RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

RPGWatch Forums (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Divinity: Original Sin II - Gamescom Reveal (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37341)

Silver August 23rd, 2017 01:16

Divinity: Original Sin II - Gamescom Reveal

Swen Vincke presented at Gamescom Divinity: Original Sin 2 and showed never seen before gameplay.

Quote:

loading…

More information.

purpleblob August 23rd, 2017 02:40

Wow, the world look beautiful. I like the quest they've shown - seems like there will be quite a bit of C&C involved. I also like how you can leave one of your member to deal with hostiles while you continue with the mission lol (was that feature available in D:OS1? I don't think so, right?)

Off-topic: Btw the view behind them is gorgeous too, damn, I would love to visit Europe one day!!!

Moriendor August 23rd, 2017 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleblob (Post 1061468764)
Off-topic: Btw the view behind them is gorgeous too, damn, I would love to visit Europe one day!!!

What you are seeing there is the Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom), the Hohenzollern Bridge (Hohenzollernbrücke) and the main station (Hauptbahnhof).
Cologne is the best city in the world, of course. I was born there! :biggrin:

wolfing August 23rd, 2017 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriendor (Post 1061468767)
What you are seeing there is the Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom), the Hohenzollern Bridge (Hohenzollernbrücke) and the main station (Hauptbahnhof).
Cologne is the best city in the world, of course. I was born there! :biggrin:

A city founded 2000 years ago. I mean, you walk around, trip on a pebble and it could be the same pebble some roman legionnaire tripped on 1800 years ago.

RPGFool August 23rd, 2017 04:06

A remarkably complex game with interesting story and characters. Really amazing the degree of separate and independent control and activity of party members. Somewhat intimidating actually.

One month to go. Will likely give it a try.

Ripper August 23rd, 2017 04:31

Looks very nice, but seems like it still suffers from a muddled tone - sneaking around as a comedy bush while villagers are being brutally executed.

Wisdom August 23rd, 2017 05:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripper (Post 1061468772)
Looks very nice, but seems like it still suffers from a muddled tone - sneaking around as a comedy bush while villagers are being brutally executed.

Have you ever tried sneaking around as a bush? It's surprisingly effective.

Ripper August 23rd, 2017 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisdom (Post 1061468778)
Have you ever tried sneaking around as a bush? It's surprisingly effective.

You have extensive experience?

http://fr.cdn.v5.futura-sciences.com…22287970-s.jpg

JDR13 August 23rd, 2017 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripper (Post 1061468772)
Looks very nice, but seems like it still suffers from a muddled tone.

If you mean the color palette, I agree. That said, the video feed is somewhat poor quality and isn't doing them any favors.

Myrthos August 23rd, 2017 12:33

I didn't get to see that particular region, but what I saw was certainly not muddled.
(I think I can say that without breaking the embargo :))

Maylander August 23rd, 2017 12:56

Looks very good. I've even planned some time off from work for it, so I'm ready to go.

CelticFrost August 23rd, 2017 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maylander (Post 1061468816)
Looks very good. I've even planned some time off from work for it, so I'm ready to go.

The icon has been sitting on my screen waiting for months waiting to be clicked.6

I only checked it out for about 20 mins about 6 months ago.

Pongo August 23rd, 2017 13:27

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this! I haven't taken time off work, but now you mention it, Maylander, it doesn't sound like a bad idea at all….

Maylander August 23rd, 2017 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticFrost (Post 1061468822)
The icon has been sitting on my screen waiting for months waiting to be clicked.6

I've managed to avoid the beta completely. Not easy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pongo (Post 1061468824)
Yeah I'm really looking forward to this! I haven't taken time off work, but now you mention it, Maylander, it doesn't sound like a bad idea at all….

Indeed, Thursday and Friday for me for now, but maybe it should be the following Monday instead of Thursday? It's always hard to predict the actual release time, so Friday + Monday might be a safer bet.

azarhal August 23rd, 2017 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticFrost (Post 1061468822)

Pretty much my case too, although it might have been more than 20 minutes because I love playing around with RPG character creator.

I'm just waiting for the release now and barely following the game development.

BoboTheMighty August 23rd, 2017 14:40

Looks like Larian is doing a good job of expanding more traditional design with new features and updating it on more modern tech.
With CDPR, imo the the best rpg dev out there.

beldurax August 23rd, 2017 17:47

It is too bad that Larian suffers from the fact that they sprinkle their games liberally with occult material / symbolism. All of it is anti-Christian, sorry to say.

booboo August 23rd, 2017 18:11

I regret giving in and playing the beta when it first came out (I basically finished it…except for a few bloody puzzles). Now Ill have to replay all of that and it won't be as interesting…i did the same thing with the first - oh woe is me ;-)

Wisdom August 23rd, 2017 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripper (Post 1061468779)
You have extensive experience?

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/1b4d…?rnd=0.7419083

NewDArt August 23rd, 2017 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by booboo (Post 1061468894)
I regret giving in and playing the beta when it first came out (I basically finished it…except for a few bloody puzzles). Now Ill have to replay all of that and it won't be as interesting…i did the same thing with the first - oh woe is me ;-)

Beta? Isn't it just the first part of the game?