New iPad

Drithius

Magic & Loss
...is impressive.

I'm never been one for Apple products. Their one-size-fits-all design doctrine irks me to no end... not to mention all the proprietary crap forced upon you.

BUT.

This new iPad is insane. 2047 by 1536 resolution on a 9 1/2" screen. That's photo-realistic. Pop in a couple next gen chips and the potential is ripe for the picking.

I still have in my mind the phrase : "i really want one, but i don't know what i will do with it"
Do tablets worth the money, or they are shiny gadgets?

p.s. i have an iphone 4, which i am very fond, but i still think that the cost is not justified.

Not surprisingly I am getting one, and decided to do the 4G/LTE edition this time.

The reason is simple - I use my iPad literally HOURS every day, and not just as some sort of toy. It works quite well as a 80% laptop replacement, gaming system, music production tool, blogging interface, portable note-taker, skype solution, messaging station and so on. And it does it more efficiently than my smartphone or laptop ... and with 10 hour+ battery life.

When I bought the first one I used it a fair amount, but it has really been in the last year that it has become an absolutely essential part of my life. About 6 months ago I stopped using my LiveScrive Echo pen/notebook system, and haven't missed that crutch since.

My iPad 1 got handed down to my kids, particularly my younger son who uses it as a music production system (totally impossible with Android), and my current one will also get shared with the family.

One cool thing with the data plan is that unlike my smartphone, the data plan is 'non-contract'. Which is just plain awesome.

These devices are clearly a luxury, but for me this completely removes the need for a netbook or so-called UltraBook (Macbook Air clones).

In our family ipad2 is used daily and somtimes we have to make a schedule who uses it next. Youngest user is 3-years old.

My ipad is wifi only because I use it mainly in place that have wifi and incase there isnt I can always create a wifi hotspot with my cellphone.

I was looking forward to Siri in Ipad 3 but for som reason they left it out.

Last edited:
I still have in my mind the phrase : "i really want one, but i don't know what i will do with it"

That's the best question you can ask about any computer product.

I bought an original iPad when they came out without answering that question. While being intrigued by it in the beginning, my iPad usage has dwindled to couch-browser. I don't really use it for much else. It wasn't really worth the purchase for me.

While the new iPad is certainly updated technologically with a sharper screen and faster processor, I won't be buying one because I just have no real use for a tablet.

Ive managed to get my gf more interested of games thanks to ipad. Just yesterday she spent hours playing farm frenzy. In a way its helping our relationship.

Ive managed to get my gf more interested of games thanks to ipad. Just yesterday she spent hours playing farm frenzy. In a way its helping our relationship.

Anything that can keep the wife/fiancee/gf occupied while YOU'RE occupied is good. Disregard any comments Corwin might have on this issue. (IT'S A JOKE!!!!).

pibbur who feels exceptionally daring at the time of writing

Anything that can keep the wife/fiancee/gf occupied while YOU'RE occupied is good. Disregard any comments Corwin might have on this issue. (IT'S A JOKE!!!!).

pibbur who feels exceptionally daring at the time of writing

Indeed. While she was playing farm frenzy I managed to buy and download digital deluxe version of mass effect 3 withour her nothing it. With some luck Ill be able to play it today too.

Back
Top Bottom