 23rd, 2018 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by you (Post 1061530726)

I think it's way better. My personal RPGOTY. Granted I haven't played a lot of 2018 games, but I'm enjoying the heck out of it so far. It's better than I expected, too, which was a nice surprise.

Ripper September 23rd, 2018 15:47

I'm wondering if it's a bit of a sales disaster. The Steam stats are only showing a couple of thousand peak players, it's outside the top 100 on Steam, and it's not very high up on GOG either. Could be misleading at this early stage of release, but the low peak player numbers look pretty grim.

TheRealFluent September 23rd, 2018 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripper (Post 1061530778)
I'm wondering if it's a bit of a sales disaster. The Steam stats are only showing a couple of thousand peak players, it's outside the top 100 on Steam, and it's not very high up on GOG either. Could be misleading at this early stage of release, but the low peak player numbers look pretty grim.

I do think it will be a word of mouth spreader, though. Streamers are liking it apparently, and I think people will start hearing about it soon enough. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I do believe it will start to catch on. It's a very good game.

Dragonx September 23rd, 2018 16:03

I hate current modern rpg sequels with their easy mode, balanced thumbs down, play like world of warcraft hand holding level 1 to level 50 type of RPGs.

Couchpotato September 23rd, 2018 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by henriquejr (Post 1061530757)
According to some watchmembers he was a troll. I don't know If he RECEDED BACK to "lawyer" or EVOLVED into "warehouse manager" :P

Nope I'm the man of many faces and personas.;)

Wait I better go take my medication.:rotfl: